Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plasma TVs on wall over fireplace?

Options
  • 15-09-2011 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭

hi folks,
    I will be looking to buy a new TV, a large-ish one, which might point to a Plasma TV, but I have heard that due the gassess in the TV that placeing it on the wall over a fireplace is not a good idea, which means, if its true, that I should only be looking at LCD/LED TVs, is this correct, or a myth?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Goose81

banjobongo wrote: »
    hi folks,
    I will be looking to buy a new TV, a large-ish one, which might point to a Plasma TV, but I have heard that due the gassess in the TV that placeing it on the wall over a fireplace is not a good idea, which means, if its true, that I should only be looking at LCD/LED TVs, is this correct, or a myth?

Putting a tv over a fireplace is never going to be good for it.If you do it make sure its far up and there is a mantelpiece below it. I think you are correct about plasmas being more affected by heat though.

I put an lcd over my fireplace but have never lit the fire in the 4 years since then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

I have an LCD tv wallmounted over a fireplace but the important difference is I never actually use the fire itself. I don't think I'd have put it there if I had intentions to use the fire in the future. Doubly so for a plasma.

Advertisement