Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free postage to the North Pole no more....

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

NO THEY DO NOT! :mad::(

Our parents probably just threw ours in the bin I'm guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

libra02 wrote: »

Yes they do. I know all my cousins n godchildren have received letters back for past 10 years. All over the country.
    Myself n my bro got one every year when we were writing and this was in 80's and early 90's.

There may have been one or two slip through cracks but I have never heard of children never receiving one.

Now if you send ones that were not put in an An Post postbox well that nothing to do with An Post.

For instance I know of a friend who child posted their letter through a certain shop Santa letter box and didnt get one.
    It was obvious the shop dumped letters n didnt put them through An Post.

So if you have kids stick a stamp on letter post it early and watch the letter from Santa arrive.
    We have to trust you to tell truth & admit that one came to the child. : )

Well I guess my children's stamped letters must have both slipped through the cracks last year then.

They didn't get replies and it was their first time posting them. Just as well I hadn't mentioned they would get responses from the man himself or they would have been very upset.
    We posted two letters to Santa again this week but I am not holding my breath for replies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

I have come across numerous letters that have been sent to Santa clause and the children do not provide a return address, I would say roughly a 1/4 of them, so it's obviously not possible to send a reply.

Are these the letters?

146ig.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Hippies!

Does Santa not have email nowadays or Facerbook even? Sure what kid knows how to write a letter? Kids are stupid. :pac:

I have come across numerous letters that have been sent to Santa clause and the children do not provide a return address, I would say roughly a 1/4 of them, so it's obviously not possible to send a reply.

Are these the letters?

146ig.jpg

I never saw one of those before.

We sent ours with the address on the letter itself and not on the envelopes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Call me Al wrote: »
    I never saw one of those before.

We sent ours with the address on the letter itself and not on the envelopes.

well these are the ones An Post been sending out for at least the last 10 years, they have gotten a little smaller the last few years but still the same type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Where do they deliver them to? ****ing Narnia?
    Why don't they just throw them in the bin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Gru

Ice Delivery Man: You've got to start charging more than a dollar a bag. We lost four more men on this expedition!
    Apu: If you can think of a better way to get ice, I'd like to hear it.

It must be difficult getting those letters all the way to north pole!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Yes they do. I know all my cousins n godchildren have received letters back for past 10 years. All over the country.
    Myself n my bro got one every year when we were writing and this was in 80's and early 90's.

oh no they don't! (sorry panto season) :pac:

ill never forget the one year i got a reply and my brother and sister didn't, another year my sister got a reply and my brother didn't, another year we all got replies!

it was random! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭libra02

Call me Al wrote: »

Well I guess my children's stamped letters must have both slipped through the cracks last year then.

They didn't get replies and it was their first time posting them. Just as well I hadn't mentioned they would get responses from the man himself or they would have been very upset.
    We posted two letters to Santa again this week but I am not holding my breath for replies.

It seems obvious but did your kids put their address on the letter ?

Otherwise how would Santa reply.

If not try a 2nd letter this time with your address if they want a Santa reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Santa, nothing but a damn commie. Better dead than red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭libra02

Are these the letters?

146ig.jpg

Exactly I would think it was obvious to put address on it.

Those new letters are lovely. I cannot fully remember the ones I got but they must have been similar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Surely The North Pole would come under international rates though, alot more than 55c.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Assumed the thread title was a pisstake.
    To sum up An Post's announcement:

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaSophia

My dad used to write us all personalised letters from Santy, which he would conveniently find by the front door on Christmas morning :D I could never understand how Santy knew just so much about us all :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭flanno_7hi

I still remember getting one of these letters back from santa when i was little. We used to do the whole putting it up the chimney thng but one year I had started to have my doubts. My ma got me to post the letter myself and I got the reply back, Thought it was the most amazing thing ever. Kept me believing for a little while longer.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

You know the way kids always change their minds about what presents they want ?

Get them to write it n a letter to Santa.

"The letter's gone now, you can't change your mind"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Lyaiera wrote: »
    I dunno about Skynet. I usually follow the NORAD one and they've done it since the beginning so I doubt they'd stop this year.
    scary when you think that a little girl was on the hot line

suppose she asked for a game of Global Thermonuclear Warfare ?

It seems obvious but did your kids put their address on the letter ?

Otherwise how would Santa reply.

If not try a 2nd letter this time with your address if they want a Santa reply

It is obvious! And yes, they were 2&4 so I had to write the letters on their behalf, so I put a return address on the letters themselves in the expectation that they would get a reply.... And I put stamps on the envelope too.

And there are return addresses and stamps on this years envelopes, just like we are asked.

Advertisement