Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses

Options
  • 21-09-2014 2:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Any news on the stone roses? New music? Rumours etc. just watched shane meadows made of stone.legend of a band.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

What a ****in band. Second coming is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 james2015

Batesy wrote: »

Ye its quality

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Rumour was they were going to cancel their deal with Universal and announce they were splitting for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 james2015

Rumour was they were going to cancel their deal with Universal and announce they were splitting for good.

Thats a pity if its true

They needed to put out an album either last year or this year. The momentum has kind of gone now, and if they do some more summer shows next year, will it just be the same thing again? Is that what they want to be, just a nostalgia band?

If that's the case I'd rather they did split and let Ian Brown go back to making solo records which were always pretty good (wasn't a big fan of his last one though).

They're either getting it together and taking their time due to the weight of expectation, or it hasn't worked out and they aren't going to do a new album at all. Which is stating the obvious, I know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Batesy wrote: »

I thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Nice to see the love for Second Coming considering it usually gets trashed.

Tears is probably my favourite stone roses song.

Mine too!!

For me it's the perfect song. Has a little bit of everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

The 2nd LP is a top notch one in my book.

Second Coming is good but Tears is a let down for me. Basically, one Led Zep rip off after another, and the vocals are terrible - apparently they were just the guide vocals and he never recorded a proper take.

• Advertisement

We'll just have to agree to disagree so.

For me it's the perfect balanced song.
    Starting slow and building it up then it seems like it's over before they come back with the "I cast a shorter shadow with every passing day" line. Outstanding solo from Squire and really top notch lyrics. I like Browns vocal too. I admit I'd not heard that it is basically his demo vocal that made it onto the record but to me that just adds another interesting side to the tune.

It's all about opinions. I think the album has got an undeserved reputation. It really stands the test of time and was probably a little bit ahead of it's time in 1994.

Really hope we get to hear some new material from them next year and just imagine an Arena tour!!

Yeah but listen to Zeppelin, esp Stairway To Heaven, Thank You, Your Time Is Gonna Come...

Other than that, I'm a fan of Second Coming. Daybreak, Love Spreads, Breaking Into Heaven, Star Will Shine, Begging You - all as good as their best. I have to admit that over the years, I listen to SC more frequently than the first album.

I too would love a new album but I can't see it happening. Then again, Pink Floyd... :)

Advertisement