Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starwars: Galaxies Irish community

Options
  • 21-03-2003 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

ok, just want to let everyone know about my (and a few guys) little endevour to get a sw:g irish community up and going. with the beta3 release coming closer and closer its about time people started getting together and planning for the future (imo).
    So, for the first move in hopefully many, we are trying to get an irc channel up and running on quakenet at #swg.ie
    all are welcome (but please, no muppets :))

i look forward to meet all these budding sw:g fans in the near future :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

I'll already got one going...look back over the threads if you want, There's a good response on the forums for a swgalaxies guild, but I've only got about 6 idlers in #swgalaxies on qnet.. hopefully I'll get some more soon, my site www.swgalaxiesonline.com is getting a good few hundred hits.. once SOE decided to bloody launch the game (more and more delays), I'll be dedicating muppet.swgalaxiesonline.com to the boards.ie swgalaxies clan, let me know if you want to join the roster for it too

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Star Wars: Galaxies - delayed
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/t87322.html

star wars galaxies; clan boards.ie role call
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/t83336.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

a bunch of us dnc heads are going to be getting together to try and take over the star wars galaxies world. Assuming it get released in the next year.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

When you said you wanted to take over the world, did you not mean the real world???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Originally posted by meglome
    a bunch of us dnc heads are going to be getting together to try and take over the star wars galaxies world. Assuming it get released in the next year.

indeed I did, but you have to start somewhere

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

Being honest, ive noticed alot of the boards people get bored quite quickly, give up and stop playing. These boards.ie associations don't seem to last. I might be inclinded to join something a tad more stable.

Told you i was being honest :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

hey,its delayed, but 50,000 people are getting left on beta3... everybodies in with a chance..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

It seems more and more things are going wrong with it I just hope it all works out and ends up being as good as anticipated. Mind you with the removal of so many of the factors that put it ahead of all other rpgs it has now fallen back to earth and is kinda levelling out with them so I'm doubtful but hopeful about the whole thing. :)

Ry

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by vac
    Being honest, ive noticed alot of the boards people get bored quite quickly, give up and stop playing. These boards.ie associations don't seem to last. I might be inclinded to join something a tad more stable.

Told you i was being honest :P
    Thats happens in all games with everyone, at the start theres a huge rush of players, servers constantly full and every1 dieing to get on, then it dies down. It happened in DaoC, especialy on the PvP server, couldnt get on for days at the start, now iit only has 300-400 people on it most of the time, its actually the least popular server now. So with any pre made guild you will be huge early on in the games stages but then die out as people know what the game is like, and so many folk will leave.

Advertisement