Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

reiki

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,353 ✭✭✭✭endacl

You are just miffed because nobody is buying your snake oil.

Somebody's selling snake oil? I've a squeaky snake!

PM me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

sup_dude wrote: »
    No, it's more the complete lack of logic which some of the posts display.

If anything, I'm a bit "miffed" at the fact that, as your post demonstrates, certain people are not reading what I'm saying at all, despite me repeating it over and over. I cannot make my views any clearer. I don't believe Reiki works... so please explain where the snake oil is coming from. Or don't bother explain because no doubt, it will be based on something misread/purposely ignored as well

I am aware that you are not a proponent of reiki. The snake oil comes from your seemingly obtuse insistence that chi is synonymous with energy as scientifically understood. It patently is not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I am aware that you are not a proponent of reiki. The snake oil comes from your seemingly obtuse insistence that chi is synonymous with energy as scientifically understood. It patently is not.

Patently... based on a bit of a thread where you had your mind made up before you even thought about it and no matter what I said, it wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference? Yes. Patently. Have you even studied chi and the idea of it in any detail at all, or are you associating it all with stuff like Reiki?

Patently... based on a bit of a thread where you had your mind made up before you even thought about it and no matter what I said, it wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference? Yes. Patently. Have you even studied chi and the idea of it in any detail at all, or are you associating it all with stuff like Reiki?

I must admit it is difficult to exam chi in isolation. Yes I am predisposed to write it off. Most articles I have read regarding chi have such a high level of mysticism that they are hard to take seriously.
    I will study more before commenting further.

I apologise for annoying you.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭JohnBee

There is no need to study it in detail, a mere 1 minute is sufficiency to gain enough information on what Chi is supposed to be. If you honestly believe there is a magical energy that connects us, a life force (as distinct from actual scientific energy) then you are believing something that is as magical as water memory, witches and reiki.

JohnBee wrote: »
    There is no need to study it in detail, a mere 1 minute is sufficiency to gain enough information on what Chi is supposed to be. If you honestly believe there is a magical energy that connects us, a life force (as distinct from actual scientific energy) then you are believing something that is as magical as water memory, witches and reiki.

Maybe you might wanna reread my posts with regard to that bolded part there.
    Also, no. A mere 1 minute is insufficient to gain enough information on anything.

Maybe you might wanna reread my posts with regard to that bolded part there.
    Also, no. A mere 1 minute is insufficient to gain enough information on anything.

1 minute is enough for Reiki and Chi.

Do you or do you not believe in the Chi concept?

1 minute is enough for Reiki and Chi.

Do you or do you not believe in the Chi concept?

So lemme get this straight....you're going to ask me this question and expect me not to realise (despite your posts thus far) it's loaded, and then you, who has admitted to absolutely zero understanding of the topic, are going to come up with a definition and use your definition against me, who has spent years researching it. And then you, who has admitted to absolutely zero understanding of the topic, are going to act as though you have somehow triumphed, despite the fact you have not only have no idea what you're talking about, you refuse to educate yourself on the topic. And then no doubt your triumph will be something along the lines of "hur hur, look how much of an ejit sup_dude is, sure she believes in this wishy wash *insert your definition here*", whilst the concept of irony is completely lost.

Now I just saved us about a page worth of posts.

So lemme get this straight....you're going to ask me this question and expect me not to realise (despite your posts thus far) it's loaded, and then you, who has admitted to absolutely zero understanding of the topic, are going to come up with a definition and use your definition against me, who has spent years researching it. And then you, who has admitted to absolutely zero understanding of the topic, are going to act as though you have somehow triumphed, despite the fact you have not only have no idea what you're talking about, you refuse to educate yourself on the topic. And then no doubt your triumph will be something along the lines of "hur hur, look how much of an ejit sup_dude is, sure she believes in this wishy wash *insert your definition here*", whilst the concept of irony is completely lost.

Now I just saved us about a page worth of posts.

