Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiat gearbox

Options
  • 16-02-2015 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

I think the diff in my Stilo is gone- there's been a booming noise at higher speeds for maybe 8 or 9 months that I thought was a wheel bearing on the way out. It's after getting worse and now at slower speeds when cornering in either direction there's a pronounced rhythmic bearing chatter type 'vub vub vub' noise from under the car that goes away again when driving straight.

The question is being a mechanically minded petrol head with some experience of engines and replacing suspensions parts and the like, have I any chance of swapping the gearbox myself? Would I need much in the way of special tools?

Or is it just a job for a pro and how much is it likely to cost to swap the box from a donor and probably fit a new clutch?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Easy changed, back mount is a bit of an arse though apart from that its straight foreward.

If its a 1.2/1.4 drop me a pm, i have a fair few of those boxes here

Advertisement