Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retina iMac

Options
  • 25-10-2014 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

So has anyone ordered a Retina iMac?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

FourFourFM wrote: »
    No.

Not yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I'd like to but I can't afford to sell all my limbs yet.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Yes they got delivery of one in Dundrum yesterday but is for display only and would not sell to me. Hoping for stock next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Yes they got delivery of one in Dundrum yesterday but is for display only and would not sell to me. Hoping for stock next week.

Well, I'm off to Dundrum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭NetNinja

I emailed them the other day to see if they had a demo model in Dundrum. They didnt seem to know when they would. Must go down for a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I want one, but have exactly zero room for it :(

I can confirm They DO NOT have a display model in Dundrum.

Saw one in Belfast today. Now that is one beautiful machine.

CompuB in Grafton Street (Dublin) have one. Spent about 10 minutes on it. Gorgeous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Harvey Norman in Naas has one. Farking awesome looking screen!!

Collecting mine tomorrow can't wait.

Collecting mine tomorrow can't wait.

Completely jealous. What spec did you go for?

Also jealous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

CompuB in Cork also have one out on display. Fantastic screen, but keeping in line with all Apple products, way too expensive (for my wallet anyway!)

Have a maxed out (except for memory) one coming on Tuesday.

Well collected it guy said first one sold in Dundrum don't have any others either. Shame I won't get to play with it till kids go to bed

Well collected it guy said first one sold in Dundrum don't have any others either. Shame I won't get to play with it till kids go to bed

What spec did you get?

NetNinja wrote: »
    What spec did you get?

Standard one will add another SSD and more ram myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Sam Mac wrote: »
    CompuB in Cork also have one out on display. Fantastic screen, but keeping in line with all Apple products, way too expensive (for my wallet anyway!)

Sweet, I must pop in for a look, dying to see one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭huggs2

Popped into currys galway today and saw a 27" iMac on display.I asked if it was the new retina model and the sales man said no it was the 2013 model.He then said did i know the new model was around €3,000.I said yes and when will you be getting the new model in.He said "its not in europe yet and will be another 2 months."Looks like i will call into Compu-b tomorrow.Hope they have one.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Popped into Compu-b a few days ago to take a look at the new retina iMac, and seeing as they have them side by side, it's easy to spot the difference. Beautiful screen to work on, literally couldn't make out individual pixels an inch from the screen - the older screen seems blurry by comparison, particularly for close up work. If I was working with images a lot, or coding every day, I'd argue that the additional cost is somewhat justified for something you are going to be staring at for a prolonged basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ado100

I have one on order, was due to be delivered today but no sign. Tracking the shipment, I see it's currently in the UK having shipped from China - not Cork!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

ado100 wrote: »
    I have one on order, was due to be delivered today but no sign. Tracking the shipment, I see it's currently in the UK having shipped from China - not Cork!

The only thing that ships from Cork are Mac pro. Even if you buy one from Apple, and wanted it delivered to Cork, they ship it to the UK first, then back into Ireland......:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭boreder

whiterebel wrote: »
    The only thing that ships from Cork are Mac pro. Even if you buy one from Apple, and wanted it delivered to Cork, they ship it to the UK first, then back into Ireland......:confused:

They make Mac Pro's in Austin, Texas.

Configure to order iMac's are built in Cork. Standard configs can ship from anywhere, but because the Retina iMac is still in short supply, they'll ship from China until the distribution centres have caught up with demand.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

boreder wrote: »
    They make Mac Pro's in Austin, Texas.

Configure to order iMac's are built in Cork. Standard configs can ship from anywhere, but because the Retina iMac is still in short supply, they'll ship from China until the distribution centres have caught up with demand.

You're right on the iMacs, they make CTO and standard in Cork at the moment. They ship directly around Ireland these days too.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ado100

5K arrived at last. Blistering fast with the 4Ghz processor and 16gb RAM. Images sharp as a pin. Delighted.

Not jealous at all. Nope.

Advertisement