Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

do you tell your dates you're on the dole?

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 curlygirly

Rigol wrote: »
    This is possibly the most superficial, soul-less thread I've read on boards in my time here.
    And not just some of the things the OP (real name Beyonce Knowles) was saying.
    Some of the replies in this thread make it sound like an equation of a persons value based on shallow cliche social standards.
    A man must be working or he'd be too ashamed to approach (fk you), women are automatically ruled out on weight, etc etc. Somebody joked about polluting your gene pool - sounds about right.
    Hope none of these class A specimen Ubermench types in here ever suffer chronic illness or accident or other uncontrollable circumstances which reduce them to mere mortals.
    mmmmm but no, some of them will, cause thats life.

yup! thats the way it goes. and i dont take offence to the beyonce knowles reference cos once again if you read the post about the 'bills' song, it is about a woman who has supoprted herself and finds a guy who has nothing but time to enjoy the fruits of her labour. also check out 'scrubs' by tlc if you need some more explaining.

if a woman works her whole life, leaves her parents when she's 18 and makes a life for herself for 12 yrs, why should she have to feel bad about not wanting to date a guy who wont get his ass off social welfare? if that makes me a bitch, so be it! again, i ve met severallll guys who are on the dole and gotta say, not one of them gave me the impression they were actually looking for work. it's the same story everytime ;

uh i went travelling and then came back and couldnt find work so i moved in back home with my folks.
    -oh. when was that?
    it's only been about 18 months now.

please!

anyway im done my rant. i feel the way i do and nothing will change that.

good news is, i got a job yesterday. thank christ this nightmare only lasted 5 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

curlygirly wrote: »
    yup! thats the way it goes. and i dont take offence to the beyonce knowles reference cos once again if you read the post about the 'bills' song, it is about a woman who has supoprted herself and finds a guy who has nothing but time to enjoy the fruits of her labour. also check out 'scrubs' by tlc if you need some more explaining.

if a woman works her whole life, leaves her parents when she's 18 and makes a life for herself for 12 yrs, why should she have to feel bad about dating a guy who wont get his ass off social welfare? if that makes me a bitch, so be it! again, i ve met severallll guys who are on the dole and gotta say, not one of them gave me the impression they were actually looking for work. it's the same story everytime ;

uh i went travelling and then came back and couldnt find work so i moved in back home with my folks.
    -oh. when was that?
    it's only been about 18 months now.

please!

anyway im done my rant. i feel the way i do and nothing will change that.

good news is, i got a job yesterday. thank christ this nightmare only lasted 5 days.

So you were only on the dole for 5 days?
    On the first day of being on the dole you post a thread about not wanting to date while on the dole! :D:D

Your such a liar but you got people going for 11 pages!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

I always wondered how old "Cat Ladies" were created. Now I know.

So you were only on the dole for 5 days?
    On the first day of being on the dole you post a thread about not wanting to date while on the dole! :D:D

Your such a liar but you got people going for 11 pages!

Erm....no, not a liar (and btw it's "you're" not "your"), in my first post I say this is my first time on the dole hence me not knowing what to do in a dating situation.

If I'd been on the dole longer than I was, I would've posted about it ages ago.How you came to your conclusion is beyond me.

To the guy who posted below you, nice cliche of a post there but as it so happens I'd much rather live alone with my cats than with some waster I have to support. Yikes!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Would now be a good time to ask you out then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Erm....no, not a liar (and btw it's "you're" not "your"), in my first post I say this is my first time on the dole hence me not knowing what to do in a dating situation.

If I'd been on the dole longer than I was, I would've posted about it ages ago.How you came to your conclusion is beyond me.

To the guy who posted below you, nice cliche of a post there but as it so happens I'd much rather live alone with my cats than with some waster I have to support. Yikes!

Grammar Nazism, no surer sign of a liar.

You big fat liar!

The first day on the dole and your primary concern is about should I tell someone if I go on a date?
    Liar liar liar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

good girl. i ve been on it for two days and am going mental - mainly cos i stopped work 7 wks ago and have gone through my savings and used the dole as a last resort. if im not working in a few weeks , it wont be pretty!

yes but you've been unemployed 2 months. I'd say lying about getting a job tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

Go pay that taxi driver now so! :D

Not to be a Dick but you really cannot lecture anyone on grammar or spelling. After all you did spell several like this, severallll. That's just one example from the hundreds of grammatical and spelling mistakes you made.

You really have some sense of entitlement and the way you imply that anyone who is on the dole is a waster says more about you than anyone else. Really feel sorry for the poor git who ends up with you though I imagine you'll live a lonely life given how unpleasent and judgmental you seem to be.

Not to be a Dick but you really cannot lecture anyone on grammar or spelling. After all you did spell several like this, severallll. That's just one example from the hundreds of grammatical and spelling mistakes you made.

You really have some sense of entitlement and the way you imply that anyone who is on the dole is a waster says more about you than anyone else. Really feel sorry for the poor git who ends up with you though I imagine you'll live a lonely life given how unpleasent and judgmental you seem to be.

You know, you really changed my outlook on life. Thank you. If it weren't for you, a stranger on the internet, I don't know what direction I'd be going in.

• Advertisement

RainMaker wrote: »
    Go pay that taxi driver now so! :D

I had a 50 note remember - he was the one who didn't have change.

godeas16 wrote: »
    yes but you've been unemployed 2 months. I'd say lying about getting a job tbh.

