Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

food poisoning

Options
  • 27-11-2012 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

trying to fingure out what would have caused it, had those pasta salad from the supermarket, (friends birthday) so had slice of cake with champane and oj in it, had crunchy nut

then last night I had nothing but the runs last night and some today, getting little better thankfully but it hurts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Bog roll in the fridge, you're welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Winter vomiting bug, not food poisoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

mtjm wrote: »
    trying to fingure out what would have caused it, had those pasta salad from the supermarket, (friends birthday) so had slice of cake with champane and oj in it, had crunchy nut

then last night I had nothing but the runs last night and some today, getting little better thankfully but it hurts

O. J. : If I Did It, Here's How It Happened

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

razorblunt wrote: »
    Bog roll in the fridge, you're welcome.
    I usually flush mine down the toilet, thanks all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

mtjm wrote: »

That fuckin' sea food salad!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

there is probably something going around op. my arse was like a flock of sparrows yesterday but i didnt eat anything any takeaways/crap on sunday. my mother in law was the same on saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 51,631 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I usually flush mine down the toilet, thanks all the same.

I saw some recycled toilet rolls on the supermarket shelf. Didn't touch them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

You have the scutters, not food poisoning. If you had food poisoning you would know it as both ends would be constantly busy..you wouldn't be posting on boards next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

It's only food poisoning when you are getting sick out of your asre and mouth at the same time , trust me I know what I'm talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

so prob a bug then, felt like I was pissing from my ass, feeling better now thanks for asking, drinking water and 7up had toast there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

If it was one of the salads from a salad bar that just put in the plastic container yourself then it was probably that. I wouldn't go near them things. Riddled with campylobater.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

sounds like norovirus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

AIDS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

You have the sh*ts, not food poisoning.

If you're not a man, you should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

You don't have food poisoning trust me you'd know if you had it. 3 weeks in bed , holucinating robbie williams on washing machines floating around the place , weight loss , sinks full of vomit...it's actually like your dying..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Geri Male

Can you eat the runs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

Irishcrx wrote: »
    You don't have food poisoning trust me you'd know if you had it. 3 weeks in bed , holucinating robbie williams on washing machines floating around the place , weight loss , sinks full of vomit...it's actually like your dying..

I think you're confusing food poisoning with taking lots of Heroin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

I think you're confusing food poisoning with taking lots of Heroin?

Nop just a really bad dose when I was younger from a lovely place called wonderburger on the north side of Dublin..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Probably the orange juice, I can't touch the stuff or it'll go right through me:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

Nop just a really bad dose when I was younger from a lovely place called wonderburger on the north side of Dublin..

Didn't they start giving out a free medical cert with every happy meal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

You have food poisoning when you're projectile vomiting & have a dose of the runs at the same time.
    When your vomiting up green bile & pooing a brownish water then come back & talk to me. At the moment you have a dodgy tummy.

And if you fart without breaking out in a sweat in the next week then your defiantly not sick enough. A proper dose of the runs will have you clenching your arse cheeks for the next six months.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

MadsL wrote: »
    You have the scutters, not food poisoning. If you had food poisoning you would know it as both ends would be constantly busy..you wouldn't be posting on boards next day.

thats not true

you can get food poisoning without vomiting

Norovirus poisoning left me with acute diarrhea for 6 days non stop. had severe cramps but no vomiting

My doc had my liquid poo tested for it and it was confirmed norovirus infection which you can get from eating dodgy meat

• Registered Users Posts: 51,631 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

thats not true

you can get food poisoning without vomiting

Norovirus poisoning left me with acute diarrhea for 6 days non stop. had severe cramps but no vomiting

My doc had my liquid poo tested for it and it was confirmed norovirus infection which you can get from eating dodgy meat

Two spoonfulls of Bisto. It browns, seasons and thickens.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Not washing your hands before eating means you might as well go around licking every door handle that you've touched all day.

It's a good chance that you didn't get the scutters from the food.

Unless you've enemies that would spike your food with laxatives. ;)

It wouldn't have been a bad pint by any chance ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

I have the vomiting bug :( I'm in a bad way. Constantly nauseous then I need to run to be sick. But I can't move because I'm light headed and feel faint so I've taken to vomiting in a bucket.

I thought the runs were coming on earlier and I felt like crying, but thankfully that feeling left.

I had food poisoning before and I'd rather feel like this forever than go through that again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

I have the vomiting bug :( I'm in a bad way. Constantly nauseous then I need to run to be sick. But I can't move because I'm light headed and feel faint so I've taken to vomiting in a bucket.

I thought the runs were coming on earlier and I felt like crying, but thankfully that feeling left.

I had food poisoning before and I'd rather feel like this forever than go through that again

Brandy and port. Take two before bed, be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,323 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Bad enough luck and you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

squod wrote: »

Brandy and port. Take two before bed, be grand.

I have neither, I may have a poo though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Could be food poisoning, could be a bug. You don't necessarily have to be vomiting to have either.

Feck all you can do really, only let it go through you! Don't take tablets to stop the diarrhoea and drink loads and keep away the young, old and sick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Update:

SUPER AIDS

Advertisement