Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ETag loyalty cards issued by Centra in Ennis.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭DubTony

You see, that brings up a problem. For those of us who are forcibly implanted with the chip, the cure may prove a lot less palatable than the symptom. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

DubTony wrote: »
    You see, that brings up a problem. For those of us who are forcibly implanted with the chip, the cure may prove a lot less palatable than the symptom. :o
    Deactivating or removal of human implants will not be so easy, The authorities will have them containing cyanide or a similar solution, if they are tampered with after the durabond ® sets itself within hours they will break open and kill you dead in minutes. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,226 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I have decided to use my new Ennis Centra Etag as a keyring for my scoot, but first I had to "kill" off the transmitting bug by placing it in the microwave for a few seconds. This will prevent any unauthorized theft of my personal information and will protect my civil liberties. :)

So why get one at all? I mean, I assume it is useless now that you've microwaved it. But in getting the tag, wouldn't you have had to fill out a form or something?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Never thought i'd be in the thrall of the lizard people. I actually installed this system. The tag only contains one figure, a unique hex value that identifies the tag. No credit card info etc. If you read the terms and conditions on the pamphlet / application form you'll see that we adhere to the data protection policy etc yada yada yada. It's only used by the store themselves. If the customer agrees they may receive texts to advise of offers if they allow it and have included a mobile.

I'm actually just back from Dublin 24 today, I wasn't in your shop today gerry, was I? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

MarkR wrote: »
    Never thought i'd be in the thrall of the lizard people. I actually installed this system. The tag only contains one figure, a unique hex value that identifies the tag. No credit card info etc. If you read the terms and conditions on the pamphlet / application form you'll see that we adhere to the data protection policy etc yada yada yada. It's only used by the store themselves. If the customer agrees they may receive texts to advise of offers if they allow it and have included a mobile.

I'm actually just back from Dublin 24 today, I wasn't in your shop today gerry, was I? :D

no mate you were not and I have already explained this about this particular system and have invited some to view it when I go to see it working in another store but no one has taken me up in my invitation.

While I do believe some systems(not the one the OP referrs to) hold all your info on them and are open to exposure from external sources its up to the individual to investigate the system they are signing up for if you dont then its your own fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

So why get one at all?
    They are cute and free :p
    I mean, I assume it is useless now that you've microwaved it. But in getting the tag, wouldn't you have had to fill out a form or something?
    They are hardly going to ask me for my drivers license or passport when filling out the form. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,226 ✭✭✭✭Penn

They are cute and free :p

haha, good point well made

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I have decided to use my new Ennis Centra Etag as a keyring for my scoot, but first I had to "kill" off the transmitting bug by placing it in the microwave for a few seconds. This will prevent any unauthorized theft of my personal information and will protect my civil liberties. :)

I can still see you. Look at ya, sitting there on the internet. Btw, to my knowledge (bearing in mind my boss didn't inform me of our lizard people connection) it's a passive system, so it only becomes active in the presence of the reader.

Advertisement