Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting adiPower Weightlifting shoes in Ireland

• 25-11-2014 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭

I'm ordering a pair of adipowers this weekend, just looking for a few tips on sizing, websites I could/should use etc.

I'd like a black pair ( http://www.adidas.com/us/adipower-weightlifting-shoes/M21865.html ) but it seems like they're only available in the US, does anyone know if that's correct?

This is the website I'm thinking of ordering from http://www.adidasspecialtysports.ie/product/adipower-weightlifting-shoes/V24382 , exclusively because it's the first site I came across. Does any know anything about that site or if there is a better one around? I'd pay a few extra bob to an Irish website.

Does anyone have experience with sizing? I'm a UK12 with normal runners, should I order UK11?

Any tips or ridicule greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

You can get the black Adipowers from Pullum in the UK.

Link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭generic2012

Cheers lads, do yas know anything about sizing?

They run true to size. I'm a 10 in everything and a 10 Adipower fits me perfectly.

Some people with wide feet complain that they are a bit narrow. If you call into D8fitness in Dublin you can try a pair on.

As an aside, I have never been able to get my address to work with that Adidas specialty site. I've tried every possible permutation of my address but the website just says it's not a valid address. I suppose it doesn't help that I live in the countryside but I don't understand why they make it so goddamn hard for me to give them my money :confused:

Good to know about them being true to size. I have wide feet myself but I've heard that there isn't really too much of a difference between them and the Romaleos, I have nike runners and they're the tightest things I've ever worn.

I'm from the sticks myself so won't be able to them on any time soon! +1 on the address thing. I live right a mile away from a county border but the closest post office is in the other county so that's the one that serves me. So my geographical address is different from my postal address. Anytime I get anything from myprotein, the courier (DPD) wont come near me! They drive by my house to deliver the parcel from one county depot to the other first, it's ridiculous.

And I've been paying water charges for years!!!!!

If only city slickers could live in the shoes of the other half of Ireland!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭neil_

Well the link in the OP is cheaper than any of the others.. I've used sportshoes.com in the past though, if you live near a parcel motel you can use that to get the free UK delivery.

http://www.sportsshoes.com/product/adi6825/adidas-adipower-weightlifting-shoes/
    http://www.sportsshoes.com/product/adi6829/adidas-adipower-weightlifting-shoes/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Thud

I mailed adidas a while back, said they should be getting new stock in November, doesn't seem to have happened yet though.

Might be worth checking with them again because you can get 10-20% off your first purchase when you sign up for their newsletter

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭gstack

Yeah checked today they seem to have nothing between 8 + 12.5 which is where I imagine most guys are

The Adidas specialty store are doing 25% off today if anyone wants to buy shoes.

The code is bfs14

Got paid today, I get paid monthly so I though I should buy them before Christmas or I never will. 188 including delivery from D8fitness. Ordered at 00:01 this morning, I'll get back with how long delivery took once i get them. Cheers lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭John Mongo

DylanJM wrote: »
    As an aside, I have never been able to get my address to work with that Adidas specialty site. I've tried every possible permutation of my address but the website just says it's not a valid address. I suppose it doesn't help that I live in the countryside but I don't understand why they make it so goddamn hard for me to give them my money :confused:

I had the same issue when I was trying to order a pair of Adipowers off them. According to them, there's a problem with their system when it comes to Irish address'.

If you e-mail them though they will fix the problem directly themselves and then when you login, your address will be saved to your profile and will be recognised whenever you order.

Just back from squats at the gym. Shoes sitting inside the door, ah well. 7 day delivery from D8fitness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Thud

Adidas have the white adipowers back in stock in most sizes

http://www.adidasspecialtysports.ie/product/adipower-weightlifting-shoes/M25733

Advertisement