Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Penn & Teller: Fool Us

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

mike65 wrote: »
    Another card switch that wasn't tonight.
    I had it recorded, he put the pliers he had into his pocket with his right hand, and then while removing it , it looked like he put something into his left hand but it's too dark to tell. It sure looked like he switched a card from his jacket though so I don't blame Penn for thinking that

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

With regard to the act with the tape around one of the guys head..

All I'll say is that the slap on the back of the head was crucial to the act.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Yeah there's clips of them doing the trick much cleaner online and never obscuring the card after removing it from his mouth. They even admitted to weakening the finish on purpose to throw P&T off the scent. It's just a shame that the show has resulted in acts having to lessen the effect of their magic to give themselves a chance to win. It's kind of like rewarding poor magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Yeah there's clips of them doing the trick much cleaner online and never obscuring the card after removing it from his mouth. They even admitted to weakening the finish on purpose to throw P&T off the scent. It's just a shame that the show has resulted in acts having to lessen the effect of their magic to give themselves a chance to win. It's kind of like rewarding poor magic.

Yeah. If the timing is in any way similar to what's shown on tv, P&T don't get n awful lot of time, and generally only get one shot at guessing how it's done, which means there is a fair bit of scope for winning without actually fully fooling them. A few times where they've gotten the answer wrong, they pretty much know what it is straight after.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I'm really enjoying this show.Like others, I stumbled onto it accidentally. There was a show back in the day when I was a kid called something like "The Magicians' Secrets" or something like that and it reminds me a little of that. P&T come across as really likeable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Finally screened the last edition tonight, ended with a sustained card trick gag which was highly entertaining, I also like the note trick old but slickly done and the Paul/Martin Daniels
    Phantom swap.

Ross signed off saying they'd be back for a second series I think.

Advertisement