Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vokswagon Golf Sump

• 16-02-2015 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I brought my Golf in to get the exhaust repaired. When I went back to collect it they told me the sump was rotten and needed changing as soon as. I was quoted €350. They said it was a very common problem in Golfs. It was only serviced last week and my usual mechanic never said anything..... Anyone heard about this being a known fault before?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

This is not a common problem with Golfs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

It's either damaged or its not. It's not going to rot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

VW Golf sumps site very low so generally they get damaged relatively easily.

As already said though the sump is made from aluminium so won't rot, or rust or anything of the sort. If it isn't leaking then it's fine. I'd bring it back to your mechanic and ask his unbiased opinion. Looks like the exhaust crowd were just trying to drum up some work.

Advertisement