Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Idea For a Game Ever. IMOHO

Options
  • 26-03-2003 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭

I've had a really cool idea for a game.......one that could eat up you real life time like no other......somthing so adictively fiddly that grown men will chat about it in Bars:

SIM MODEL RAILWAY

Its so fiendishly simple.

A game where you can fit together premade models of track sections on a map you can alter to suit and build stations/towns Briges ect simply by sellecting them and droping them in place.

Then you select your Loco and rolling stock and run it around the track. you could even build time tables and have several trains running automaticly.

Then when every detail of your map is just right you could place the camra in one of the carrages and watch the countryside roll by. or set up a serries of Camras timed to flick between each other shots to make a movie sequence.

Now comes the fiddely bit, that will have people addicted, include a easy to use 3D edditing packaging so you can make you own tarrain, Track sections, Trees, Brige and other buildings and pices of sceenary. then have a file shareing network so people could publish their masterpices.

I'm telling you lives would be ruined in the quest to make an exact replaca of the oriante Express or the like.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Railroad Tycoon is the closest thing you are going to get to that today....who knows what the future holds...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭EdBanger

Yeah but thats trying to sim a Railway company.

I want a sim of a model railway. taht way you ahve compleat control of the enviroment without having to fork out ridicualis amounts of cash for small bags of Flock.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Why not get Sensible Train spotter form Sensible software! Now thats one addictive game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 repoman_666

What about Microsoft Train Simulator?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

If done well, that could remove many months from many peoples lives :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Transport Tycoon is one addictive game, I have played it on and off for years after I first got it and even did so for a few days last year. It might be getting a bit old now :)

Advertisement