Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What makes a good Petrol Station ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭Plopli

fuel price

And even maybe location before price.
    no interest in anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Esso 'On The Run' and most Topaz have toilets. Indoors at that.

Others do, they're just very well hidden.

Or in some cases, best described as an outhouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭enricoh

Staff that like their job n are friendly.
    Fridge that has cold drinks, milk etc- not 1 degree below room temp.
    Same for ice pops etc
    Sells coal, sticks, logs etc
    Once fuel is within 2cent I wont bother driving anywhere to save 80cent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Credit card pumps for those who just want to fuel up and go without having to queue for a till or be subject to staff trying to upsell Mars bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Long reach/extending fuel hoses so if the only free pump is on the wrong side for your fuel cap, you don't have to park in *exactly* the right place for it to reach around.

And a sign reminding people that they don't have to wait for a pump on the same side as their fuel cap. Drove around a queue of these slack-jawed numpties the other day.

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Staff with manners. I have worked retail and saying please and thanks is a bit of chore, you do it without realising eventually. But when you go into a petrol station and the member of staff goes "pump 2, 50.02". It doesnt kill the member of staff to say "hi, pump 2 is it? 50.02 when you are ready please."

We are Irish, even if they are sincere. We still expect please and thank you. And most staff struggle with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,929 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Long reach/extending fuel hoses so if the only free pump is on the wrong side for your fuel cap, you don't have to park in *exactly* the right place for it to reach around.

And a sign reminding people that they don't have to wait for a pump on the same side as their fuel cap. Drove around a queue of these slack-jawed numpties the other day.

You just answered your own point there I think :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭P_Cash

spar-express

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Spike Witwicky

Actually this really bugs me too. A queue stretching out onto the road cos they want to get the next free pump. :confused:

Tesco Clare Hall and Applegreen Malahide Rd are prime examples

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    You just answered your own point there I think :)

Point being, it's nearly always possible to reach the hose around, but could be made easier.

If every station had long hoses drivers would know they can use the pump either side, which would reduce these unnecessary queues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭P_Cash

Actually this really bugs me too. A queue stretching out onto the road cos they want to get the next free pump. :confused:

lol. . i do this,

but only at a pump that has a fixed hose, . . why ? some idiot didnt install it long enough. . and 1ft too short for me and my mondeo.

if i ever have to drag the hose at the back of the car, i try my best to not let it hit the car . . and it would scratch/dirt in to it its so heavy. . .

but ya, the retractable pumps are no problem. .

now, dont get me wrong. . some people dont give 2 fs about there car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭hognef

Card payment at the pump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

- Good pump orientation to the way in and out. Most petrol stations are fine, an example of a bad one is Maxol Harold's Cross.

- Helpful and friendly staff, people who are interested!

- Good parking away from the pumps

- Clean shop and toilet

- Little things like cheap or free coffee on things like bank holiday weekends

- Properly functioning and easily accessible air water and hoover

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Spike Witwicky

P_Cash wrote: »
    lol. . i do this,

but only at a pump that has a fixed hose, . . why ? some idiot didnt install it long enough. . and 1ft too short for me and my mondeo.

if i ever have to drag the hose at the back of the car, i try my best to not let it hit the car . . and it would scratch/dirt in to it its so heavy. . .

but ya, the retractable pumps are no problem. .

now, dont get me wrong. . some people dont give 2 fs about there car.

I can understand where you're coming from but is it not easier to drive in and queue at the pump you need rather than queue out in the road?

Or is it just these two stations? Admittedly i dont know of any others like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭omicron

-Space to park.
    -Reasonable fuel price (within 2/3c of those near you - if you're in a topaz dominated area that shouldn't be hard!).
    -Free air/water (only when you buy something - nothing worse than spending €60 on petrol and a few euro on coffee etc and then having to pay to top up the tyres on top of it)
    -Good coffee (doesn't have to be too cheap if it's nice!)
    -Some sort of food that isn't chocolate or crisps when the deli has closed - fruit or something, pre pack sandwiches.
    -Reasonably priced bottled water - some places will only have 500ml for €1.80 or so.
    -24hr prepay pumps if you can manage it.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

Everything so far on the thread.
    My ones would be..the pumps are far enough apart so when someone is already filling up petrol,there car isn't covering another pump,so at least you don't have to wait for them to go in and pay and return out before you can pull in to fill up yourself.Too many garages have pumps too close together.
    My other one would be a separate counter for services like deli and general shopping with one assistant to make deli stuff and one for serving the till and a separate counter section just purely for petrol payments.. Nothing more I hate when I've put a splash of petrol in and I have to wait for someone who is buying the weekly shop or who is undecided what they want on a sandwich and I have a twenty in my hand waiting to pay. I just wanna fill,pay n go.
    Maybe op will end up with the best petrol station in ireland with all these good ideas.

