Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamsat Preparation

Options
  • 09-10-2013 4:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey Guys,
    I want to sit the Gamsat exam in Dublin in March 2015, I´m travelling at the minute and won't be home in enough time to prepare for 2014.

I have a BA degree with no science background, I didn't sit any science subjects for the leaving certificate either. I'm considering doing the Gamsat prep full course in Dublin which will begin in January 2015. I'll be returning to Ireland in April which gives me 11 months to prepare for the exam and a couple of months to get my science up to scratch to get the best from the Gamsat revision course.

Has anyone been in the no science background category before sitting the Gamsat?:confused: I would ideally like to do some short term science class in Ireland for a couple of months next year, can anyone recommend anything for me? I'm pretty sure learning chemistry and biology to undergraduate level and physics to leaving certificate is virtually impossible to do by myself.

Any advice please throw it my way please,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rachel273

I am in the same boat, I bought the Gamsat prep courses this year but I really didn't find it helped me and my score wasn't good enough. So I have signed up to the Ireland science revision course with METC Institute, I am hoping their course will prepare me better for the science section!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Moved to the GAMSAT forum, might get more answers here

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Annika2015

Hi guys,

I'm in the same boat, no science background and starting study now for March. When and where is that course in Dublin? Is it the Gold Standard one? Any info you can give me on it would be amazing.

Also if anyone out there has sat them with no science background I would be very grateful on any advice, resources used/how and with what you got started, etc.

Thanks everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 greentoast

Hey guys,
    I'm a BA background myself (no science at all!) and I did the GAMSAT last year and am now currently in 1st year of medschool. If you check out khanacademy.com and start working through all of the Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Organic Chemistry videos, they are a great start to get your head around everything. Start with chemistry and organic chem because they are the ones that require the most time and revision in my opinion.
    If you want any more info etc...PM me.
    :)

Advertisement