Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Diesel Skoda Fabia 1.4

Options
  • 02-09-2008 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

I've been searching for the right Fabia for under 4,000 for a few weeks now.
    For the first time I've noticed a 1.4 Diesel for sale (2000 reg). Its in good condition with 67,000 miles on the clock and costs 2,750. The condition, spec and price are ideal for me - but I'm not sure about a diesel.

Does anyone have any opinions on this particular diesel engine?
    I'll only do 10,000 miles a year, so considering the initial price saving, is it worth my while, or should I avoid the temptation of the cheaper car?

I don't want ot start a petrol v diesel thread, just interested in this particular case.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

If you are referring to this car, well it's not a diesel, it's petrol (proof)

The 1.4TDI was not launched in the Fabia until July 2003.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Mr.David

fletch wrote: »
    If you are referring to this car, well it's not a diesel, it's petrol (proof)

The 1.4TDI was not launched in the Fabia until July 2003.

Beaten to it!! Ya it cannot be diesel. If its petrol, make sure to get the 16v as the 8v is a heap!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

Mr.David wrote: »
    Beaten to it!! Ya it cannot be diesel. If its petrol, make sure to get the 16v as the 8v is a heap!
    Yeh the car linked is the 1.4MPI and the engine is a heap by all accounts and drinks fuel. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭sleepyholland

Much appreciated fellas.
    I wondered why I couldn't get a quick online insurance quote for a 2000 1.4 diesel.

Back to the dreawing board.

Advertisement