Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Traffic in the morning.

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

That could be it - I'm hitting it an hour before you (you lazy bastard! ;)).

:D

It is only 2 mornings a week I hit it at that time when I drop the kids to school. The other three mornings I get in before the traffic so I hit it at 0645 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,446 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

very quiet coming into South Ring from Douglas @ 9:10, clearly they sorted out the traffic lights at Kinsale Roundabout.

So traffic all OK this morning when lights fixed other than a minor slowdown. Implication of that is that the Douglas flyover issue is not the lack of a third lane but indeed the problem is caused by the Kinsale Road roundabout.
    Impossible to tell from one day of course....lets see how it goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Here's my question (and I concur that it was much easier this morning): where are these cars coming from and where are they going to? The N25 is a lot busier these days than it used to be, which I assume is down to people moving out of the city and heading for the 'burbs like I did, but what's changed out Kinsale direction in the last 10 years? Is there a lot more people working in various industrial estates out that road now? Since I assume most people coming from Midleton/Dublin directions would continue into town from that side of the tunnel, and the turn right lane on the KRR is seldom backed up, it looks like most of the traffic is turning left off the KRR.

ETA: Actually, just had a thought that you can no longer get to the various estates just past the KRR on the left without going through the roundabout, so that probably contributes too.

Airport business park? How new is that (at least 7 years I know) but is it still growing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

I know this is more an "evening" traffic issue rather than "morning"... but should the quay in front of the bus station be two-lanes going East and 1 going West -instead of 2 going West, 1 going (nowhere, but pointing) East currently?

Looking out my window now, there's loads of traffic going East and it's completely backed up, whereas the two lanes going West are very quiet. (What makes matters worse, is you have lots of cars trying to go on straight onto Anderson's Quay but it's blocked up, so cars wanting to turn right onto Clontarf St. are then skipping the line of traffic by driving down along the wrong side of the road). It's causing big tailbacks down along Parnell Place too. If you had two lanes going East, one for going straight onto Anderson's Quay the other for turning right onto Clontarf St. it'd help a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭ofcork

On the radio now people on saying its taking half hour from kinsale road to the tunnel whatever is causing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

ofcork wrote: »
    On the radio now people on saying its taking half hour from kinsale road to the tunnel whatever is causing it.

3 car collision in the overtaking lane before the douglas exit is what i heard on the radio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Much lighter traffic at 7:57 this morning. Traffic for tunnel was only building up at the Mahon slip road.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭koriko

Traffic lights have been changed- finally? Have found the kinsake road roundabout and down by the Elysian much better the last few days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

Traffic was good this morning. Breezed through the kinsale rd rounabout. But took me 15 mins to get through it at 2pm. I thought there might have been an accident but it didn't look like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Douglas was great this morning!

i think we need to run better campaigns in local secondary schools to encourage them to walk or cycle on the new cycle lanes put in all over Douglas! :D

Advertisement