Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nexus 7 arraging apps in the main menu (where all the apps are)

Options
  • 13-02-2013 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

when you click to see all your apps , how do i arrange them. I DONT WANT THEM ON THE HOME SCREEN.From google all i can find is about the freaking home screen. my home screen is an analog clock. and im happy with that :L
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,693 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Why would anyone want a clock as their homescreen, You can set the clock as your screensaver. It serves no purpose as the homescreen icon.

Your weirdness aside, If you pan to the left or right screens you can place and arrange your apps there. Technically speaking you have more than 1 screen to play with known as pages. Pan left or right and you will see what i am talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Sounds like you have the option to auto-add widgets set in the Play market, when you download an app it's icon automatically gets added to your homescreen. To turn it off open the Play market, click menu-->settings and untick it.

Hold on, you want to rearrange them in your app drawer? I'm afraid you can't do that without installing a third party launcher (homescreen and app drawer app)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

bit confused here
    i want to move these icons around the place (eg twitter to the top corner or angry birds to the middle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

bpb101 wrote: »
    bit confused here
    i want to move these icons around the place (eg twitter to the top corner or angry birds to the middle
    You will need to install a custom launcher to do that as it's not really a common request (since the homescreens are designed for icon organization).

http://www.android.gs/best-android-launchers-of-2012/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

That's not the home screen, that's the app drawer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Technophobe

If there are apps that are that important to you, put them somwhere prominent on your home screen..that screen shot is an App drawer...
    ..altho I am not really sure as to what u are trying to achieve...:confused:

I think the OP is actually confused as to how the device actually operates. May be confusing it with the Ipad.....

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭lil5

Here's two links that talk about customisation of Nexus 7 / Android 4.0
    http://blog.laptopmag.com/how-to-customize-your-home-screen-on-the-nexus-7
    http://www.techadvisory.org/2012/12/make-android-yours-custom-home-screens/

Once you press on an an app or widget in the app drawer you can drag it to the main homescreen, but also organise them on the other screens by dragging them left or right.

lil5 wrote: »
    Here's two links that talk about customisation of Nexus 7 / Android 4.0
    http://blog.laptopmag.com/how-to-customize-your-home-screen-on-the-nexus-7
    http://www.techadvisory.org/2012/12/make-android-yours-custom-home-screens/

Once you press on an an app or widget in the app drawer you can drag it to the main homescreen, but also organise them on the other screens by dragging them left or right.

I dont like the home screen ,i think everybody here is confused to what i am on about. I want to move the apps in the app drawer around the app drawer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

I dont like the home screen ,i think everybody here is confused to what i am on about. I want to move the apps in the app drawer around the app drawer.
    Read my post:
    You will need to install a custom launcher to do that as it's not really a common request (since the homescreens are designed for icon organization).

http://www.android.gs/best-android-launchers-of-2012/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

The simplest thing would be to just use the second page of the homescreen for your app icons. Then arrange them in whatever order you want, you can even leave out the less used apps.

Leave the one widget on your default homescreen, then swipe right for a grid of icons, like an app drawer but arranged as you want.

The app drawer isn't meant to be very customisable. Even a third party launcher like Go Launcher will only allow you to sort by alphabetical, chronological or most used.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

bit confused here

Eh thats not the homescreen?thats just the app drawer, shows everythin thats installed. the homescreen is the one on startup,with the clock and the google search thingy or whatever else you want on it. not the one that pops up when you press the round symbol with the squares in it. to rearrange stuff on the homescreen go into the screen you have in the pic, tap and hold an app icon and then drag it to wherever you want on the homescreen.

krudler wrote: »
    Eh thats not the homescreen?thats just the app drawer, shows everythin thats installed. the homescreen is the one on startup,with the clock and the google search thingy or whatever else you want on it. not the one that pops up when you press the round symbol with the squares in it. to rearrange stuff on the homescreen go into the screen you have in the pic, tap and hold an app icon and then drag it to wherever you want on the homescreen.
    I WANT TO ARRANGE STUFF ON THE SCREEN AFTER YOU CLICK THE ROUND SYMBOL . i think i got my answer from somebody above

I WANT TO ARRANGE STUFF ON THE SCREEN AFTER YOU CLICK THE ROUND SYMBOL . i think i got my answer from somebody above

Then thank whomever it was. Less shouty, i think we understand you btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Should've got an iPad.......oh wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

yeah and you can't, its all alphabetical, unless you install a different launcher on there, they mostly look the same though.

thanks foalks

Advertisement