Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Switching to a MBP at Christmas

• 15-11-2014 4:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

I'm going to buy a MBP 15' retina at Christmas - decided I've had enough of windows and PC's.

Is it possible to pre-order one so that I can just go into the store in Dublin and pick it up (arriving into the country for Christmas)?

I dont' want to take the chance that they'll not have it in stock or something when I get there.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Not through Apple, the only Apple Store is in Belfast. You could just order it online and have it delivered to your house for just before Christmas, or go to Belfast and buy one off the shelf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

sure you could arrange this with compu b

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭colm_c

Depending what country you're in, it might cheaper to get one there or in the airport duty free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

colm_c wrote: »
    Depending what country you're in, it might cheaper to get one there or in the airport duty free.

Flying home from Peru, but stopping over for a few hours in Madrid.

Buying one there in the airport might be an option. Are there any potential issues with buying it in Spain for instance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

Apple offer global warranty regardless of where you buy it afaik. You may or may not be covered un the EU 2 year warranty on all elec goods though. Might be best to look at applecare within 6 months or so.

• Advertisement

Kinet1c wrote: »
    Apple offer global warranty regardless of where you buy it afaik. You may or may not be covered un the EU 2 year warranty on all elec goods though. Might be best to look at applecare within 6 months or so.

And its just a simple case of switching language settings if I was to buy it in duty free in Spain?

Would the keyboard layout would be the same as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭colm_c

And its just a simple case of switching language settings if I was to buy it in duty free in Spain?

Would the keyboard layout would be the same as well?

Keyboard might be an issue, you'd need to get a us/uk keyboard, can't change that after the fact!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,947 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

And the charger would be two pin, wouldn't it?

Mars Bar wrote: »
    And the charger would be two pin, wouldn't it?

That wouldn't be too bad, but the keyboard would be an issue. I think I'll just book it online from apple and have it there for when I get home.

Advertisement