Clearly your years of research are well spent. It frustrates however that proponents of magic use pseudoscientific arguments to validate their magic. Saying that "chi and energy are the same" is actually nonsense. Energy is a definable physical entity, it is the ability to do work. It is pseudoscience to say that Chi is merely a different name for it. If it truly is the same, then the term Chi is redundant. You cannot get passed that. If there is something amazing you left out of your previous posts that will convince us that an invisible life force is a real phenomenon then please enlighten us. If you are just referring to energy, then avoid the word Chi. Yes, humans are full of energy, matter is potential energy, the food we eat drives chemical reactions that produce energy to move us.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It is pseudoscience to say that Chi is merely a different name for it. If it truly is the same, then the term Chi is redundant. You cannot get passed that.

Different languages use different words. The Chinese word Qi/Chi may have extra connotations that the English word "energy" does not have, but that does not make the word itself invalid/redundant.

• Advertisement

JohnBee wrote:
    Clearly your years of research are well spent. It frustrates however that proponents of magic use pseudoscientific arguments to validate their magic. Saying that "chi and energy are the same" is actually nonsense. Energy is a definable physical entity, it is the ability to do work. It is pseudoscience to say that Chi is merely a different name for it. If it truly is the same, then the term Chi is redundant. You cannot get passed that. If there is something amazing you left out of your previous posts that will convince us that an invisible life force is a real phenomenon then please enlighten us. If you are just referring to energy, then avoid the word Chi. Yes, humans are full of energy, matter is potential energy, the food we eat drives chemical reactions that produce energy to move us.

It's wonderful how you speak of pseudoscience and yet manage to make an entire argument based on something you know nothing about.

An File wrote: »
    Different languages use different words. The Chinese word Qi/Chi may have extra connotations that the English word "energy" does not have, but that does not make the word itself invalid/redundant.

I never said the word was redundant, I merely pointed out that to say that Chi and energy are 2 different words with the same meaning was incorrect. I am not invalidating the word itself.

It's wonderful how you speak of pseudoscience and yet manage to make an entire argument based on something you know nothing about.

I don't need to spend years researching unicorns to know they are not real.

It is really a very simple concept. The French word for energy is énergie. This is an example of 2 words that mean the same thing. Chi however is not the same because whilst it does include the meaning of the word energy in the physical sense, there is a mystical attachment which is not encompassed by the actual meaning of the word energy and therefore your use of the comparison is just as bad as Deepak Chopra when he uses the word quantum to convey a certain air of legitimacy.

Anyway getting back on topic, those who take advantage of desperate people with crystals and hand-waving are manipulative con artists, whether or not they believe it themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

I don't need to spend years researching unicorns to know they are not real.

It is really a very simple concept. The French word for energy is énergie. This is an example of 2 words that mean the same thing. Chi however is not the same because whilst it does include the meaning of the word energy in the physical sense, there is a mystical attachment which is not encompassed by the actual meaning of the word energy and therefore your use of the comparison is just as bad as Deepak Chopra when he uses the word quantum to convey a certain air of legitimacy.

Anyway getting back on topic, those who take advantage of desperate people with crystals and hand-waving are manipulative con artists, whether or not they believe it themselves.

You seem to have a one track mind here mate.

I love how you talk about Chi and diss it as you have no understanding what it is.

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    You seem to have a one track mind here mate.

I love how you talk about Chi and diss it as you have no understanding what it is.

Diss it ? Could you post what it means to you? Supdude seems to be saying its just a word for energy. Im having trouble not associating it with a load of mystic meg stuff.

Diss it ? Could you post what it means to you? Supdude seems to be saying its just a word for energy. Im having trouble not associating it with a load of mystic meg stuff.

Would you classify your life force, Soul, Feeling of Well being as just energy?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

unreg999 wrote: »
    I'm wondering how anyone ever was cured or recieved any relief at all more than 200 years ago before the birth of doctors & modern medicine??

