Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gift for Girlfriends kid's 1st Bday

Options
  • 12-06-2014 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi,

This is very much new territory for me, I've been looking for a thoughtful gift for my girlfriend of a few months' baby.

He is one this weekend and i've been wracking my brain to think of something.

Obviously I don't want to show up his dad in any form, or unexpectedly show up with a hamper of toys. I'd just like some ideas that his family would see as not over the top and but without seeming I put in no effort.

Genuinely want to make a nice impression.

thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭BQQ

I suppose a dress/top from a nice shop would do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭grateface

Present's for the kid. Little fella is one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,115 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

A few Prize Bonds and some summer clothes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭BQQ

grateface wrote: »
    Present's for the kid. Little fella is one.

Yes, I know.

I was suggesting you buy him clothes.
    The dress part was because I wasn't sure if boy or girl

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Frame a nice photo of your girlfriend with her baby? Or you could do a collage of photos of the two of them.

The baby would appreciate something a bit more fun though I'd say. Set your budget and head into a toy shop, something to encourage walking if he's not walking yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

tiny football

• Registered Users Posts: 2 McAwesome90

You could get him a trike or a ride on, they are not overly expensive

Advertisement