Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What makes a good Sandwich?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

leahyl wrote: »
    sausage, rasher, pudding and egg sandwich in Brennans fresh white bread with real butter and tomato ketchup......OM NOM NOM!!

Can't believe it took 4 pages for someone to get to a proper breakfast sandwich!
    Can't be bet!

Although i do love bolognese sauce on toast with some grated cheddar the odd evening too. Don't knock it till you try it, its fantastic!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Batch bread
    Read Butter
    Warm juicy chicken breast (not crumbed, just fresh, real chicken)
    Pinch of salt

Simple but delicious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Fed up with unnecessary blisters on your hands from the toil of making sandwiches?

Tired of the grueling 2 minutes that a sandwich can take to put together?

Then the new MamTronic3000 is for you! This state of the art device makes the best sandwiches you can fit in your cakehole and it does with all the charm of your Mam!

Hang, cheese, butter, turkey. Whatever you like (except that foreign chorizo muck) and it doesn't spare on the passive aggressive nagging that your real Mam delivers too!

"Are you still hanging out with that shower of wasters?"
    "When are you going to get a real job?"
    "Is that what you're wearing to the wedding?"

It's all here with the new MamTronic3000. It's like you've never left home at all!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Shenshen wrote: »
    Well, I'm not sure if it's technically a sandwich but here goes:

Pita bread filled with salad and falafel

Warm, crunchy pita bread pouch, lined on one side with hummous, on the other with something spicy (harissa is good for it), then layered lettuce, thinly sliced onion and cucumber topped with two or three hot falafels crowned by a good dollop of tsatsiki.

Ab-so-lute heaven, that is.
    Madam wrote: »
    Put some prosciutto into a dry frying pan - fry till crispy(in a minute or so as the prosciutto is so thin - besides saves on the calories:)). Butter some bread(preferably toasted) add sliced tomato and lettuce, add salt and black pepper.
    davehey79 wrote: »
    medium cooked steak cut into nice strips, slightly warmed panini, fry onions and mushrooms on the pan with real butter and salt and garlic powder. layer as you like in the panini put cheese over the top (edam for me melts lovely) and top off with mustard mayonnaise and toast under the grill :) scrummy
    Soda bread. Toasted with hamd bacon cheese and tomato (NO easisingles shíte, only cheddar)

OR

Toasted soda bread, turkey breast, bacon, ham, jalipinos, olives, hot chilli sauce, sweet chilli sauce salty hunky dorys :D

What are these words?:confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

If you are making a grilled rasher sandwich, place the bread pan under the rack holding the rashers and let the juice of the rashers soak into the bread while grilling (this also makes for easier washing up).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Toasted sambo -Tuna,cheese,mayo & lettuce mmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

Grill some german peppered salami until it is crispy
    Cut Kaiser rolls in half (the ones with the poppy or sesame seeds)
    Place Salami on kaiser roll and add some mozzerella
    Toast it until the mozzerella has melted and voila a gorgeous roll!! :D

OR

Boil 2 eggs
    chop up a bit of an onion, a tomato, mixed lettuce and the boiled eggs
    Add lots of mayo and give a good stir
    place onto a slice of brennans white bread and add a sprinkle of salt and place another slice on top.

I have had people who will not eat salad sandwiches tell me these were gorgeous :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

R0ot wrote: »
    My Ma.

Me, Ron Jeremy and YORE MA!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭jimmyjoe951

Cucumber and mayonnaise ;) try it you'd be surprised how nice it is :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭caste_in_exile

Condiments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Meatball sandwich.

Leave leftover meatballs from spag bol in the pot or dish it was cooked in with the sauce. The sauce thickens up overnight.

Heat up balls, cut a soft roll in half, cut balls in half,add to roll, top with the sauce and lashings of cheese and if you've time, fried mushrooms and onions. Throw under the grill until cheese melts.

Another fave is leftover roast beef or pork from Sunday dinner with fried onions, cheese and gravy.

Oh ghod I want one now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

There must always be more filling than bread. Always.