Plus you obviously know very little about Reiki (even though you are putting yourself forward as an expert) as you are talking about 'hand waving'... if you actually knew anything about it you would be aware that there is no waving of hands during the procedure...
    There has been a lot of research done on the effects of Reiki (I will post some tomorrow, bit late to go looking now) & many 'real' doctors now accept it (& make referals) as a very beneficial aid to healing & recovery as well as practitioners working in hospitals in many countries! (Not yet Ireland unfortunately!)
    It was fully embraced by the Japanese military as a form of field healing!
    I take it you would say the same about meditation, acupuncture & the like too?

Op i would try it out... i know many people who have had great results from it, myself included! I'm not saying it's for everyone but how will you know unless you try?
    Beats just mindlessly taking a tablet & having to deal with worse side effects! :)

We we're promised research 5 months ago, I've read through the thread and can't find it.

Also, what's the SI unit of Chi? Is there an equivalent to exergy and entropy? Is Chi conserved? Can it take similar forms to energy? Are we talking about kinetic or internal Chi?

That's just a load of other nebulous stuff that does not mean anything more to me than chi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭jackboy

There is no such thing as life force (except in the star wars universe). The soul is something of religion, i'm not getting into that debate. Feeling of well being is just a release of a chemical in the brain, the dumbest dog has this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭jackboy

There is no such thing as life force (except in the star wars universe). The soul is something of religion, i'm not getting into that debate. Feeling of well being is just a release of a chemical in the brain, the dumbest dog has this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 willthatdo

JonJones wrote: »
    what is nthe difference between reiki and seichem and what is munay ki. Never heard of that. i did google them but maybe you can explain in simple terms as befits me being a person that might foist them on a [willing] sick person desperate to be well. thanks

Hi JonJones, well to be honest I recommend you don't try them on any sick person even if they are willing. Regarding the differences, if you ask people who are teaching it they will tell you that seichem comes from the same place as reiki but that it is opening you up to a deeper vibration of it. They will tell you that it is recommended that you attune yourself to level 3 reiki before you are able to deal with the energy of seichem. Consider that. It is also deepening your commitment to reiki and its teachings. In terms of the feeling of it, you will begin to feel other sensations from it. And just to add, if you think you are feeling out of sorts after level 2, you can expect to feel even worse when you reach them levels at least for a time anyway. Also as in reiki 1 they will tell you that once you are attuned you will always have it and it can't be undone. (this is a lie which keeps people trapped in the practice making them think that they are on the path of enlightenment). As for Munay Ki (which I strongly advise you against doing), again it will deepen your spiritual experiences and along with it bring deeper and wider ranging sensations.
    If reikiis just placebe why do some get a bad reaction. I have felt very disorientated after a level 2 treatment. The reiki folks say it is because it is clearing taking place

I know from my experience that the reiki folks told me the same thing. But I now know it was a lie. I would say it is because you have given rights to reiki in your life. So when you give it rights in your life it will affect you spiritually. Just ask yourself, did you feel any "negative energy " before doing it ? If not, why did you suddenly feel it ? and why all of a sudden do you need a clearing ?
    When you get involved in those spiritual practices you are opening a door to external spiritual influences on yourself. You need to close the door so to speak.

Also ask yourself, why are the different levels secret and also require more money for each level ? And ask yourself why do they see your "ego", or sense of identity, as a bad thing ? do some research on what type of groups have similar characteristics.

Also you mentioned you did not learn a calling in prayer ? what exactly did your teacher tell you about reiki over the 2 levels ?

willthatdo wrote: »
    Hi JonJones, well to be honest I recommend you don't try them on any sick person even if they are willing. Regarding the differences, if you ask people who are teaching it they will tell you that seichem comes from the same place as reiki but that it is opening you up to a deeper vibration of it. They will tell you that it is recommended that you attune yourself to level 3 reiki before you are able to deal with the energy of seichem. Consider that. It is also deepening your commitment to reiki and its teachings. In terms of the feeling of it, you will begin to feel other sensations from it. And just to add, if you think you are feeling out of sorts after level 2, you can expect to feel even worse when you reach them levels at least for a time anyway. Also as in reiki 1 they will tell you that once you are attuned you will always have it and it can't be undone. (this is a lie which keeps people trapped in the practice making them think that they are on the path of enlightenment). As for Munay Ki (which I strongly advise you against doing), again it will deepen your spiritual experiences and along with it bring deeper and wider ranging sensations.

I know from my experience that the reiki folks told me the same thing. But I now know it was a lie. I would say it is because you have given rights to reiki in your life. So when you give it rights in your life it will affect you spiritually. Just ask yourself, did you feel any "negative energy " before doing it ? If not, why did you suddenly feel it ? and why all of a sudden do you need a clearing ?
    When you get involved in those spiritual practices you are opening a door to external spiritual influences on yourself. You need to close the door so to speak.

Also ask yourself, why are the different levels secret and also require more money for each level ? And ask yourself why do they see your "ego", or sense of identity, as a bad thing ? do some research on what type of groups have similar characteristics.

Also you mentioned you did not learn a calling in prayer ? what exactly did your teacher tell you about reiki over the 2 levels ?

Seems there is a reiki bullshìt schism.

That's just a load of other nebulous stuff that does not mean anything more to me than chi.

Mark. Do you know what acupuncture is and why its used and also why acupuncture is covered by nearly all Health Insurance Companies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Mark. Do you know what acupuncture is and why its used and also why acupuncture is covered by nearly all Health Insurance Companies?

Health insurance companies will pay for acupuncture because people are willing to pay a premium , can't really blame them for trying to make money out of alternative medicine as well!

They are businesses, they don't really care if the treatments work or not, as long as enough people take out policies with them to pay for the treatments on offer regardless of efficacy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 161 ✭✭JonJones

Sorry for late reply only saw this now. Had unfollowed this

They said it like a river stagnant with lots of rubbish on the bed. The reiki treatment was like flood to wash it all away but in the short term made the river look brown/dirty. The brown was the analogy of the feeling bad. It has to get worse before it gets better sort of thing
    Money i expect. Some will teach 1, 2 and 3 in a weekend if you have the cash. My level one teacher said one should practice a year or more before going to level 2.I rememeber thinking when the level one teacher spoke about the wonder ful spiritual experience it was not fair such wonder was only available to people who had money. I would not charge for it if i was 'qualified ' to as i do not think heling should be only for people who have money.Also when in business you are never honest with the customer. the main part is sell which is at odds to spirituality to me.

I was given level 2 free by a different teacher.I felt very disorienated that night. I lay down in a bed in a room i do not usually sleep in and could hear the tv in the room next and it seemed to be coming from very far away.

As said i also had this disorienataion after a level 2 treatment. That was from a practioner once when i was ill, not my teacher

In terms calling in prayer I do not remember exactly what i was told as it was a long time ago. There was nothing about calling in prayer from either teacher. Just to start the treatment

Interesting comments you make. But I do not accept you say about opening yourself/giving it rights. You do that with christianity too but you believe that is the 'right' one to open to. You do not know what you were told was a lie. You believe it was a lie..All these things are beliefs as to what spiritulaity is right and what is 'wrong'
    And ask yourself why do they see your "ego", or sense of identity, as a bad thing
    Do not remember that either but it was a long time ago

• Advertisement

VHI, Aviva and Laya cover homeopathy. Why? Because they listen to their customers. And a sufficient proportion of their customers are idiots. That's business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

endacl wrote: »
    VHI, Aviva and Laya cover homeopathy. Why? Because they listen to their customers. And a sufficient proportion of their customers are idiots. That's business.

This drives me nuts because it lends an air of legitimacy to quackery :mad:

This drives me nuts because it lends an air of legitimacy to quackery :mad:

Drives me nuts because part of my premium pays for quackery. If fewer people were idiots, insurance would be marginally cheaper.*

* Also applies to motor insurance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

endacl wrote: »

Here is an idea for a conspiracy theory....

