Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster's Drive for 8-0 vs Munster buildup

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

I'm a Munster supporter, I was at the matches for the last few weeks, pretty poor performance by Munster so I'd expect Leinster to walk it.

Of course the fact that I just said that will mean Munster will win.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Wheres everyone got their tickets for? I'm in Block 115, the livestock transfer from the Anglesea Terrace...

Also 115, row BB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Sean O'Brien
    ssaye2 wrote: »

Thanks a million :)
    Not the worst in the world, suppose o sacrifice seeing the screen from there?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

davo2001 wrote: »
    I'm a Munster supporter, I was at the matches for the last few weeks, pretty poor performance by Munster so I'd expect Leinster to walk it.

Of course the fact that I just said that will mean Munster will win.

But the fact that you then said that....

Beware the Mocker Gods. They hear and see everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

molloyjh wrote: »
    Not a bad view for rugby. I often like the view from the South Upper because you can see how teams are aligning far better. But at the far end you do lack an bit of depth perception or something. Looks like that view could be a decent balance between the head on and side on views.

Tried it row A for last year as left tickets late was very good actually

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Thanks a million :)
    Not the worst in the world, suppose o sacrifice seeing the screen from there?

you will see the screen to the right down the other end as you sit down its very good actually

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

molloyjh wrote: »
    Yeah it was pretty bad. It's one that stuck in my head more than any other for some reason. Maybe it's because of the sheer disregard for Darce's safety or the complete lack of concern he showed after. That wasn't the only thing he did in that game either from memory. Didn't he take someone else out illegally later on. As though not getting carded for that hit just emboldened him.

Yea a high tackle on Kearney, it's on that clip too.

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Yea a high tackle on Kearney, it's on that clip too.

Yeah, I didn't watch it through. Forgot he got carded for that actually. Just remember thinking he was an absolute thug that day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

D'Arcy is no angel when is comes to illegally tackling Munster centres either. His spear tackle on Tipoki during the 2007 Lions was extremely dangerous if memory serves.

No way is this thread going down this road. Drop it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭WTO

It's been bugging me all week, the thread title. Drive for five, yeah OK, but drive for eight?

Home straight for eight?
    End of the wait for eight?

or in Munster's case

The run for one...?

awec wrote: »
    No way is this thread going down this road. Drop it.

*cough*

Last warning folks or cards will follow for anyone who tries to stir anything in this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Sean O'Brien
    WTO wrote: »
    It's been bugging me all week, the thread title. Drive for five, yeah OK, but drive for eight?

Home straight for eight?
    End of the wait for eight?

or in Munster's case

The run for one...?

Leinster are currently on a streak of 7 consecutive wins against Munster in Dublin.

Edit: Sorry WTO I misunderstood your post!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Leinster are currently on a streak of 7 consecutive wins against Munster in Dublin.
    The war for Inchicore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Sean O'Brien

I think he's arguing over the phrasing rather than the accuracy. As in, it should rhyme. I quite like the run for one myself :P

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

The long haul for f*ck all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Buer wrote: »
    The long haul for f*ck all?

The Big Choke in the Big Smoke?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,377 ✭✭✭✭phog

Doubt Leinster will choke.

phog wrote: »
    Doubt Leinster will choke.

Well played phog.

Also isn't it schmoke rather than smoke? ;)

• Advertisement

I went looking for a video of Leinster Players choke tackling a Munster player and I ended up watching pre match commentary of Ireland V Italy in WC2011 and then inevitably the match itself.

Didn't watch the next suggested video on youtube because f*** wales.

Sean O'Brien
    THE BEARD IS GONE, I REPEAT THE BEARD IS GONE

Munster by 50

Munster by 50

By Saturday it will be back probably

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Munster by 50

Oops, Mrs D'arce must never have read Samson and Delilah. My, my, my.

Not to worry, still Leinster by 12 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

We will miss Jenno at the breakdown!

• Advertisement

stephen_n wrote: »
    We will miss Jenno at the breakdown!

Usually his best game of the season V Munster.

Certainly will.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Usually his best game of the season V Munster.

Certainly will.

I like Ryan but he's just not that type of 7 at the breakdown.

Sean O'Brien
    I notice some tickets have gone up in price, albeit very slightly, this week. It's the other way they should be going!

Without the BOD factor and the Six Nations win I think we would have seen a similar attendance for last year's fixture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭accidentprone1

By Saturday it will be back probably

tumblr_lwozdwbt1X1r7005fo1_500.gif

• Advertisement

Lf site saying rk out

Ffs

Reid 12 mads fb?

Macken Darcy perhaps

Well that could be a game changer...

It's starting to feel like 2012/13 all over again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

If Reid is fit I find it hard to see how Reid/D'Arcy isn't our best midfield combo. Wouldn't be thrilled with Madigan at FB but he has shown he can cover there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sbtrkter90

Kearney must be cautionary..

Give me Darcy Macken. Macken has been among our better backs so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

If Rob Kearney is out I'd love to see Leinster show some faith in one of their younger guys like Kelleher or Dardis and throw them in. As an organisation there are very few areas I would criticise Leinster in but I feel they have been a bit slow to blood young guys. I understand it's harder for them to do than say Connacht because there is so much more quality ahead of them but I still feel they drag their heels a bit......constantly preferring Boss to McGrath, Conan getting about 100 pro minutes ever etc....

Plus I struggle to believe either of them would be a step down from playing Madigan out of position at 15.

We were forced to throw Henshaw and Marmion in out of the blue due to injuries 2 years ago and that worked out ok!! :D

*disclaimer: I fully accept there is virtually no chance of any of that actually happening*

Pragmatic approach points driven give Kelleher the zebre home game not Munster if we go down that road

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

Pragmatic approach points driven give Kelleher the zebre home game not Munster if we go down that road

Zebre attack is nearly more potent than Munster at the moment!! ;)

*runs for cover*

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sbtrkter90

S12b wrote: »
    If Rob Kearney is out I'd love to see Leinster show some faith in one of their younger guys like Kelleher or Dardis and throw them in. As an organisation there are very few areas I would criticise Leinster in but I feel they have been a bit slow to blood young guys. I understand it's harder for them to do than say Connacht because there is so much more quality ahead of them but I still feel they drag their heels a bit......constantly preferring Boss to McGrath, Conan getting about 100 pro minutes ever etc....

Plus I struggle to believe either of them would be a step down from playing Madigan out of position at 15.

We were forced to throw Henshaw and Marmion in out of the blue due to injuries 2 years ago and that worked out ok!! :D

*disclaimer: I fully accept there is virtually no chance of any of that actually happening*

Henshaw and Marmion could do that cause if Connacht lose no one cares, Leinster are expected to win and cant afford silly mistakes as younger lads learn.

• Advertisement

Sean O'Brien
    Clint Newland needs game time at fullback.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

S12b wrote: »

Theres blooding young players and theres that, Kelleher and Dardis are way too young, inexperienced and at least in Dardis's case currently too small for pro rugby full stop, much less one for the biggest matches of the season against Munster in the Aviva.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

I shall be spectating at this contest from the premium seats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Reid to score a brace.

Heard it here first.

The ice man cometh . . .

Morf wrote: »
    Reid to score a brace.

Heard it here first.

The ice man cometh . . .

Total speculation.

If we put ball over line 4 times, 3 will be from the pack.

Sean O'Brien
    Zebo 100m intercept in 80th minute

Molloyjh subsequently converts to Munster fandom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Luke Marshall is playing with the Ravens at the weekend. He'd be one of the first names on either the Munster/Leinster teamsheets.

tumblr_inline_naw19sPdau1regqyn.gif

Total speculation.

If we put ball over line 4 times, 3 will be from the pack.

#SluggyFan

• Advertisement

Have you given up on forfeits then?

#FrannoPyjamas ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement