Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Eirtakon 2014 Nov 21st - 23rd Croke Park Convention Centre***

Options
  • 05-11-2014 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭

It's time for the 10th anniversary of Ireland's longest running anime and manga convention - Eirtakon!

Over 2,600 anime and manga fans, cosplayers, video and trad gamers joined us in our new home at the Croke Park Conference Centre last year, absolutely smashing our previous attendance records. This year we’re getting even bigger to celebrate our first big milestone of 10 years!

We have four amazing guests lined up this year: VAs Caitlin Glass & Chuck Huber and cosplayers VenusAngelic and Courtoon Passion as well as a very special appearance by everyone's favourite Vocaloid Hatsune Miku! From cosplay competitions to anime screenings, console game tournaments to RPGs - not to mention the wide variety of panels - there's plenty to keep attendees occupied all weekend long. Plus, this year we have some amazing evening entertainment lined up to suit all ages - our brand new Yule ball, DJ sets and of course the beloved annual pub quiz. Don't forget our Trade Hall which will be packed with our widest range of traders yet, some of the very talented artists of Ireland will be taking over the our Artist Alley and we'll even have some yummy Japanese food available to fuel attendees in between events.

All information on events, tickets etc. is available on the site.

(Also, I thought there was a thread for Eirtakon already but it seems not so apologies for the late notice!)

Hope to see you all there \o/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭MarkMI6

Just to add, the timetable is now live and you can view it here :)

It's quite cool. It has a lot of stuff. And pretty colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

I'm so excited! It's a great line up :D Just wondering, what's the Vocaloid concert to be like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Still not 100% sure if I'm going, but hope to be there on the Saturday ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 sharmander

I've signed up to volunteer at the weekend, and I'm super excited for it all!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Might pop in one day, never been.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭MarkMI6

To give a good recap of the weekend, check out this Irish Times video :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Feedback survery is here if anyone would like to fill it out - help us make Eirta '15 even better!

Also, there was a segment about Eirtakon on the Pat Kenny show on Monday! You can have a listen here. It's about 16/17 minutes in.

Advertisement