Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New address- need to buy another dog licence?

Options
  • 27-08-2010 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Hi all. My dog's licence expires mid-November.
    We moved house a couple of months ago. Obviously, the address on the current licence is our old house, but presumably the licence is associated with the specific dog (and therefore comes with that dog as they move properties) and not any random dog at an address? :confused:

In the first few months of this year dog wardens came over to our (old) property twice to check licences (nothing specific to us, our house or our dog, it just seemed the local wardens were stepping up their frequency on routes).

But was just thinking about it - if a warden comes now to check the licence, is it going to be an issue that there's another address on the licence? I have no problem buying another one since they're so cheap (probably much less hassle than getting addresses changed on the current one). :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

No, as you said, the licence is for the dog and is valid for a year so once you have to renew just put the new address on it then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

I actually don't know, because the licences seem to be issued by each county, rather than a national one. Have you moved counties? I can't see why you would have to, but when I adopted our dog Max from Louth pound, the adoption fee included a licence, but they said we might have to get him another one as we lived in Sligo:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

ISDW wrote: »
    I actually don't know, because the licences seem to be issued by each county, rather than a national one. Have you moved counties? I can't see why you would have to, but when I adopted our dog Max from Louth pound, the adoption fee included a licence, but they said we might have to get him another one as we lived in Sligo:confused:

Really? I have gotten the licence for Tilly in Mayo both years and I live in Galway. I am in Mayo at the weekends and never get a chance to go to the PO during the week.

We got Ozzie from Ashton and bought the licence from them when we got him.

We have never been asked to produce either licence.

EDIT: I'll ask our postie tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭variety

ISDW wrote: »
    Have you moved counties?

No, same county.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

TillyGirl wrote: »
    Really? I have gotten the licence for Tilly in Mayo both years and I live in Galway. I am in Mayo at the weekends and never get a chance to go to the PO during the week.

We got Ozzie from Ashton and bought the licence from them when we got him.

We have never been asked to produce either licence.

EDIT: I'll ask our postie tomorrow!

I'd never heard it before, but it was what the pound said to us. I've never been asked to produce any of the licences, so I've never found out, and now I have a general licence anyway, as we have so many dogs here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement