Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Premiership Top Scorers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Bets placed just before KO of City v Southampton and as I type Toure scores a penalty. Unfortunately didn't back him this week. Fancied taking a punt with higher odds player. Only two selections due to players involved in same matches or injured. For some reason I have a €12.10 free bet with BetVictor so have used that for my anytime double and done two €10 FGS singles and €10 FGS double.

Manchester City v Jay Rodriguez @ 12/1 and 31/10
    West Ham v Suarez @ 10/3 and 4/6

Collie D wrote: »
    Bets placed just before KO of City v Southampton and as I type Toure scores a penalty. Unfortunately didn't back him this week. Fancied taking a punt with higher odds player. Only two selections due to players involved in same matches or injured. For some reason I have a €12.10 free bet with BetVictor so have used that for my anytime double and done two €10 FGS singles and €10 FGS double.

Manchester City v Jay Rodriguez @ 12/1 and 31/10
    West Ham v Suarez @ 10/3 and 4/6

Neither player getting on the scoresheet so loss of €30.

Total staked: €770
    Profit/Loss: +€82.94
    ROI: +10.77%

Currently six players on 15 goals or more putting them in the top four. However, Suarez, Sturridge, Aguero and Toure are all involved in the same match, Rodriguez is injured and Rooney doesn't have a game so only one selection available. Have done €15 FGS single and same stake anytime bet. Money back as a free bet on the FGS bet if City win. Bets with Paddy Power.

Liverpool v Toure @ 17/2 and 23/10

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭chompdown

This system seemed to work best at the start of the season, but as the season went on and the timelines got longer the bets started losing.

Have you considered only taking the last 8 games into consideration so that you are picking form players?

Currently six players on 15 goals or more putting them in the top four. However, Suarez, Sturridge, Aguero and Toure are all involved in the same match, Rodriguez is injured and Rooney doesn't have a game so only one selection available. Have done €15 FGS single and same stake anytime bet. Money back as a free bet on the FGS bet if City win. Bets with Paddy Power.

Liverpool v Toure @ 17/2 and 23/10

No goal from Toure and for second week running I give a player the kiss of death by backing him, seing an early goal by the opposition and then that player hobbling off before the 20th minute.

Total staked: €800
    Profit/Loss: +€52.94
    ROI: +6.62%
    chompdown wrote: »
    This system seemed to work best at the start of the season, but as the season went on and the timelines got longer the bets started losing.

Have you considered only taking the last 8 games into consideration so that you are picking form players?

That actually sounds like a good shout. I do think I could do better if I could get back to four selections each week and a Lucky 15 as would only need two out of four to make a profit. All of my earlier season bets consisted of four but current system not allowing it. Should be back to three selections anyway this weekend.

I'm currently up to neck in work so also don't really get time to research my bets any more. Haven't had a serious bet on football in a couple of months as I haven't had chance to look at anything. Did get some time to review the Masters last week though, thankfully.

My only aim now is to get to end of season in profit. If I'm in profit by end of season I'll continue on next season and have a look at adjusting system. If even one cent in the red I'll quit. Will continue on until then anyhow. Being optimistic, I suppose I can look at the dire run I've had since Xmas and be happy that overall I've never been in negative. Two more weeks guaranteed before that happens.

• Advertisement

Three selections this week. Bets with Coral. Oddschecker crashed on me but the couple of minutes I got it looked like they were best prices. €3 FGS patent adn €9 anytime treble.

Norwich v Suarez @ 11/4 and 4/7
    Everton v Rooney @ 9/2 and 6/5
    Aguero v West Brom @ 3/1 and 8/11

Three selections this week. Bets with Coral. Oddschecker crashed on me but the couple of minutes I got it looked like they were best prices. €3 FGS patent adn €9 anytime treble.

Norwich v Suarez @ 11/4 and 4/7
    Everton v Rooney @ 9/2 and 6/5
    Aguero v West Brom @ 3/1 and 8/11

Rooney let me down for the anytime treble but neither of the other two scored the first so loss of €30.