And a pump where it's easier to get the amount bang on. Topaz pumps are so tight I have yet to not go over by the one cent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

Free air and water.
    Gloves and/or paper towels.
    Clean pumps regularly.
    Someone on the forecourt is a nice touch.
    Some kind of window washing facilities, either self service with clean water/scrubber or an employee.

The best station I ever visited had all of the above and had a young lad checking tyre pressures with a portable gauge and washing windscreens (properly) for 50 cent. Nice touches like that make me come back.

Fuel brand is very important too, Texaco Maxol or Esso for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 paulfosters

i spend a lot of time on the road and petrol stations are a very important amenity to me.
    i will not use one where you have to ask cashier for the toilet key. its bad enough bursting to use it and having to queue to ask then to think of how hygienic the key is. cant imagine what it must be like for the cashier to handle all day !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

hognef wrote: »
    Card payment at the pump.

WORKING card payment at the pump and also clips to keep it pimping till it's brimmed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

New Zealand-style Steak & Cheese pies.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

I can't believe anybody has not said it but free wifi is a massive bonus and I would go to a station that had this over one that did not and as a way of payback I am much more likely to grab a coffee and a pastry and catch up on mails or browse the web.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,600 ✭✭✭Damien360

Clean pumps with all working plus clean premises with food. Does not need to be hot food but a decent deli. If the pumps are not clean then the shop is not clean and the food is to be avoided.

Parking is important for those just getting food. I am on the road every day all over the country and garage sandwich is my daily lunch.

There is one in Dungarvan that I avoid purely because if you drive in, you may not get out.

Enforcing no parking at the pump is a must. Even a large sign will suffice and gently telling the few clowns who ignore it. Topaz in castlebar is a no go because everyone parks at the pumps to do shopping despite loads of parking. That seems to be a problem with all the really big shops with petrol pumps. They have an attendant for older customers (which is rare) but he is fighting a loosing battle with the Parkers at the pumps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Thank you everyone

Really good points here that we 'in the business' wouldn't have thought of

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

Ah lads, stop! Don't yiz know that when your car is abandoned at the pump while yizzar doing your weekly shop and waiting for the barista to dispense brown, lukewarm fluid into a cardboard cup at the petrol station, there are probably several thousand cars waiting to get to the pump that your car is blocking?

And is there anything as annoying as waiting to get to a pump (because some multitasker is parked at the pump, has lost her keys in a trendy but cavernous handbag and has to chat on the phone and apply make-up before moving off, all with one hand because the other is holding the aforementioned cardboard cup) and then, finally reaching the pump, only to find a small, hand-written and usually soggy sign on the pump advising that the fuel you want from that pump is not available?

Of course, if yiz drive in, park away from the pumps, buy your groceries, toiletries, etc. and then drive to the pump for fuel, fair enough!

Mr. Garage Owner, fair dues to you for asking the questions - I wish you success - but your first priority should be your fuel customers. If there are queues of cars waiting to get to your pumps, (because of grocery shoppers, magazine browsers, people walking from the knees down to your toilets or Gorthee designing and supervising the creation of breakfast rolls), YOU are failing your customers as badly as the supermarkets and banks which do nothing to prevent or reduce queues at their checkouts or desks.

You won't hear me say this often but.......when it comes to queues of customers, the Yanks have the right idea, i.e.: "if y'all don't fix that, y'all's business is toast".

Mind you, the same Yanks have made a right mess of actually paying for fuel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,600 ✭✭✭Damien360

TCP/IP wrote: »
    I can't believe anybody has not said it but free wifi is a massive bonus and I would go to a station that had this over one that did not and as a way of payback I am much more likely to grab a coffee and a pastry and catch up on mails or browse the web.

I would have thought most have a data plan and would not bother with wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 paulfosters

BrensBenz wrote: »
    Ah lads, stop! Don't yiz know that when your car is abandoned at the pump while yizzar doing your weekly shop and waiting for the barista to dispense brown, lukewarm fluid into a cardboard cup at the petrol station, there are probably several thousand cars waiting to get to the pump that your car is blocking?

