Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking senior software devs for advice

Options
  • 18-11-2013 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi there

I'm having doubts about my current position and need advice. Are there any senior devs here who would be willing to discuss it via PM?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

pushpop wrote: »
    Hi there

I'm having doubts about my current position and need advice. Are there any senior devs here who would be willing to discuss it via PM?

Cheers!

Fire away. I may not respond right away but should do later tonight.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Ditto, I've been a developer for just over 10 years and a team lead for 3/4.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭pushpop

Thanks for the replies folks, PMs sent! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

Feel free to drop me a PM too if you want another opinion?

D.

PM sent!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Also available if required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Happy to oblige, if you need another opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

If you do it via PM then noone will see the deluge of cynicism. So what's the point :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

srsly78 wrote: »
    If you do it via PM then noone will see the deluge of cynicism. So what's the point :(

Indeed, what a party pooper.

TrueDub wrote: »
    Also available if required.

PM Sent! :)

• Advertisement

COYW wrote: »
    Happy to oblige, if you need another opinion.

PM Sent!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭fergalr

I'm not a mod, but as a forum regular, I think its worth mentioning there's a bit in the forum charter that says:
    Answering/Discussing a Question
    1. Keep all answers and suggestions on the thread. Asking users to pm you is not allowed. This is so anybody who has a similar problem in the future can view the solution suggested.

Now, I'm sure that rule was intended more for situations where a poster was asking a technical question, and asking for PMs with replies; rather than wanting to discuss things of a career-sensitive nature in private, which is understandable.

Still, as a regular, I wouldn't like threads consisting of PM requests to become normally acceptable.
    This thread has almost no value to anyone that isn't the OP.
    Its taking from a common resource, basically.

It'd be ideal if the OP could post a query on thread which was suitably abstracted.
    Maybe that's simply not possible in this case - fair enough if so - but just wanted to say something.

Advertisement