Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

That 70s show

Options
  • 09-03-2011 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

Has anybody else been following this being re-shown on 3e?

I remember, when I first watched it, I was young enough to think actually was created in the 70s.

I never saw more than the first series or two and thought that was all there was to it - very funny now watching it progress.

I still can't take Donna seriously as a blonde.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Seen every ep. on Trouble, they ran these great marathons....they showed season 1-8 all the way through, 2 episodes per day, unedited, all in chronological order!, fair dues to Trouble for that....i miss that channel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Hah, weird. I had the random urge a month or so ago to watch That '70s show again after hearing nothing about it for eons, have it on my harddrive at the moment and absolutely love it (though I didn't bother grabbing season 8).

Weird that it started to be re-shown around the same time!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

actually forgot how much i loved this show have loved watching them every night

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

started watching it at the end of february and finished it there last week, great show

very few other show finales can make me as emotional as the last episode of season 8, mainly the last 3-4 minutes. I grew up with those kids, always hurts a little to see the show end.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭TheEscapist

Absolutely loved it for six seasons and then just stopped watching. Still haven't seen the finale either so I'll do that anyway. Or should I watch season 7 and 8 or can I just jump right to the end?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Love it, one of my favourites.
    The casting guys outdid themselves with this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I was pretty young when I first watched it, and it was only by rewatching it years later that I realised what "the circle" actually meant. :o Oh childhood innocence....

• Registered Users Posts: 39,023 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

mikom wrote: »
    Love it, one of my favourites.
    The casting guys outdid themselves with this one.

I'd say there was a few worried guys in casting after a 14 year old got the part to play the smoking hot girlfriend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

which 70s show?

which 70s show?

That 70's Show

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Strange, my friend was just saying yesterday how he started re-watching this and it was just as good as teh first time. I was never that big a fan when it was on, but in the absence of anything remotely funny on TV this month I might give it another shot.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

So how did it finish?

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭laoisforliam

started watching it at the end of february and finished it there last week, great show

very few other show finales can make me as emotional as the last episode of season 8, mainly the last 3-4 minutes. I grew up with those kids, always hurts a little to see the show end.

Weird Im watching the very last episode on 7mate in Aus at the moment it has been shown right through

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Wossack

the loss of Eric and Kelso, and the addition of Randy (ugh..) really killed season 8 off imo

great ending though - always gets me... :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,756 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

HELLO WISCONSIN!!!!!
    godtabh wrote: »
    So how did it finish?

New Years Even 1979.
    Foreman and Donna get back together.

*Spoilered in case anyone is watching the series for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Red Haired Donna > Jackie.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,756 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Red Haired Donna > Jackie.

The blonde was rotten on her :(

Jackie > Red Haired Donna > Blonde Donna

Proof
    mila-kunis-20080416003452621_640w.jpgdonna6pf.jpg70s-show-laura-prepon1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I always wanted a basement like the one in That 70s show.

Also Jackie was and still is smoking.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,265 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I quite like that 70's show. Anyone remember the spin off - That 80's show? Lasted like half a season before being cancelled for being truly madly and deeply terrible...

Oh and Jackie ftw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Midge was where it's at.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Just finished watching the series right through and now I don't know what to replace it with. Looking for something with a lot of episodes that is funny and not rubbish that I haven't seen before but drawing a blank. I was thinking about Malcolm in the Middle but the few bits I've seen of it were kind of irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Wossack

Other then the obvious long termers (fraiser/seinfeld), My Name is Earl might be worth a look in. I really enjoyed Arrested Development also. Neither of them nearly as long running as 70s show though..

Just finished watching the series right through and now I don't know what to replace it with. Looking for something with a lot of episodes that is funny and not rubbish that I haven't seen before but drawing a blank. I was thinking about Malcolm in the Middle but the few bits I've seen of it were kind of irritating.

3rd rock from the sun?

also malcolm in the middle is an amazing show, i wasn't crazy about it at first but once I got into it.. it's just one of the funniest shows ever made

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

It really started to go downhill after about the 6th season IMO.

it did a bit, but there were still some gems here and there

before the drop though, the earlier seasons were ridiculously funny. the episode where hal teaches malcolm to roller skate is one of funniest things that has ever been filmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Anyone remember the English remake?

Awful. Terribly terribly awful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Anyone remember the English remake?

Awful. Terribly terribly awful!
    They will all end up in hell. ALL OF THEM!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

*Shudder*

dear gods its so bad it even makes emma pierson look plain.

that woman was a lash in "time gentlemen please".

all the more painfull to watch when you consider its american version about jerry ford.

a clear example of casting actualy bloody mattering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

dulpit wrote: »
    I quite like that 70's show. Anyone remember the spin off - That 80's show? Lasted like half a season before being cancelled for being truly madly and deeply terrible...

Oh and Jackie ftw.

Yes, featuring Glen howerton who now plays Dennis in it's alway sunny.

Advertisement