Ok - lol, so when is it reasonable for someone to get a job? If they've only been looking a week? Or does it take a few years? Really stupid reasoning here. It had to happen some time and most likely, it's after you've wasted your time filling out all the paperwork for the dole.

I know I got the job, I know I'll pay my rent and be sipping cocktails this weekend. I really don't have to prove it to you :)

You know, you really changed my outlook on life. Thank you. If it weren't for you, a stranger on the internet, I don't know what direction I'd be going in.

I bet when you started thid thread you expected most posters to agree and tell you just his right you were. I bet you're one of those girls I often see on the bus on a Saturday night who spends the entire journey making snide, nasty remarks about how the bus is for poor people while you drink from your cans of cheap larger. The same girls who on the return journey will be trying to pee into an empty coke can while wiping dried vomit from around their mouth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

The fact that you yourself have been on the dole. Be it 5 days or 5 months means you are not in a position to look down on guys who are on the dole. Yes there are wasters on it but, as you are well aware, in this day and age there are all sorts of well educated, decent people having to rely on it.

Why don't you ask a guy out, bring him for a meal and a drink and pay for it. I may be wrong but I get the impression the guy must have a few bob and bring you out.

py2006 wrote: »
    The fact that you yourself have been on the dole. Be it 5 days or 5 months means you are not in a position to look down on guys who are on the dole. Yes there are wasters on it but, as you are well aware, in this day and age there are all sorts of well educated, decent people having to rely on it.

Why don't you ask a guy out, bring him for a meal and a drink and pay for it. I may be wrong but I get the impression the guy must have a few bob and bring you out.

i said it about 20x that IM SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE ABOUT GUYS I HAVE MET. i didn't say everyone but jesus, if you people are examples of what are the dole (and why else would you be so defensive) then yikes. im glad im out.

as for a guy needing money to date me, no. he DOES need to be able to support himself. i insist on taking turns, buying rounds and so on. i know that about myself and dont have to prove it to you.

but for the record, most women, dont like having to buy their date dinner. and yes, it does make you less of a man if your girl is doing so.

but for the record, most women, dont like having to buy their date dinner. and yes, it does make you less of a man if your girl is doing so.

I think that says it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭ashers22

Glad to hear you found employment Curlygirly. There really shouldn't be any shame attached to suddenly finding yourself unemployed through no fault of your own and unfortunately having to receive social assistance is a neccessity for many in this situation. I get that there will always be cases where it is due to an unwillingness to work but surely they are in a minority these days. Best of luck in your new job!. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

What about Gigolos?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

My god you are pathetic.

Wow you really are something else, I pity the man that ends up with you. If I were to ask a girl out then of course I insist on paying for both of us but was it to develop into something and we were going out regularly then I would expect her to pay her way at times. Nothing less attractive than a man or woman who expects their date to always pay. Going half and half of letting the woman pay for you on a night out does not make anyone less of a man and if you think that it does then you obviously have a serious sense of entitlement.

Banned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

I'd say your mouldy looking.

banned

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    I'd say your mouldy looking.

No need for that.

Its her attitude that is mouldy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

So tell me OP, now that you have experienced life on the dole (albeit just for a few days) would you still refuse to date someone simply because they are on the dole? Or are they still lesser men in your eyes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

...the fact that you think that's funny, speaks volumes about you.

ps - if you HAVE savings you cant sign on ; unless your savings are in your sock drawer. you need to show 3 mnths worth of bank statements. if theres a withdrawal of a couple grand.. theyre gonna catch on. thats if you're trying to cheat the system. some of us arent into that though.

It doesn't matter anyway because your dole will be backdated to when you last worked. That's what I did and they backdated a few months. I never had to show any bank statements.

• Site Banned Posts: 26 doccbh

Call me old fashioned, but I believe that if a guy is on the dole then he should not be dating. Get your ducks in a row - job first, then date. No money, no funny bunny honey! For girls its different - not an issue

Re reg troll banned

doccbh wrote: »
    Call me old fashioned, but I believe that if a guy is on the dole then he should not be dating. Get your ducks in a row - job first, then date. No money, no funny bunny honey! For girls its different - not an issue

Jesus Christ but that ranks amongst the most retarded things I have ever read on boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭repsol

I am sure I could get to like dating a doley if she had a serious body and knew how to use it.Birds with zero prospects are no use for settling down with however.They are just weekend pussy!Why do you think all the cute whores from the country marry nurses and teachers etc.

• Site Banned Posts: 26 doccbh

Jesus Christ but that ranks amongst the most retarded things I have ever read on boards.

Is profanity really required?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Tell him you help people find jobs.

And by people you mean person.

And by person, you mean you.

And that it's been a slow month in work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

repsol wrote: »
    I am sure I could get to like dating a doley if she had a serious body and knew how to use it.Birds with zero prospects are no use for settling down with however.They are just weekend pussy!Why do you think all the cute whores from the country marry nurses and teachers etc.

And we have a new contender for the most retarded thing said.

doccbh wrote: »
    Is profanity really required?

It's not but it does make like more fun and if you find any of the language I used profane, then fuck me sideways like a tight cunt but you are easily offended.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

start up a dating site ONLY for unemployed people or those to who it doesnt matter a lot.

you could call it doledating.ie

Well that was a thoroughly enjoyable read....no honestly.

OP banned for trolling.

Others banned for attacking the poster; if you thought the OP was trolling, you shouldn't have been feeding him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement