Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CSI Cyber - CBS - US pace (**Spoiler**)

Options
  • 04-03-2015 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 60,286 ✭✭✭✭

It seems the pilot episode has been leaked.. Cyber attack :p or publicity stunt.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wonder will Patricia Arquette stay with the show now after her Oscar win

• Registered Users Posts: 60,286 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Very much as you would expect from a CSI show.

Arquette and Van der Beek are a good partnership I will stick with for a bit and see where it goes from here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Hopefully it's better than regular CSI, that really took a dive in quality this season :(

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just watched the first 5 minutes. The jumpy camera work/jump cuts are going to piss me off, I know it.

Show seems OK though, decent cast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mr E wrote: »
    Just watched the first 5 minutes. The jumpy camera work/jump cuts are going to piss me off, I know it.

Show seems OK though, decent cast.

Has Dawson and The Biscuit in it.

I made it through the whole thing. Almost switched it off early on but the 2nd half was better than the 1st. Comes in somewhere between miami and new york in the cheese stakes I think. Definitely felt a little 'without a trace' in places.

I'll watch another couple but I was howling with laughter when Dawson
    rescued the baby from the car in the lake, it was so fake looing and then when it cut back after mouth to mouth the baby clothes were bone dry and just a few drops of water on it's head
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I wonder will Patricia Arquette stay with the show now after her Oscar win

Same with Melissa McCarthy if she won her Oscar for Bridesmaids, although i've only ever watched one ep of her sitcom!
    I wonder what actor has won one while with a tv show?
    calex71 wrote: »
    Hopefully it's better than regular CSI, that really took a dive in quality this season

I heard earlier on RTE2 that today is World CSI Day at 7pm EST/12am GMT that they're gonna simulcast an ep called Kitty, to springboard this show, just looked up the ep it's from last season, might give it a shot, as i didn't watch much CSI before, although it seems that's on a lot here & Sky Living!

PS. Does it remind you of the short lived Intelligence?

Same with Melissa McCarthy if she won her Oscar for Bridesmaids, although i've only ever watched one ep!
    I wonder what actor has won one while with a tv show?

She didn't win but her show was huge in the states and I think she would have stayed with it even if she did win.

Matthew McConaughey last year.

She didn't win but her show was huge in the states and I think she would have stayed with it even if she did win.

Yeah, i think she'd stay, as she seems grounded & lucky to have the day job, as the film career could all end soon?

You say her show was huge, is it getting the chop?

Ah yeah, the McConaissance, i wonder how long that will last for :D

McConaughey's show TD was filmed before all his award wins

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Watched it finally yesterday and greatly disappointed; the constant forced "action" scenes (seriously, you're running up to a guy with an automatic and hitting him in the face?) etc. makes it a very poor CSI. It simply looks like yet watered down version of the common "genius in control who are poor socially for fun chit chat lead by action hero" format. I'll take Black list, Stalker etc. any time of the week of this.

• Advertisement

Considering i don't watch too much CSI, i'll give this a few eps, it was moderately funny. Arquette seems to like shows that are in for the long haul, Boyhood took 12 yrs, this took a year since the Kitty ep last year :p

This is the second Irish person (Mary Aiken) in this field of work along with Walter O Brien in Scorpion, i wonder is there any more coming ;)

I wonder did they break the record in over 150 countries? as i caught some of her interview with Ray D'arcy today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Well, at least they've continued the tradition of having a song by Daltrey, Townshend et al as the theme tune:

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭aine1980

Didn't think much of the first episode, will give it another 1 or 2 to see if it's something that I'll stick with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Is this as bad as I assume its going to be?

"Its no good. He's using full endpoint encryption"
    "Isnt there anything we can do?"
    "Hmmm, maybe if I bypass the control protocol I can force it to re-issue the token"
    <tap tap tap>
    "Ok, im in!"
    "Damns he's logged out. He's so fast! Maybe if both of us type on the same keyboard together we can get ahead of him!"