And is there anything as annoying as waiting to get to a pump (because some multitasker is parked at the pump, has lost her keys in a trendy but cavernous handbag and has to chat on the phone and apply make-up before moving off, all with one hand because the other is holding the aforementioned cardboard cup) and then, finally reaching the pump, only to find a small, hand-written and usually soggy sign on the pump advising that the fuel you want from that pump is not available?

Of course, if yiz drive in, park away from the pumps, buy your groceries, toiletries, etc. and then drive to the pump for fuel, fair enough!

Mr. Garage Owner, fair dues to you for asking the questions - I wish you success - but your first priority should be your fuel customers. If there are queues of cars waiting to get to your pumps, (because of grocery shoppers, magazine browsers, people walking from the knees down to your toilets or Gorthee designing and supervising the creation of breakfast rolls), YOU are failing your customers as badly as the supermarkets and banks which do nothing to prevent or reduce queues at their checkouts or desks.

You won't hear me say this often but.......when it comes to queues of customers, the Yanks have the right idea, i.e.: "if y'all don't fix that, y'all's business is toast".

Mind you, the same Yanks have made a right mess of actually paying for fuel!
    any one hoping to be succesful in business know that depending on profit from fuel is asleep. the profit is from whatever else the customer is buying !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

TCP/IP wrote: »

I would imagine the reason no one mentioned wifi is because virtually everyone has some kind of data plan. Wifi is only of real benefit to people from outside the state with no network data connection. Therefore I can't see any repeat business potential.

A petrol station is also typically located in a built up area, network security would be an issue. A petrol station certainly isn't the first place i'd think of if I badly needed an internet connection, I don't think they're missing out by not having one.

any one hoping to be succesful in business know that depending on profit from fuel is asleep. the profit is from whatever else the customer is buying !

Agreed, but not really the point! Many people treat the space next to the pump as their private and free long term car park. There should be enough parking space available and enough common courtesy displayed so that customers pulling into a "petrol" station to buy "petrol" only should not be made to wait for a pump (or drive off in search of another petrol station) because someone has abandoned their car at the pumps and is inside, dawdling over which filling to have in a sandwich.

Many pumps now accept credit or debit cards, obviating the need to go to the counter to pay for the fuel. Many people use this facility but STILL block the pump while they go inside on a shopping expedition! I really don't understand this habit, particularly if / when alternative parking space is available.

The way to maximise profit is to "process" all customers as efficiently as possible, regardless of profit scale. Fuel companies have been quite active is this respect. So, at the risk of being repetitive: ensure adequate parking for "shoppers" and, dear shoppers, use it!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭cabledude

A petrol station is also typically located in a built up area, network security would be an issue. A petrol station certainly isn't the first place i'd think of if I badly needed an internet connection, I don't think they're missing out by not having one.
    Hotel car parks are your only man for Wifi,

• Advertisement

BrensBenz wrote: »
    Agreed, but not really the point! Many people treat the space next to the pump as their private and free long term car park. There should be enough parking space available and enough common courtesy displayed so that customers pulling into a "petrol" station to buy "petrol" only should not be made to wait for a pump (or drive off in search of another petrol station) because someone has abandoned their car at the pumps and is inside, dawdling over which filling to have in a sandwich.

Many pumps now accept credit or debit cards, obviating the need to go to the counter to pay for the fuel. Many people use this facility but STILL block the pump while they go inside on a shopping expedition! I really don't understand this habit, particularly if / when alternative parking space is available.

The way to maximise profit is to "process" all customers as efficiently as possible, regardless of profit scale. Fuel companies have been quite active is this respect. So, at the risk of being repetitive: ensure adequate parking for "shoppers" and, dear shoppers, use it!
    Because, people living in their own little bubble, don't give a flying funk about anyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

There might be very little margin on fuel but you still need to get the customers in to buy all the other crap you're hawking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

For me the staff is the priority - friendly, obliging staff. If I go into a petrol station and the staff are no ways courteous or polite, then I will take my custom elsewhere. If it's that much of a problem to be nice and show a smile, then you don't deserve my custom.

