Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ComReg proposes SMP label for Eircom

Options
  • 08-03-2004 3:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

ComReg proposes SMP label for Eircom
    Monday, March 08 2004
    by Matthew Clark

With nearly 80 percent of the broadband market in its grasp, Eircom has been deemed as having Significant Market Power.

That was the proposal from Irish communications watchdog ComReg, which said in a consultation document on Friday that the former telecoms monopoly controlled some 79 percent of the Irish wholesale broadband market, if fixed-wireless and cable operators are included in the calculations. Excluding these types of players, Eircom has a full 99 percent of the market, the documents said.

"ComReg does not believe that any purchaser of wholesale broadband access has credible alternatives to Eircom. As such, ComReg does not believe that any purchaser has countervailing market power that would offset Eircom's overwhelming market power in these markets," the regulator said.

[...]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

This is the model of good team work. Well done lads you've proven to be the Starsky and Hutch of the Telecoms world. Team Eircom and Comreg - you know its right.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

i just had a vision of Tony O reilly as huggy bear

Thatll be with me all day

Sigh

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

I think Huggy Bear and all the pimp connotations goes to Dermot.

Advertisement