Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Married With Children

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

nomaam2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Your best bet is to invest in a Region Free DVD player and order them in from the States - I've season 1-4 myself and intend to get the other 7 soon enough... Excellent sitcom...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

I fancied the Mam so much!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Temaz wrote: »
    I fancied the Mam daughter so much!!
    QFT!!!

Very good sitcom to be fair. Probably shows it's age a bit but still good for a laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

*flushes toilet*

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

88937669-dff4-4cd1-8066-c45037256b3f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭bb1234567

ha thats jay from modern family!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

There's a very sad story about one of the later series. The producers wrote in Peggy and Marcy's pregnancies because Katy Sagal (Peg) was pregnant in real life. But late in her pregnancy the baby was stillborn so the producers couldn't make her play a pregnant/new mother when her own baby had just died. So they wrote it that Peg disappears from the show for a while and comes back in an dream sequence episode where Al is a noir style PI, but the twist is when he wakes up at the end it's not just episode that was a dream but the entire series, so neither pregnancy had ever happened.

I thought it was such a crap story when it happened and went off the series entirely because of it. I felt awful about it when I found out why the story went that way.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I remember staying up really late back in the 80s to watch this and Prisoner Cell Block H which was on either before or after it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

iguana wrote: »
    There's a very sad story about one of the later series. The producers wrote in Peggy and Marcy's pregnancies because Katy Sagal (Peg) was pregnant in real life. But late in her pregnancy the baby was stillborn so the producers couldn't make her play a pregnant/new mother when her own baby had just died. So they wrote it that Peg disappears from the show for a while and comes back in an dream sequence episode where Al is a noir style PI, but the twist is when he wakes up at the end it's not just episode that was a dream but the entire series, so neither pregnancy had ever happened.

I thought it was such a crap story when it happened and went off the series entirely because of it. I felt awful about it when I found out why the story went that way.:(

oh yeah, I vaguely remember that.. that is quite sad :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

I remember staying up really late back in the 80s to watch this and Prisoner Cell Block H which was on either before or after it.

Me too. It was my Wednesday(?) night ritual when I was about ten. Had to watch some middle aged Aussie women beating each other up before some good ol' Al Bundy.

This sitcom was so ahead of it's time. A lot of the jokes on it wouldn't be written now though because it's not the most PC show ever. I never understood why they didn't go back and start making it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭buckfast69

Some show to be fair. I acquired the first couple of seasons online recently.

There is a great scene in season 3(i think) kelly brings a football jock home. He starts playing ball out the back with the guy. The jock is schooling him with loads of tricks. Then Al decides to teach him a lesson. He calls it "an open palmed karate chop to the adams apple" and all you see next is the jock rolling around on the floor coughing holding his neck, i laughed so hard i nearly puked.

Its some show, there wont be another show like it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Probably one of the most criminally underrated tv shows ever imo. Way ahead of it's time and the complete antithesis of contemporary tv shows like the Cosby Show(it was originally slated to be called "not the cosby show").

Have all 11 seasons on dvd and it never gets old. Would love to see it back on tv so a new generation get to experience it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I loved this show as a teenager, haven't watched it in a long time but might do just to see if it's as good as I remember it to be.

I was delighted to see Ed O'Neill show up in Modern Family. Class comedy actor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

never got to see it all unfortunately. think RTE just stopped showing the later seasons. must go back and watch them all.

loved the episode of Futurama where they spoof Married With Children :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Your best bet is to invest in a Region Free DVD player and order them in from the States - I've season 1-4 myself and intend to get the other 7 soon enough... Excellent sitcom...

I'm pretty sure you can get a region free boxset online with all the episodes for about €70/80. I got series 1 and 2 for region 2 off play.com recently, not sure how high it goes upto.

OT, the first episode is funnier than an entire season of what RTE can cough up, I was pissing myself watching it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

The best episode was the fight over the apple tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

110e8ae0.jpg

"A fat woman came into the store today..."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

kelly-bundy.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    110e8ae0.jpg

"A fat woman godzilla-ed into the store today..."

fyp

• Advertisement
Advertisement