Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy 8 Disc 4

Options
  • 25-03-2003 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Does anyone have a copy of Final Fantasy 8 Disc 4?

My copy is now scratched to bits and will not read at all! :mad:

This is extremely annoying as I am nearly at the end of the game and need that damn disc to complete it!!!

PLEASE HELP ME!

/Kone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

BTW It's the PC version :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

get cd wipes or do a home job with cotton wool and whitespirits appearently scratches do not do anything to cds that stops them from working...its the dirt that gets caught in the scratch that does all the damage, so if you remove the dirt you remove the problem..........cds should be wiped from the inside circle outwards till the edge in a straight line

Thanx for the suggestion but I've been there and done that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

All the extra stuff is on Disc 3, just hang about there forever... or at least until your characters reach Level 99, I found Ultimecia to be quite difficult even at that (because your party is randomly chosen for the final encounter). The ending FMV is good though.

A

What are ya talking bout asuka??? She was the easiest boss EVAR! This is what I did:
    "Cast aura, use limit breaks, Ultimecia dies, job done! (btw thats if bothered to be nice to all of your characters except quistis coz she was a knob :p)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

If your CD has scratches on it put it in the freezer for about 2 or 3 minutes then run in and stick it in the drive .

It will work fine.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Ahh Asuka, if you found Ultemecia hard then I'll assume you found the Omega weapon nearly impossible if you could even defeat it.

Most satisfying victory EVAR!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Ahh Asuka, if you found Ultemecia hard then I'll assume you found the Omega weapon nearly impossible if you could even defeat it.

now he was an utter ****, i never managed to beat him. but ff8 is on my list to play again and he will fall this time.

So could someone maybe burn me a copy of Disc 4?

Please?

I'll make it worth your while.............. ;)

FF8 didnt hold me long enough to beat Omega Weapon (the only boss in the entire Final Fantasy series I have not beaten!), but I found Ultimecia difficult because the random aspect of the final encounter -- I had 3 good characters and their ultimate weapons etc, but the rest were stuck on Level 18 or some such rubbish. Also, Ultimecia had a nasty habit of killing your characters altogether. I thought she was hard as an end boss more because of unpredictability rather than overall strength.

Having said that I completed the game 4 or 5 times just to see the closing FMV again.

A

• Advertisement

Originally posted by KdjaC
    If your CD has scratches on it put it in the freezer for about 2 or 3 minutes then run in and stick it in the drive .

It will work fine.

kdjac

seriously it works.
    Could go all techy and explain how the aluminium expands and fills in the scratches in the polycarbonate but you dont want to hear that :)

kdjac

Hey KdjaC, I tried the freezer solution with no luck,

I had previously copied all the files from FF8 Disc 4 except disk4.pak.

I am lost!

Please somebody help me!

:(

/Kone

What connnection are you on???*

*Ummmmm

Originally posted by Asuka
    I had 3 good characters and their ultimate weapons etc, but the rest were stuck on Level 18 or some such rubbish. Also,

Didnt the game switch your characters around for different missions so you could level them higher then that.

I'm on a 56k dial up Sangre :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

That's the worst FF game ever just play another one (7, 9, 10.) that game was to focused on graphics and not enough an story or same play forget about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

FF 8 didn't hold my attention long enough to build up for omega weapon either my heart just wasn't it, not like the emerald weapon in FF7,

Kone could you not pick that game up dirt cheap somewhere now, second hand even?

hmm i just remembered i think i know someone who does have it, i'll mail him for you see what i can do, no promises though.

Data

I'd have to say that I couldn't have been arséd beating the omega weapon as it appeal to me as much as the FF7 weapons did. Ahhhh I can still remeber beating the plop outa the Ruby weapon :D.

That said FF8 was a great game. Much prefered it to FF9.

FF7 kicked ass,

FF8 is pretty cool too though,

I haven't had the pleasure of playing FF9 yet

Originally posted by Sangre
    Didnt the game switch your characters around for different missions so you could level them higher then that.
    Sort of. It did up to a certain point, but past that (and for the most part before that also) you had a free reign on who you chose. And, as in every Final Fantasy before 10, people simply chose the 2 characters they liked the most* and went with them. For me it was Squall, Zell and Rinoa.

*Although in Final 7 I just chose the characters the first time based on me realising when I acquired Cid that I had a load of characters Id never even tried, so I switched in Cid for Red XIII (which left me with the best 3 characters, completely by accident - Cloud, Barrett and Cid).

A

• Advertisement

hmm my prefarred combination for ff VII was barret, cloud and red XIII

Kone theoretically somebody will be dropping FF VIII into work on my on saturday don't get your hopes up though just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by Kone
    Hey KdjaC, I tried the freezer solution with no luck,

I had previously copied all the files from FF8 Disc 4 except disk4.pak.

I am lost!

Please somebody help me!

:(

/Kone

Kone, stop asking for somebody to copy you a disc. You know the rules about this. No piracy. Even if you do own it.

Freezer thing always works no matter how badly damaged the Cd is :confused:

It expands inner aluminium and the poly so the 1st reads will come up good on a drive :confused:

kdjac

KdjaC - I don't know I am stumped too :mad:

Amp - I apologise, In my quest to finish the game I lost sight of the rules, please forgive me.

/K

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,863 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I found FF8 to be the worst game of the final fantasy series. I hated all the characters since they all acted gay except quistis who was forgotten after the first hour. The story was so weak ( OH we completely forgot we know each other because of the GF's!). Hated the battle system as well. Omega weapon was also extremely easy once you collected all the cards (Keep using the item that makes you invincible :D )

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,863 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sorry amp but have to point out that it isn't piracy if you own the game.

whoo hoo retro don't even go there you'll bring down the wrath of all the software do gooder's out there who feel for the companies and would never dream of using there cd burners for anything other then backing up there document's

I have FF8 for pc. PM me.

Well i can feel for this poor soul. I have two copies of Xenogears that don't work that i got from America and I couldn't do anything about it despite paying for them and also got no response from anyone on this Board.

Cheers Retr0gamer.

PM Sent

/Kone

• Advertisement
Advertisement