Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LG tv/rte player problem

• 16-03-2014 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭

anyone else having a problem with the rte player not playing on their LG smart tv? streaming sites work fine. the player hasn't worked once on the tv. any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

have you the tv set to ireland since day one??? also there was a few software updates on their website last time I looked that fixes netflix problems

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

yeah just checked there again to be sure, its set to ireland and its on auto update so no new updates available

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

just a bit of info for everyone. i emailed rte about the said issue and their reply was that LG tvs are not supported. odd when you think that samsung tvs are and have their own rte player app. am awaiting further response from them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭AndersKP

jackrussel wrote: »
    just a bit of info for everyone. i emailed rte about the said issue and their reply was that LG tvs are not supported. odd when you think that samsung tvs are and have their own rte player app. am awaiting further response from them

Hi Guys,

If and when RTE launch a web based HTML5 player then it would work on practically all smart TVs and tablets.

Until then it is unlikely it will work without the TV receiving a flash update from the manufacturer (which sometimes isn't cost effective to do).

Samsung have effectively paid to have an exclusive & proprietary app designed for their platform. Nice for them but the UX isn't much to shout about.

The ball is very much in RTEs court.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jayo69

Hi.
    I've bought a 47" lg 3D smart tv from currys less than 2 months ago. When i bought it currys told me id have 1 month free of NOW TV and i could stream tv through the iplayers eg.BBC,4OD.5OD.RTE.ITV and TV3. So far iv come to learn that none of the english channels are available for streaming in ireland and NOW TV Isnt available here yet either. Am i entitled to a refund surely that is false adverisement and just wrong of them cause i explained that this is wat i wanted tv for.

plus; wen watchin rte player and 3player through browser it works fine for 10 or 15 minutes unill it goes to an add then wont come bk on has this happened to any1 else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Irishsister

Gosh this is the very same problem my LG smart tv has. Its about a year old now and unlike my samsung smart tv that has the RTE & TV3 apps that work perfectly, my LG tv has no app's and when you watch the iplayer through the internet search (nuisance but doable) it comes on fine but like you it just stops half way through or should I say when the first add break comes on! I thought it was my broadband connection for ages. Am going mad as it may be too late for me to change it, but you should as clearly there is a problem here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭chasm

Gosh this is the very same problem my LG smart tv has. Its about a year old now and unlike my samsung smart tv that has the RTE & TV3 apps that work perfectly, my LG tv has no app's and when you watch the iplayer through the internet search (nuisance but doable) it comes on fine but like you it just stops half way through or should I say when the first add break comes on! I thought it was my broadband connection for ages. Am going mad as it may be too late for me to change it, but you should as clearly there is a problem here.

Have you tried it with RTE Player XL rather than RTE player. Seemed to work for a few people who had issues with it stopping after the adverts

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Irishsister

Very good Chasm. seems to have solved the problem with RTE, that just leaves tv3........

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Moved to Video Displays

Advertisement