It's because they have calculated their customers will die sooner using alternative medicine, after all patients who live longer require more treatments costing the insurers more.

Certainly as plausible theory as the belief that "big pharmaceuticals" companies deliberately only develop treatments not cures in order to sell more of their products.

Here is an idea for a conspiracy theory....

It's because they have calculated their customers will die sooner using alternative medicine, after all patients who live longer require more treatments costing the insurers more.

Certainly as plausible theory as the belief that "big pharmaceuticals" companies deliberately only develop treatments not cures in order to sell more of their products.

So true, evil Big Homeo and their shills are trying to kills us all

• Advertisement

So true, evil Big Homeo and their shills are trying to kills us all

"Evil Big Homeo" I bet he has a lair and minions. He probably has a ray gun that increases gullibility.

"Evil Big Homeo" I bet he has a lair and minions. He probably has a ray gun that increases gullibility.

No need for a ray gun. Just a gullibility potion. Pour it into the sea so it becomes so diluted and thus infinitely powerful that all tap water retains the memory of it.

Sorry for late reply only saw this now. Had unfollowed thisThey said it like a river stagnant with lots of rubbish on the bed. The reiki treatment was like flood to wash it all away but in the short term made the river look brown/dirty. The brown was the analogy of the feeling bad. It has to get worse before it gets better sort of thing

Money i expect. Some will teach 1, 2 and 3 in a weekend if you have the cash. My level one teacher said one should practice a year or more before going to level 2.I rememeber thinking when the level one teacher spoke about the wonder ful spiritual experience it was not fair such wonder was only available to people who had money. I would not charge for it if i was 'qualified ' to as i do not think heling should be only for people who have money.Also when in business you are never honest with the customer. the main part is sell which is at odds to spirituality to me.

I was given level 2 free by a different teacher.I felt very disorienated that night. I lay down in a bed in a room i do not usually sleep in and could hear the tv in the room next and it seemed to be coming from very far away.

As said i also had this disorienataion after a level 2 treatment. That was from a practioner once when i was ill, not my teacher

In terms calling in prayer I do not remember exactly what i was told as it was a long time ago. There was nothing about calling in prayer from either teacher. Just to start the treatment

Interesting comments you make. But I do not accept you say about opening yourself/giving it rights. You do that with christianity too but you believe that is the 'right' one to open to. You do not know what you were told was a lie. You believe it was a lie..All these things are beliefs as to what spiritulaity is right and what is 'wrong'

Do not remember that either but it was a long time ago

- Its a nice metaphor that they use, and it can even be convincing to some but what about people who already feel good ? why should they have to get worse to feel good again ? I seen happy people become depressed and people who were laughing become sad after attunements. As for the depressed, I seen some get worse. Yes, I also seen some feel better but more than likely a trick and manipulation of their emotions. I myself experienced ecstatic states from it, but it does not bring peace. It gives people problems that they did not previously have and, the whole teaching and all the teachings which link into it put people in regression instead of bringing advancement to peace.

- You said, "There was nothing about calling in prayer from either teacher. Just to start the treatment"
    I think that happens a lot. They don't tell people all the facts behind it, because if they did people would run a mile.

Firstly, I do know what I was told was a lie regarding reiki can't be undone and that once attuned you will always have it. I know it was a lie because, it can be undone. I know it was a lie because I now no longer have reiki or the effects of it.
    Also, I guess it is kind of true that you do the same with Christianity in that you can give it rights in your life. But it is different in that you are giving the rights to God to have authority in your life. When you are giving reiki rights in your life, you are stepping away from Christianity and giving the "universal" or "cosmic" energy rights in your life and trying to manipulate the energies to your own will. By giving rights to reiki you open yourself up to the spiritual world. Christianity teaches you ways to close it off in order to protect yourself from the spiritual world.
    As for beliefs, no amount of belief makes something true. At the end of the day, there is only one truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

- Its a nice metaphor that they use, and it can even be convincing to some but what about people who already feel good ? why should they have to get worse to feel good again ? I seen happy people become depressed and people who were laughing become sad after attunements. As for the depressed, I seen some get worse. Yes, I also seen some feel better but more than likely a trick and manipulation of their emotions. I myself experienced ecstatic states from it, but it does not bring peace. It gives people problems that they did not previously have and, the whole teaching and all the teachings which link into it put people in regression instead of bringing advancement to peace.

- You said, "There was nothing about calling in prayer from either teacher. Just to start the treatment"
    I think that happens a lot. They don't tell people all the facts behind it, because if they did people would run a mile.

Firstly, I do know what I was told was a lie regarding reiki can't be undone and that once attuned you will always have it. I know it was a lie because, it can be undone. I know it was a lie because I now no longer have reiki or the effects of it.
    Also, I guess it is kind of true that you do the same with Christianity in that you can give it rights in your life. But it is different in that you are giving the rights to God to have authority in your life. When you are giving reiki rights in your life, you are stepping away from Christianity and giving the "universal" or "cosmic" energy rights in your life and trying to manipulate the energies to your own will. By giving rights to reiki you open yourself up to the spiritual world. Christianity teaches you ways to close it off in order to protect yourself from the spiritual world.
    As for beliefs, no amount of belief makes something true. At the end of the day, there is only one truth.

wha???

wha???

It is a reply to another post. Read through the rest of the thread and you will see what it is in relation to.

Read through the rest of the thread and you will see what it is in relation to.

I have and it still doesnt make sense.Stinks of new age bollox.

I have and it still doesnt make sense.Stinks of new age bollox.

Exactly! that is what the thread is about.

Exactly! that is what the thread is about.
    really??

why post this rubbish then ?
    willthatdo wrote:
    willthatdo wrote:
    When you are giving reiki rights in your life, you are stepping away from Christianity and giving the "universal" or "cosmic" energy rights in your life and trying to manipulate the energies to your own will.

that is where you go into bull**** land. Christianity is just one way not the way. if you think that you have been brainwashed by christianity which you seem to prefer to being brainwashed by reiki
    Firstly, I do know what I was told was a lie regarding reiki can't be undone and that once attuned you will always have it. I know it was a lie because, it can be undone. I know it was a lie because I now no longer have reiki or the effects of it
    you do not know that you believe it. iot is not possible to measure

that is where you go into bull**** land. Christianity is just one way not the way. if you think that you have been brainwashed by christianity which you seem to prefer to being brainwashed by reiki

you do not know that you believe it. iot is not possible to measure

One way to what ? Also, where in that statement did I try to state that it is the only way ? You misread it and got defensive before jumping on the offensive. Where is the brainwashing in Christianity ? Also, how can you practice reiki on people without having studied what it actually is ? would you give a sick person drugs without reading the label on what the drug is ?

What do you mean I don't know that I believe it. its not possible to measure ?

• Advertisement

One way to what ? Also, where in that statement did I try to state that it is the only way ? You misread it and got defensive before jumping on the offensive. Where is the brainwashing in Christianity ? Also, how can you practice reiki on people without having studied what it actually is ? would you give a sick person drugs without reading the label on what the drug is ?

What do you mean I don't know that I believe it. its not possible to measure ?
    I am not defensive as i do not care what you believe. But you try to demonise reiki in facour of christianity. I am not defending reiki and do not treat anyone with it. I never have. But it is as valid a belief as christianity.

I mean it is not possible to measure if reiki attunement is still with you. Or measure if energy flows from you with attunement. so you do not know it is not with you, you believe it is not with you. It is a belief rather than a fact. all of what you said re reiki being evil/bad etc is just a belief, not a fact
    . But it is different in that you are giving the rights to God to have authority in your life. When you are giving reiki rights in your life, you are stepping away from Christianity and giving the "universal" or "cosmic" energy rights in your life and trying to manipulate the energies to your own will. By giving rights to reiki you open yourself up to the spiritual world. Christianity teaches you ways to close it off in order to protect yourself from the spiritual world.
    that you need protecting from the spiritual world is just a belief you have. You came on here saying reiki is evil/ the spiritual is evil/God is better. Those are just beliefs not facts. People who try to say a different belief is evil etc are just insecure. If they really believed inn their way they would not have to convince anyone.

