Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web front end for ruby/groovy

Options
  • 22-11-2013 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭

I work in a company that uses quite a few command line based scripts that are written in groovy and ruby.

I think they could benefit from them being moved to be web based tools. Its mostly a java and open source house so I suspect any websites would need to be coded up in some sort of java.

Is it possible and worthwhile to just put a web front end and have it call the existing scripts or would something more substantial be needed?

These scripts interact with various systems and source code repositories so I'm not sure of the best approach.

I'm also more familiar with.net and c# but i think for this, java would need to be used.

Sorry for the vagueness. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

sudo install jenkins

Alternatively TeamCity, or Bamboo or any other CI suite does this.

Next question please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭kryptonmight

What is sudo install Jenkins?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

On linux to install a package you can use that command. Except I typed it wrong, oops. The command is:
    sudo apt-get install jenkins (on ubuntu)
    sudo yum install jenkins (on centos )

On windows you have to manually download the setup file and run it. Get it here: http://jenkins-ci.org/

This is a continuous integration package: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuous_integration
    I recommend Jenkins because it's completely free.

Basically it is a web frontend, that allows you to run scripts remotely or locally. These scripts can be anything, but are usually related to software build/test/deployment.

Advertisement