Total staked: €830
    Profit/Loss: +€22.94
    ROI: +2.76%

Lowest point in terms of cash profit and ROI. Could be about to hit a loss for the first time this weekend.

Waited to put these bets on in case Sturridge was a starter. Just two available selections this weekend. Four bets of €7.50 each. Two FGS singles, an FGS double and an anytime double. Was hoping that Toure would be confirmed as a starter but everything I've read points to the fact that he will play. Bets with 888 today. Need at least one winning bet to keep me in profit.

Suarez v Chelsea @ 13/4 and evens
    Crystal Palace v Toure @ 13/2 and 21/10

Waited to put these bets on in case Sturridge was a starter. Just two available selections this weekend. Four bets of €7.50 each. Two FGS singles, an FGS double and an anytime double. Was hoping that Toure would be confirmed as a starter but everything I've read points to the fact that he will play. Bets with 888 today. Need at least one winning bet to keep me in profit.

Suarez v Chelsea @ 13/4 and evens
    Crystal Palace v Toure @ 13/2 and 21/10

Well it has been coming since Xmas. Toure scores the second but Suarez doesn't score at all (but as a United fan quite happy to lose this particular bet). Loss of €30 to leave me in the red for the first time. Reading back to my first post the hope was to have one big win without losing too much overall. Might continue in that hope.

Will play last two rounds of the season and if in profit will continue next season. If still in the red I'll review but might continue in hope of that one big win. I'm actually happy enough doing these bets as I have stopped doing random bets on other things just "for an interest".

Total staked: €860
    Profit/Loss: -€7.06
    ROI: -0.82%

Four bets of €7.50 each. Two FGS singles, an FGS double and an anytime double. Bets done with Bet365. Ladbrokes have better prices but was having issues with their deposit page so have gone for next best. A difference of three points between the two if all bets come in.

Everton v Toure @ 6/1 and 8/5
    Crystal Palace v Suarez @ 10/3 and 5/6

• Advertisement

Four bets of €7.50 each. Two FGS singles, an FGS double and an anytime double. Bets done with Bet365. Ladbrokes have better prices but was having issues with their deposit page so have gone for next best. A difference of three points between the two if all bets come in.

Everton v Toure @ 6/1 and 8/5
    Crystal Palace v Suarez @ 10/3 and 5/6

Suarez scores but not the first. Nothing from Toure. Loss of €30. Need a good week next week. At lowest point in terms of cash balance and ROI.

Total staked: €890
    Profit/Loss: -€37.06
    ROI: -4.16%

Last chance to get back into the black for the season. Four €7.50 bets. Two FGS singles, an FGS double and an anytime double. Top price with Bet365.

Sturridge v Newcastle @ 15/4 and 4/6
    Toure v West Ham @ 6/1 and 20/21

Last chance to get back into the black for the season. Four €7.50 bets. Two FGS singles, an FGS double and an anytime double. Top price with Bet365.

Sturridge v Newcastle @ 15/4 and 4/6
    Toure v West Ham @ 6/1 and 20/21

Only Sturridge scored and it wasn't the first. Loss of €30.

Total staked: €920
    Profit/Loss: -€67.06
    ROI: -7.29%

Review to follow at some point later in week.

Resurrecting this for new season. Reducing stakes back down to a €1 Lucky 15 on first goalscorers and €5 accum on anytime for total weekly outlay of €20.

As it's the first week have just used the final top four scorers from last season - Suarez, Sturridge, Toure with Aguero and Rooney tied for fourth. Obviously can't pick Suarez and have two City players in there (one of whom is possibly out tomorrow anyway) so only three selections available. Bet is a €2 FGS Patent and a €6 anytime treble.

Wayne Rooney v Swansea City @ 17/5 and 6/5
    Daniel Sturridge v Southampton @ 7/2 and 5/6
    Newcastle United v Yaya Toure @ 13/2 and 9/5

Bets done with BetVictor. Hopefully get off to profitable start. Best of luck for the season to all! Let's go!

