Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One4All vouchers

Options
  • 07-12-2012 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the place to post for this so feel free to move mods if needs be.

Basically we get a bonus from work every year coming up to Xmas in the form of a One4All gift voucher. The last couple of years I've used it to get a virtual visa and do my Xmas shopping with but this year its a bit too close for comfort for delivery times so I was wondering, is there any way that you could manage to change the voucher for cash via the virtual visa? Or possibly PayPal or something? Because other than changing it over to the visa, I'd have bugger all use for the voucher.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Would you not just go to the shops to do your xmas shopping with it there?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Not sure if this is the place to post for this so feel free to move mods if needs be.

Basically we get a bonus from work every year coming up to Xmas in the form of a One4All gift voucher. The last couple of years I've used it to get a virtual visa and do my Xmas shopping with but this year its a bit too close for comfort for delivery times so I was wondering, is there any way that you could manage to change the voucher for cash via the virtual visa? Or possibly PayPal or something? Because other than changing it over to the visa, I'd have bugger all use for the voucher.

Argos take them, if you have one nearby, as do some Supermarkets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

bluewolf wrote: »
    Would you not just go to the shops to do your xmas shopping with it there?

The shops are pretty limited in terms of who will take the vouchers AFAIK.

Although the Argos suggestion above isn't a bad shout.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

You can exchange them for cash for a ~€8 fee. Read the t&c's and let us know what it states.

snubbleste wrote: »
    You can exchange them for cash for a ~€8 fee. Read the t&c's and let us know what it states.

I don't believe you're able to change them for cash, at all, to be honest.

• Advertisement

I was thinking something along the lines of buying a virtual visa for the amount. Then load the cash from that virtual visa into the Paypal account (don't know if that's possible) and then transfer to bank account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

both M&S and Superquinn take them according to the one4all website, you could do your Xmas food shop in one of those?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

The shops are pretty limited in terms of who will take the vouchers AFAIK.

Although the Argos suggestion above isn't a bad shout.

The shops are pretty extensive IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

I was thinking something along the lines of buying a virtual visa for the amount. Then load the cash from that virtual visa into the Paypal account (don't know if that's possible) and then transfer to bank account.

You can attach a virtual visa to your paypal a/c and spend it through that, but you can't add funds to a paypal account using a credit card.

Keep it for the post-Christmas sales, maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

How much are you talking about ? I see people in the same boat selling them on adverts.ie

• Advertisement

How much are you talking about ? I see people in the same boat selling them on adverts.ie

It'll be €250 more than likely.

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

snubbleste wrote: »

This is correct; from their T&Cs page, section 9
    One4All wrote:
    9. REDEMPTION

9.1 You may at any time request us to repay to you any balance on the Card by calling Gift Voucher Shop on (01) 8708111 and quoting the Card number. You must not use your Card after you ask us to repay the balance to you. In order to allow any outstanding Card Purchases to clear, Gift Voucher Shop will refund the balance to you, via cash, cheque or a bank draft, less any applicable fees (see Clause 5), within fifteen Business Days of receipt of such a request

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

So, if the OP had read the t&c's of the product, he'd have his answer and would not have to post here at all at all at all ?

Advertisement