Anything less than a 1.1 : 1 filling to bread ratio is just bread with something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭ruthloss

Any sandwich tastes better if you have a bag of cheese and onion Taytos with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Get some white bread with loads of butter. Thin slices of hot roast beef freshly sliced. Saute loads of onion rings (not diced].

Gather some fresh lettuce, tomato, cucumber, sweetcorn, beetroot, cress and feck them in the bin.

Put the saute onions in the middle of the sliced beef in between the bread. Cut in to 2 equal triangles. Eat when the butter starts to melt. Change shirt

Yummy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

CruelCoin wrote: »
    There must always be more filling than bread. Always.

Anything less than a 1.1 : 1 filling to bread ratio is just bread with something.

+1 I alwasy drool when I see them making sandwiches on programmes like Diners, Drive In and Dives or Man V Food. OK, there's a good ratio then there's overkill but sometime in my lifetime I want to eat one of those sandwiches 5 pounds of three different meats in it.

I discovered the Pastrami sold in Lidl is delish and open to accepting many combinations of ingredients for a fantastic sammich.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

newmug wrote: »
    Originally Posted by Shenshen
    Well, I'm not sure if it's technically a sandwich but here goes:

Pita bread filled with salad and falafel

Warm, crunchy pita bread pouch, lined on one side with hummous, on the other with something spicy (harissa is good for it), then layered lettuce, thinly sliced onion and cucumber topped with two or three hot falafels crowned by a good dollop of tsatsiki.

Ab-so-lute heaven, that is.
    What are these words?:confused::confused::confused:

200px-Pita_felafel.jpg

Pita bread is white bread that when toasted forms a pouch.
    Falafel are chickpea fritters, sometimes spicy, sometimes not.
    Hummous is a chickpea and sesame paste/dip, usually spiced with garlic and lemon and very creamy.
    Harrissa is a spicy paste, originally from the Maghreb, I believe. Any sort of chili paste will do, though.
    And finally, tsatsiki is a Greek yoghurt dip with grated cucumber and garlic.

The whole thing is a little bit of a trip around the Mediterranean, but it just works, trust me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Plazaman wrote: »
    +1 I alwasy drool when I see them making sandwiches on programmes like Diners, Drive In and Dives or Man V Food. OK, there's a good ratio then there's overkill but sometime in my lifetime I want to eat one of those sandwiches 5 pounds of three different meats in it.

I discovered the Pastrami sold in Lidl is delish and open to accepting many combinations of ingredients for a fantastic sammich.

Ham, cheese, coleslaw, pickle.

Cool and refreshing for warm days, yet dense and filling also.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,316 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Chicken and stuffing, a timeless classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

You will need:

Three slices of fresh Brennans bread
    Two slices ham
    Grated cheddar
    Tomato
    Onion
    Lettuce
    Mayo
    Mustard
    Butter
    Salt

Instructions:

Butter all the bread
    Place one slice of bread on chopping board
    Add mustard
    Then ham
    Then cheese
    Then second slice bread butter down
    Put mayo on top of that slice
    Then lettuce
    Then onion
    Then tomato
    Then salt
    Add final bread slice

Cut in rectangular halves not triangles.

Best served with mug of tae. ;)

• Advertisement

You lost me at using Bought In Bread :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,837 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

A simple soft fried egg,on one slice of buttered bread,sprinkle with salt AND vinegar,put second slice of bread on top :) With a mug of steaming coffee!! Don't knock it til you've tried it !

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Condatis

Sprinkle both slices with a generous amount of granulated garlic,

Lay on some strong mature cheddar cheese,

Sliced tomato,

Iceberg lettuce,

A few slivers of mackerel,

Onion,

A little pepper,

Close and consume.

Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭Corvo

Bread.

Lots of hang.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Chicken and stuffing with a light smear of sweet chilli sauce, oh and obviously NO butter.

Butter - *puke*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Onions have no place in a good sandwich. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Onions have no place in a good sandwich. ;)

Onions are an essential ingredient in every meal. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Fresh bread, full fat butter filled with chicken and stuffing mix.....served with a side of cheese and oinion crisps. Maybe a bit of cheese if I'm toasting it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Toasted sandwich filled with rashers, sausages and cheddar cheese. Great for a hangover, absolutely divine!

Advertisement