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭chompdown

Good to see you back.. Will keep an eye on the thread.

Resurrecting this for new season. Reducing stakes back down to a €1 Lucky 15 on first goalscorers and €5 accum on anytime for total weekly outlay of €20.

As it's the first week have just used the final top four scorers from last season - Suarez, Sturridge, Toure with Aguero and Rooney tied for fourth. Obviously can't pick Suarez and have two City players in there (one of whom is possibly out tomorrow anyway) so only three selections available. Bet is a €2 FGS Patent and a €6 anytime treble.

Wayne Rooney v Swansea City @ 17/5 and 6/5
    Daniel Sturridge v Southampton @ 7/2 and 5/6
    Newcastle United v Yaya Toure @ 13/2 and 9/5

Bets done with BetVictor. Hopefully get off to profitable start. Best of luck for the season to all! Let's go!

Two out of three but neither getting the first goal. Typically I chose the wrong City player. Loss of €20.

Total staked: €940
    Profit/Loss: -€87.06
    ROI: -9.26%

Working tomorrow morning so getting these on early without line-ups but no injury worries for any of the selections.

One player leads on two goals and a whole bunch tied for second on one goal each so have gone for the four longest odds. Bets placed with Paddy Power this week. Have done four €1 FGS singles, a €1 FGS Yankee and a fiver anytime accum. Refunds on the FGS singles in the Everton-Arsenal game if Lukaku scores and on the Hull-Stoke game if it ends a draw.

Not expecting much from these guys but giving a it a go nonetheless. One first goal will equal profit for the week.

Brede Hangeland v West Ham @ 33/1 and 14/1
    Nathaniel Clyne v West Brom @ 40/1 and 14/1
    Everton v Laurent Koscielny @ 40/1 and 14/1
    James Chester v Stoke @ 33/1 and 14/1

Working tomorrow morning so getting these on early without line-ups but no injury worries for any of the selections.

One player leads on two goals and a whole bunch tied for second on one goal each so have gone for the four longest odds. Bets placed with Paddy Power this week. Have done four €1 FGS singles, a €1 FGS Yankee and a fiver anytime accum. Refunds on the FGS singles in the Everton-Arsenal game if Lukaku scores and on the Hull-Stoke game if it ends a draw.

Not expecting much from these guys but giving a it a go nonetheless. One first goal will equal profit for the week.

Brede Hangeland v West Ham @ 33/1 and 14/1
    Nathaniel Clyne v West Brom @ 40/1 and 14/1
    Everton v Laurent Koscielny @ 40/1 and 14/1
    James Chester v Stoke @ 33/1 and 14/1

One non-runner and no goals from the other three. Loss of €19.

Total staked: €960
    Profit/Loss: -€106.06
    ROI: -11.05%

I was away last week so didn;t get to post. I did however manage to get a bet on. I did the FGS Lucky 15 but was too late for the anytime accum. Used free €1 bet so only cost me €14. Only one of the four scored but it wasn't the first so a loss of €14.

Total staked: €974
    Profit/Loss: -€120.06
    ROI: -12.33%

Got called into work today so again no research into line ups or best prices. Had to nip into local Paddy Power and do a docket. Usual euro lucky fifteen and fiver accumulator on first goal and anytime.

On phone so will post screen shot of docket if in profit but couple of outsiders this week

• Advertisement

Got called into work today so again no research into line ups or best prices. Had to nip into local Paddy Power and do a docket. Usual euro lucky fifteen and fiver accumulator on first goal and anytime.

On phone so will post screen shot of docket if in profit but couple of outsiders this week

Only one scorer and it wasn't the first so a loss of €20.