Oh I think someone already mentioned this but, say you accidentally put in €50.03 of diesel in, don't dare charge a customer the extra 3 cents. Makes me so mad, and shows how tight the petrol station is! Very bad practice.

cabledude wrote: »
    Because, people living in their own little bubble, don't give a flying funk about anyone else.

Oh, how right you are!

As for wi-fi, why not have spa treatments, tattoo parlours, dog groomers, cinema and dentists at your local Texaco too?

OP, I'm available for consultancy. Feel free to PM me for yet more ways to diversify.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 ezopsae

Healthy snacks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭toyotaavensis

Hi OP,
    I have some suggestions about the pros and cons for a good petrol station.
    * the place should be clean. Nothing worse than lumps of dirty dusty ****e everywhere.
    * always have paper towels and rubber gloves at each pump.
    * quality of petrol. I use topaz exclusively as I find it good.
    * I am very picky about pumping my tyres and topping up with screenwash everytime i fill up. A decent hose with decent water pressure helps here. Also there are no end of tyre pumps around the place which are wrecked. This is a big no no for me.
    * Staff being sound is a big plus.
    * Was in a station in Cork recently. A womans battery was dead when she went back to the car. The lad behind the counter brought out a power pack and got her going. Might be worth investing
    * In the shop you should have appropriate stock of oils etc. I was in a fuel station (only getting a cup of tea) where the only oil they sold was automatic transmission fluid and 15w40, which isnt good enough to my mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

One thing I'd like is to be able to just pay at the outside window during the day. Though I know petrol stations will never let that happen as they want you to walk through the shop and buy something but for me I just wanna pay for my petrol and get out of there ASAP. I generally never buy anything in petrol stations as I find them too pricey so only do it when I'm stuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

endacl wrote: »
    Actually.... An Addendum.

A giant magnet over the forecourt to remove the cars of idiots who block the pumps by 'just popping in to wait in a queue for somebody to make me a sandwich', but who aren't actually filling up.

A long standing fantasy of mine is the guy behind the counter telling one of these dopes to **** off and move their car from the pumps before he serves them.
    kbell wrote: »
    Handle click-on on diesel pumps to work!
    Absolute pain trying to fill a large tanked commercial.

My petrol cap fits nicely into the gap on the handle to hold it open but I also have a pin on my keyring that slots into the holes on the handle and keeps the pump open. (the pin I have is off a fire extinguisher.....but I didn't tell you that!!)

Oh I think someone already mentioned this but, say you accidentally put in €50.03 of diesel in, don't dare charge a customer the extra 3 cents. Makes me so mad, and shows how tight the petrol station is! Very bad practice.

1 cent bad, 2 cent not great, 3 cent and the customer is starting to take the proverbial. The margins on fuel are tiny and if every customer were to do this they wouldn't be long losing a stack of money. The cure?? Upping the price of fuel to compensate for the loss.

Personally, the first thing I want is clean (esp the pumps/handles), with a neat and tidy forecourt. Next is a close to standard price followed by friendly and efficient staff that preferably have some local knowledge.

Space can be at a premium on some sites so it's hard to dictate from that point of view but parking at pumps without getting fuel has to be a big no no.
    As far as I know most pumps won't operate again until the last sale has been cleared so I don't have a problem with people going in to pay before moving away from the pump, as long as they're not having their dinner while they're in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

It has been mentioned a lot but good coffee is a big thing, Applegreen on the Naas road have decided they have "the best coffee on the road" it's horrible bitter crap and it's really expensive, I think €2.60 for a medium, I was in Dungarvan earlier that day and got a great coffee for €1.60!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Hi Garage owner ! Great to see you looking for feedback like this !

The most important thing for me is fuel quality. I cannot stress it enough to be honest, at the moment i use Maxol as their fuel seems to be better than the rest, the likes of applegreen i avoid 100% aswell as back arse garages with no names or proper pumps etc.

the fuel quality is so important to me that i dont mind to pay the odd cent extra. the esso closet to me is very competitively priced but i still go further to a regular maxol station i use which usually ends up being the same price and the difference in fuel in unbeatable.

now, ideally I would really like a BP fuel station. The best diesel i've ever gotten was in London, BP clean Diesel. I didn't even get the other BP Ultimate diesel, just the regular and I cant beat it in this country, best fill up so far.

