Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Female vocalist seeking bandmates - Cork

Options
  • 24-09-2014 7:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi!

My name's Una, I'm 25 Australian/Irish just graduated from UCC. Am looking to play music with people, maybe form a band, potentially play some gigs. I sing and play piano, although I don't own a keyboard... yet. I'm not a professional with little experience playing live but passionate and enthusiastic! Have been playing and singing all my life.

Style of music... I mostly listen to contemporary I guess "alternative" music, I play some Angel Olsen and Laura Marling covers as they suit my range (and I adore their music), but I listen to lots of different types of music. At the moment it's Jon Hopkins, Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, King Krule, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Fiona Apple, Tame Impala.

Would be open to a lot of different type of musicians, such as guitarists, keyboard players, drummers, classically trained celloists..... what have you.

Looking for people around my age, in their 20s or early 30s. Looking to play covers, write original material, jam, learn, and just basically music (as a verb).

So anyway I have some laptop recordings and some piano recorded in the school of music on my soundcloud (which I'm not allowed to link to as I'm a new user) but yeah soundcloud address forward slash una-hennessy

PM and we can chat :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 xXAccipiterXx

Hey Una,

in case you are still haven't found anyone to Jam with etc, have a look here:
    boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057333277

Maybe that would interest you!

Let me know ;)

Cheers
    AC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 unahennessy

Hi AC,

The link doesn't seem to work, but I did see your thread that you posted yesterday looking for people, is that what you were linking to?

If it was, I would be interested... if you want you could listen to some of the covers I have on my soundcloud to get an idea of my style, see if you like it, get back to me then?

Una :D

Hey Una,

yes, that was exactly the post I meant ;) Since I am considered a new user myself, I had to get somewhat inventive to post the link (sorry mods) .
    By the looks of it we both can't PM yet so if you want just post the name of your soundcloud account and I'll be having a nosy around then ;)

Looking forward to hearing some of your recordings!

So far we have 2x Guitar and myself on Bass (have to update the original post) and all that's missing are drums and we can get started :D

-AC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 unahennessy

Hey AC,

I'm a new user too so I can't post links, but my soundcloud is: soundcloud . com / una-hennessy without the spaces.
    They're literally just laptop recordings of me singing, and some older piano recordings, but you can get an idea!

Una :)

I found it already (it helps that you use your name ;) )

Do you have an email address that you are willing to disclose on a public board? I would add you into the email trail with the rest of us (we are currently at the stage of trying to pick some first pieces to practice) and we'd take it from there.

I'm planning on meeting at least once before christmas if possible to see about chemistry etc ;)

Thanks again
    AC

• Advertisement
Advertisement