Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert at Home

Options
  • 04-09-2013 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have just started 5th year and for a little bit of last year and this year I was wondering if you could do the leaving cert in your own house without being homeschooled. For example go into school for normal classes and have the oral exams taken in the school but do the written exam at home. Would the irish board of education be willing to do this
    Somebody please let me know I would like to know.
    Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭yoho139

Why would you need to do that? No matter what, no, it's not likely they would.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,115 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's unlikely they would make an exam centre in a private house, unless you couldn't leave the room or something due to an extreme medical condition.

If you have some psychological condition where exam rooms with people in them make you anxious, you could try and get reasonable accommodation, but I don't think they'd listen if you are able to go to school.

Advertisement