Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Water Filtration System

• 28-09-2014 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi Folks,

I'm looking at putting together a filtration system for recycling water from power washing???

There would be dirt, silt and chemicals (detergents, oils and other substances) in the water. Could anybody best advice me on the most cost efficient way of making this up.

I have seen filter housing and sediment filters on eBay but if I'm correct this will only take out the larger materials and will not clean the water??

Thanks for looking guys all help is appreciated :D

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

What are you looking to do with the water once you've filtered it? As in is it for drinking or human use, or for watering the plants?

I think the chemicals will be the hardest thing to remove too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 F1 Transportation Services

its just recycling for power-washing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,491 ✭✭✭✭Victor

This is what you need: http://www.morclean.com/special-equipment/vehicle-wash-water-interceptor-tank.html

It separates out oil and similar contaminants and also grit.

Victor wrote: »
    This is what you need:

lol it is a lil on the larger side of things I'm looking for an inline system

This is the type of system that car washes have.

What are you using it for?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

This is what you need: http://www.morclean.com/special-equipment/vehicle-wash-water-interceptor-tank.html

Is that just a petrol interceptor with a fancy name?

You can get reedbeds that can filter a lot of run off and chemicals but depends on the chemicals.

You can also add admixtures to inert chemicals but again depends on the chemicals.

godtabh wrote: »
    Is that just a petrol interceptor with a fancy name?
    Essentially. However, it can also remove grit / other heavier than water particles and can be used to feed the wash system, as opposed to all the water going down the drain. Roof water can probably go direct to a tank after superficial screening, but surface water should go through the interceptor.

Make sure the fire officer knows what arrangement you are using if it is in a petrol station or similar - they would prefer that the public drainage system not catch fire / blow up. :)

This is the type of system that car washes have.

What are you using it for?

I'm looking to was items in a tank and recycle the water to re use to wash again??

Advertisement