Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wednesday 25th

Options
  • 25-11-2014 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Munsarim - Ling - 12:00

- Back on his fav course, he's terrible running at kempton and I feel the trainer has used this to great advantage to bring mark down

- Runs best in blinkers, trainer seems to do well when switching headgear... but monitoring Lee Carter for a few months and often gets the best out of a horse when add or re-applying headgear which the horse has won in before. Munsarim is back in blinkers tomorrow, plus point

- Down to a very dangerous mark, I thought he was primed to win here a few months ago at a mark of 64, however he got blocked on the run in and stable mate (front runner) took the win

My only doubt now is the price, currently 7/2 which is way too long for me. Was hoping for double figures particularly with this horse going off at 25/1, 12/1, 33/1, 33/1 33/1, 14/1. Just noticed that Richard Young from Spotlight has tipped him on RP.... :(:(:(:(:(:(:( no wonder the price has taken a hit. GUTTED!!! I hoped it have got on him under the radar, but no chance now

At these prices, I'm not going to have a bet. Too dodgy down at class 6 and in a fairly big field; and it wouldnt surprise me if trainer instructed jockey to save the horse for another day ;) if ya know what I mean!

Oh well... lets see how he gets on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭oPATCHo

Maybe better off backing during in play, think he's won from midfield or behind before.... will have another watch of his previous wins to see whether this is the case

• Registered Users Posts: 16,401 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Worth keeping an eye on Trendsetter in the 2:25 - form reads very nicely, each time the horse has been stepped up over the flat, it has improved. The distance tomorrow should be no problem, only question is how well it takes to hurdling which it goes over for the first time tomorrow. As with a lot of John Butler runners, price will be indicative of its chance. When Butler has a decent jumps horse, you tend to see a bit of money for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

oPATCHo wrote: »
    Munsarim - Ling - 12:00

- Back on his fav course, he's terrible running at kempton and I feel the trainer has used this to great advantage to bring mark down

- Runs best in blinkers, trainer seems to do well when switching headgear... but monitoring Lee Carter for a few months and often gets the best out of a horse when add or re-applying headgear which the horse has won in before. Munsarim is back in blinkers tomorrow, plus point

- Down to a very dangerous mark, I thought he was primed to win here a few months ago at a mark of 64, however he got blocked on the run in and stable mate (front runner) took the win

My only doubt now is the price, currently 7/2 which is way too long for me. Was hoping for double figures particularly with this horse going off at 25/1, 12/1, 33/1, 33/1 33/1, 14/1. Just noticed that Richard Young from Spotlight has tipped him on RP.... :(:(:(:(:(:(:( no wonder the price has taken a hit. GUTTED!!! I hoped it have got on him under the radar, but no chance now

At these prices, I'm not going to have a bet. Too dodgy down at class 6 and in a fairly big field; and it wouldnt surprise me if trainer instructed jockey to save the horse for another day ;) if ya know what I mean!

Oh well... lets see how he gets on

A terrible run

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

3fullback wrote: »
    A terrible run

A superb contribution and analysis.

Worth keeping an eye on Trendsetter in the 2:25 - form reads very nicely, each time the horse has been stepped up over the flat, it has improved. The distance tomorrow should be no problem, only question is how well it takes to hurdling which it goes over for the first time tomorrow. As with a lot of John Butler runners, price will be indicative of its chance. When Butler has a decent jumps horse, you tend to see a bit of money for it.
    Placed in third. Nice introduction to hurdling, think this will be winning one at some point fairly soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

Anyone see that last race at Fontwell?

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pinesky

DylanAFC wrote: »
    Anyone see that last race at Fontwell?

you mean all 9 minutes 30 seconds ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Placed in third. Nice introduction to hurdling, think this will be winning one at some point fairly soon.

Fair play i got at 16/1 e/w he travelled better than anything up to the second last. I thought he looked the winner but made a mistake at the last, i only seen it on a stream so could be wrong but he will be winning soon.

3fullback wrote: »
    A terrible run

Re: Munsarim

I like this horse, as mentioned in my original post and think he is close to winning at big price.

I didn't have a bet on today, as I mentioned in my post, as I've become way too familiar with these class 6 rat races. I can't remember seeing this horse running from the first, it was a unusual ride from him

The horse will remain in my tracker. I wouldnt be surprised if Carter takes him back to Kempton to pick up another defeat and take his mark down another few pounds, then make a trip back to Lingfield as a outsider, and when he does I'll be on him

Re: Munsarim

The horse will remain in my tracker. I wouldnt be surprised if Carter takes him back to Kempton to pick up another defeat and take his mark down another few pounds, then make a trip back to Lingfield as a outsider, and when he does I'll be on him

... and look at that, I've just checked Racing Post and Munsarim has a entered at Kempton on the 1st December!

My prediction - the horse will run in cheekpieces, he will be a non-tryer, he will then return back to Lingfield in blinkers and win at double figures.

*hopefully I dont look like a fool in a few weeks time :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,747 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Rockview Emperor 8.00 Dundalk
    12-1 ew
    Decent draw here. Trying weekly to get a win here at Dundalk over this 1m trip ,never to far away. I fancy it to place here .

Rockview Emperor 8.00 Dundalk
    12-1 ew
    Decent draw here. Trying weekly to get a win here at Dundalk over this 1m trip ,never to far away. I fancy it to place here .

Slightly hampered and short of room, ducking n diving trying to get a run over last 1/2 f
    No place. Next time maybe .

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93133193&postcount=19
    Noverre Princess 16/1 in the next at Dundalk. Had been going nowhere up until very recently, but seemed to find something last time out. If it can replicate that form, it should do well again. Horse comes with a government health warning though, has been a big let down, so obvious choice is to take this one on e/w.
    Wrote that less than a week ago. I'm some fcukin' gobsh!te :rolleyes:

Johann Bach 11-1 ew 8.30
    Won a race like this 2 back. I think it will go close. Down 8 lbs from that victory

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93133193&postcount=19

Wrote that less than a week ago. I'm some fcukin' gobsh!te :rolleyes:

Unlucky,It's been coming,you were right !
    Will come for Rockview next week :)

Broadway Musical 14-1 ew
    Ran C&D last 3 times, went for the victory last time out but headed over 1F out.
    Nice weight advantage tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭bluestone

... and look at that, I've just checked Racing Post and Munsarim has a entered at Kempton on the 1st December!

My prediction - the horse will run in cheekpieces, he will be a non-tryer, he will then return back to Lingfield in blinkers and win at double figures.

*hopefully I dont look like a fool in a few weeks time :P

munsarim is declared today at lingfield 3.00

Was pulled from race at kempton 1-2 weeks back

Gone straight back to Lingfield.

Think he was 7/1 when markets opens last night, now going off fav on most sites.

Can't be backing it at these short prices. Again, wouldnt surprise me if he has another poor run, however the money has come in strong for him again today so someone fancies it

Funnily, I'm going to try and get it beat. 11/4 in a class 6 race.... 14 runners. No Thanks

FAIR RANGER @ 30's for me

• Advertisement

The yard will not let Munsarim win at single figures!

Too much attention placed on this horse over the last two trips at Lingfield, goes off favourite today and surprise surprise he has a poor start

The yard will sneak a win with this horse, and they'll do this when the horse goes off at a big price

Reckon Lee Carter has the winner of the 2:50 at Kempton today. Have Takeitfromalady at 7/1 and Munsarim at 14/1. Could not decide between either of these very well handicapped horses, so just backed them both.

Sorry, only just see this post - sorry if this looks like I'm after timing, however Munsarim is poor around Kempton. Another few pounds will be knocked off this horse... he's going to be down to such a dangerous mark (he was 2-3 races back) when he returns back to Lingfield in blinkers!

Advertisement