Also Petrol, Super unleaded. Why is this not here ? I actually know of one person living in the republic from another forum who can only use super unleaded in their car and have to north everytime just to get 97 ron... even though it would be better if they could get more like 99ron or higher. why is this not possible ?

thats my number one anyway,

after that all i want is a well lit garage, tissue for spills (not only fuel related) and a bin to quickly throw rubbish into while at the pump.

i dont mind the deposit system for air and water.

Good coffee is always a plus !

If you accept cards behind the till and offer cash back then i dont need an atm.

I dont care too much for Deli, Im not homer Simpson , one for me and one for my car.

If you dont charge an arm for a bottle of coke that would be nice. (regular shop is about 1.50 these days so i dont see why petrol stations should be 1.80)

friendly staff is nice, i've often visited one particular esso with different cars to chat to a lovely young polish bird :D

and just stock things like oil and coolant for emergencies !

Are we allowed to know which garage this is by the way and where ? which brand ?

also, im buying fuel, i dont want mars bars shoved down my throat thanks !

also last one, automatic pumps, squeeze , click and pump does the rest ? have yet to see one working in this country :(

Cheers OP !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

1. Fuel quality.
    2. Nice staff who are willing to chat with you!
    3. Some sort of a reward for a regular customer (card perhaps) like a free coffee or toffee crisp.
    4. Clean forecourt
    5. Air and Water facilities
    6. TOILETS
    7. Parking Spaces so you don't block the pumps when popping in for a coffee.
    8. Don't charge 3.80 for a 355ml can of Red Bull.

1 = most important
    8 = least important

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

I'm a big fan of the ones that sell petrol. But in all seriousness, I think the petrol stations that charge extortionate prices for every day items are crazy. Most petrol stations in my area seem to charge €3+ for a 2 liter of coke. And due to this, I refuse to ever buy anything from them. There's one that sells everything at slightly marked up shop prices, for instance, a bottle of coke in a Centra is 2.29, and in this garage it's 2.65. I expect a slight mark up like that, and at 12 at night I'm totally willing to pay that. And this petrol station has gotten a lot of my business over the years, and undoubtedly a lot of other people's business in the area. I'm not a business man, but I feel if petrol stations sell their items at more acceptable prices, they'll sell more and turn more of a profit, as I'd never even think of buying most items from most petrol stations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭ryan101

Use of a free air compressor for inflating tyres, with a working accurate air pressure gauge on it, and free water.
    So many garages make you pay for air or have broken gauges so you can't check your tyres properly.
    I never go back to them, and I only use stations that provide decent faculties.
    Clean toilets is the other must have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Cheap fuel
    Clean diesel pump. I cant tell you how much this bugs me
    ATM
    Lifetime bans for old dears who only start to rummage in the handbag for their purse when they get to the front of the queue and then start to count out coppers :mad:

• Advertisement

oldyouth wrote: »
    Cheap fuel
    Clean diesel pump. I cant tell you how much this bugs me
    ATM
    Lifetime bans for old dears who only start to rummage in the handbag for their purse when they get to the front of the queue and then start to count out coppers :mad:
    There is another thread on here at the moment discussing people driving slowly on the white line and holding half the country up.

Counting coppers is just about as bad. Save the coppers, bring them to one of those exchange machines and get real money for them. You know, money made out of paper. Simples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

Sausage rolls.

also last one, automatic pumps, squeeze , click and pump does the rest ? have yet to see one working in this country :(

Cheers OP !

Gleesons in Cahir have theirs working. You should stop in if you're passing.

They used to be ubiquitous, there must be a reason that this functionality was disabled at most filling stations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

I like the new Costa express coffee's, generally coffee is like dishwater but the Costa coffee from the machine is actually quite good. other than that i like good quality fuel regardless of price and gloves to dispense the fuel. Therefore i shop at topaz for fuel and sometimes Esso for the coffee, i have a box of latex gloves in the car, handy if u get a flat wheel or need to pump tyre's, fill washer etc
    Also a petrol station that is properly covered over so you dont get wet whilst its raining, some places barely cover the pumps themselves so on a wet day its very disagreeable if you want to fill up from nearly empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

ba_barabus wrote: »
    WORKING card payment at the pump and also clips to keep it pimping till it's brimmed

+1
    But pay at the pump - not prepay - so you can fill up to the brim rather than having to pick an amount first.

There is a station in newbridge where I refuse to go to as it is prepay only. Not that they give a flying fcuk what I do I suppose but I couldnt pay for something that I don't want!

• Advertisement
Advertisement