Total staked: €994
    Profit/Loss: -€140.06
    ROI: -14.09%

Think this is only the second time this season I've had a free Saturday to relax, make my picks and watch...so of course three of my players are on tomorrow :o

Anyway...bets with BetVictor

Swansea City v Morgan Schneiderlin @ 19/1 and 13/2
    Nacer Chadli v West Brom @ 8/1 and 12/5
    Sergio Aguero v Chelsea @ 5/1 and 29/20
    Steven Naismith v Crystal Palace @ 11/2 and 31/20

Think this is only the second time this season I've had a free Saturday to relax, make my picks and watch...so of course three of my players are on tomorrow :o

Anyway...bets with BetVictor

Swansea City v Morgan Schneiderlin @ 19/1 and 13/2
    Nacer Chadli v West Brom @ 8/1 and 12/5
    Sergio Aguero v Chelsea @ 5/1 and 29/20
    Steven Naismith v Crystal Palace @ 11/2 and 31/20

Another blank week. None of the above scored but Naismith didn;t start so he's a non-runner for FGS. Loss of €19.

Total staked: €1,014
    Profit/Loss: -€159.06
    ROI: -15.69%

Bets this week with BetVictor again. Have a free fiver bet with them so used that for the anytime accum and increased FGS stake to €1.33 for an outlay of €19.95.

Liverpool v Naismith @ 11/1 and 31/10
    Schneiderlin v QPR @ 14/1 and 9/2
    Sunderland v Nathan Dyer @ 12/1 and 22/5
    Arsenal v Chadli @ 16/1 and 5/1

Bets this week with BetVictor again. Have a free fiver bet with them so used that for the anytime accum and increased FGS stake to €1.33 for an outlay of €19.95.

Liverpool v Naismith @ 11/1 and 31/10
    Schneiderlin v QPR @ 14/1 and 9/2
    Sunderland v Nathan Dyer @ 12/1 and 22/5
    Arsenal v Chadli @ 16/1 and 5/1

Chadli bags the first goal, everybody else draws a blank. First profit of the season, albeit a small one of €2.66.

Total staked: €1,033.95
    Profit/Loss: -€156.40
    ROI: -15.13%

Bets with BetVictor again this week.

Leonardo Ulloa v Burnley @ 22/5 and 11/8
    Aston Villa v Aguero @ 18/5 and 19/20
    Diego Costa v Arsenal @ 17/5 and 9/10
    Chadli v Southampton @ 21/2 and 7/2

Bets with BetVictor again this week.

Leonardo Ulloa v Burnley @ 22/5 and 11/8
    Aston Villa v Aguero @ 18/5 and 19/20
    Diego Costa v Arsenal @ 17/5 and 9/10
    Chadli v Southampton @ 21/2 and 7/2

Both Aguero and Costa scored but neither got the first so loss of €20.

Total staked: €1,053.95
    Profit/Loss: -€176.40
    ROI: -16.74%

Only three selections this week as there's a West Brom player in top four and I don't bet against United. €2 FGS Patent and €6 anytime treble.

Aguero v Tottenham Hotspur @ 4/1 and 37/40
    Crystal Palace v Costa @ 7/2 and 19/20
    Newcastle United v Ulloa @ 6/1 and 7/4

Only three selections this week as there's a West Brom player in top four and I don't bet against United. €2 FGS Patent and €6 anytime treble.

Aguero v Tottenham Hotspur @ 4/1 and 37/40
    Crystal Palace v Costa @ 7/2 and 19/20
    Newcastle United v Ulloa @ 6/1 and 7/4

Aguero gets the first, Costa was a non-runner and Ulloa didn't score giving a profit of €2.

Total staked: €1,073.95
    Profit/Loss: -€174.40
    ROI: -16.24%

• Advertisement

Chelsea playing United tomorrow so have ruled out Costa leaving three selections again. €2 FGS Patent and €6 anytime treble with BetVictor.

West Ham v Aguero @ 17/5 and 8/11
    Graziano Pelle v Stoke City @ 15/4 and 23/20
    Saido Berahino v Crystal Palace @ 5/1 and 17/10

Advertisement