Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kenwood kMix or Titanium Chef?

Options
  • 25-11-2014 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Can anyone advise on the best Kenwood Mixer to buy/use?

The 2 models I am looking at are the kMix (c.€350) or the Titanium Chef (c.€500). Price isn't really the biggest concern - more functionality and sturdiness.

The kMix looks good and seems to be what is used on the cookery programmes, but it only has a 500W motor. Apparently the fact the motor is on the head of the machine as opposed to the back makes it super strong (according to one salesperson)!?!?!?

The Titanium Chef has a 1400W motor and a load of attachments included, and is an all round bigger machine.

Does anyone have any experience or recommendations with these please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

R1200RT wrote: »
    Price isn't really the biggest concern - more functionality and sturdiness.
    Get the Chef, more power, more attachments. More better.
    Kmix is designed to compete with the Kitchenaid for style.
    I got one of the Premier chefs 1000w for 249 in Currys recently.
    Not sure if the offer is still on but worth looking out for.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I have the Titanium Chef. Love it. It gets a lot of use and it's very sturdy. Bloody heavy too. It was bought on Amazon (worth looking there as it might be cheaper) and it was a serious struggle to get it from the sorting office to the car! The kMix looks lovely but I like the way the Titanium Chef looks too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Apparently Amazon are going to have fantastic deals and flash sales from Friday to Monday this weekend, no harm keeping an eye there!

I love how the Kmix looks but the Chef sounds great, if you've space to keep it and you know it'll get good use just go for it!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Definitely the Chef. It's guaranteed to last decades. The KMix is gorgeous, but it's style over substance. Both will probably do the job, but the Chef is more likely to stand the test of time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

My Kenwood Chef is 31 years old and in perfect working order :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

My Kenwood Chef is 31 years old and in perfect working order :)
    Yep they are built well, those older machines.
    Just keep it serviced and it will keep on mixing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

R1200RT wrote: »
    Can anyone advise on the best Kenwood Mixer to buy/use?

The 2 models I am looking at are the kMix (c.€350) or the Titanium Chef (c.€500). Price isn't really the biggest concern - more functionality and sturdiness.

The kMix looks good and seems to be what is used on the cookery programmes, but it only has a 500W motor. Apparently the fact the motor is on the head of the machine as opposed to the back makes it super strong (according to one salesperson)!?!?!?

The Titanium Chef has a 1400W motor and a load of attachments included, and is an all round bigger machine.

I am selling a Titanium on Adverts if you are interested

http://www.adverts.ie/small-kitchen-appliances/kenwood-chef-titanium-stand-mixer/6944382

• Registered Users Posts: 25 R1200RT

Probably won't thanks. Would prefer new for this kind of product.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

kMix are built for style, whereas the Chefs are workhorses. I got a gift of a kMix blender thing once and it's overly convoluted and awkward to use (but hey, it looks good!).

In contrast, I also have a Kenwood chef, which is straightforward and easy to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stoutykid

I have the kmix and I love it.... I use it every week at least but would say I am a light user. Have to agree with the others it was definitely designed in competition to the kitchen aid

• Advertisement
Advertisement