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Callanutd

awful! so bad. I really wanted it to be good for JVDB as well. DTB in apartment 23 was cancelled far too early. Im a big CSI Vegas fan and this just isnt CSI.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I've watched 3 episodes and it is incredibly bad. But then I shouldn't have expected any different. It is an insult to anybody with any idea on how computers work. I'm done with it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

lertsnim wrote: »
    I've watched 3 episodes and it is incredibly bad. But then I shouldn't have expected any different. It is an insult to anybody with any idea on how computers work. I'm done with it.
    Same; I deleted every episode after watching it as a guilty pleasure but I realized that there really were no pleasure in it :/

It's trying to combine CSI with 24 with friends and it simply does not work at all even as a so bad it's good series.

The latest episode was so ham fisted. WE GET IT, NUMBERS ARE LETTERS IN LEET-SPEAK! NO POINT IN HAMMERING IT OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

As if showing the letters on screen wasn't enough, they get a character to explain it for the 0.1% who didn't pick up on it from the on screen clues.

Then the scene at the end with the white hat hacker who is now magically wearing an FBI jacket while his friend is being arrested. Once again for the 0.1% who didn't pick it up, he tugs at the jacket for emphasis, as if to say "LOOK, MR. EX FRIEND, I'M WEARING THE JACKET. I'M A FED NOW!"

I expect the writers scripted him to stick his tongue out too, but I'd say he drew the line at that.

Credit the viewers with some intelligence. I think this show is screwed as it is, and is a dead cert for cancellation.

*whispers* It could happen to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Just watched the first episode. On top of the mistakes already discussed, JVDB's character
    jumps in a lake to rescue a baby from a sinking car, while wearing his FBI bulletproof vest. He could have drowned: those things are bulky and heavy, but can be removed in a few seconds.
    :rolleyes:

I'll give it a few more episodes, but it's trying too hard to be "edgy", with all the jittery movement and pixellation.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

bnt wrote: »
    Just watched the first episode. On top of the mistakes already discussed, JVDB's character
    jumps in a lake to rescue a baby from a sinking car, while wearing his FBI bulletproof vest. He could have drowned: those things are bulky and heavy, but can be removed in a few seconds.
    :rolleyes:

I'll give it a few more episodes, but it's trying too hard to be "edgy", with all the jittery movement and pixellation.

I think the only thing i remember of that episode
    was that the 'baby' was afaik be visibly seen as a rubberdoll,
    i think someone mentioned that earlier?

That was ep 2 last nite on RTE2, but the ep above is afaik ep4 FireCode as i watched it a few days ago & this is the US pace thread!
    Its not really a show i'm rushing to see at any pace.

But Mary Aiken who inspired it, is fairly promoting it on tv & radio, as she was here last Nov ahead of the global showing of it too, i wonder did they break Doctor Who's record?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Season 2? I'm on the edge of quitting Season 1 after 5 episodes. I'm on the one with the bomber whose first bomb was triggered by the numbers of cellphones it detected.

The next bomb will be triggered by 1,000,000 page views of video of the first bomb. How to stop that happening? "The firewall's too strong, we can't hack the site!" No, but you could DDoS the crap out of it by bombarding it with requests to a non-existent page, forcing the site to spend all its time issuing 404 pages. Thus stopping people from seeing the video page, or at least slowing the rate drastically, giving them more time.

Then they find an address where they think the bomber is, but don't consider the possibility a bomber might set up a booby-trap bomb, just in case the authorities get his address ...

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

One of the worst casts ever

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭cena

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    One of the worst casts ever

Cast could do with a revamp

Ted Danson replacing Peter MacNicol for season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭cena

Ted Danson replacing Peter MacNicol for season 2.

Well Ted suit csi cyber?

Jesus that first episode was awful. Nice to see Ted Danson (and some regular CSI-type-stuff), but how anyone kept a straight face during that 'keystroke vibrations' bit is beyond me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Oh wow, some of the worst TV I think I've ever seen, great to see they knew exactly the model computer and table that was being used, as for the remote control cockroaches jeeze.

Might have been just me as well, but it really was terrible acting by everyone

Episode 3. Oh my.

Racism is a heavy subject, but that episode was so painfully bad that it lost all impact and took the piss out of it.

Probably not the intention.

• Advertisement

Yeah, sadly still watching this until the bitter end.

Fortunately, I think last week's Python episode was one of the better ones this season. The computer stuff is still hokey, but the story was actually pretty decent and Python was a decent villain. Hopefully they make it part of a longer story and don't catch him in tonight's episode.

Advertisement