My interest in reiki is simply as seeking healing for someone who is ill. You judge they should not do it due to your beliefs around it. And i am also curious as to the disorientation affect but do not put it own to any dark spiritual forces.

i do not intend to continue to debate it as it is a waste of time. if anyone knows a healer who can heal cfs they can PM me

I am not defensive as i do not care what you believe. But you try to demonise reiki in facour of christianity. I am not defending reiki and do not treat anyone with it. I never have. But it is as valid a belief as christianity.

I mean it is not possible to measure if reiki attunement is still with you. Or measure if energy flows from you with attunement. so you do not know it is not with you, you believe it is not with you. It is a belief rather than a fact. all of what you said re reiki being evil/bad etc is just a belief, not a fact

that you need protecting from the spiritual world is just a belief you have. You came on here saying reiki is evil/ the spiritual is evil/God is better. Those are just beliefs not facts. People who try to say a different belief is evil etc are just insecure. If they really believed inn their way they would not have to convince anyone.

My interest in reiki is simply as seeking healing for someone who is ill. You judge they should not do it due to your beliefs around it. And i am also curious as to the disorientation affect but do not put it own to any dark spiritual forces.

i do not intend to continue to debate it as it is a waste of time. if anyone knows a healer who can heal cfs they can PM me

You were defending reiki in your previous posts! you said you learned up to level 2?! of course you can feel if it still flows through you. but that is only one minor part of the effects it can have on peoples live. Or did you offer to do it on people without even being able to ever feel it ?
    Yes it is true that I favour Christianity over the teachings of reiki. And it is with good reason and from plenty of experience. I can only give you my word that it is bad. But if you don't trust me, then test it yourself and keep testing it. I have discovered that many other people have also come to the same conclusion. Its not just from choosing some beliefs over others for the sake of it, its from hard facts from experiences had. If you study the background to it and test it and dare to go all the way with it (which I encourage you not to) then you may discover the same . Hopefully you don't have to experience anything bad before you realize that.
    The whole entire reiki healing is based around the teaching of karma. That in itself should be a warning. Some people like the idea of karma, but if you look at it properly it is a completely immoral teaching. And what can be good about that ? It also tries to teach people that all beliefs are okay, that there is no right or wrong and that if anyone says otherwise the they are in a state of fear or ignorance. They are deluded.
    You say because I try to warn people about it I am insecure ? How is that so ? I am merely agreeing with others on this thread that reiki is in fact a load of quack,peppered with some bits of truth to make it appealing to people, and also warning others because of the experience I have from it.

You were defending reiki in your previous posts! you said you learned up to level 2?! of course you can feel if it still flows through you. but that is only one minor part of the effects it can have on peoples live. Or did you offer to do it on people without even being able to ever feel it ?
    Yes it is true that I favour Christianity over the teachings of reiki. And it is with good reason and from plenty of experience. I can only give you my word that it is bad. But if you don't trust me, then test it yourself and keep testing it. I have discovered that many other people have also come to the same conclusion. Its not just from choosing some beliefs over others for the sake of it, its from hard facts from experiences had. If you study the background to it and test it and dare to go all the way with it (which I encourage you not to) then you may discover the same . Hopefully you don't have to experience anything bad before you realize that.
    The whole entire reiki healing is based around the teaching of karma. That in itself should be a warning. Some people like the idea of karma, but if you look at it properly it is a completely immoral teaching. And what can be good about that ? It also tries to teach people that all beliefs are okay, that there is no right or wrong and that if anyone says otherwise the they are in a state of fear or ignorance. They are deluded.
    You say because I try to warn people about it I am insecure ? How is that so ? I am merely agreeing with others on this thread that reiki is in fact a load of quack,peppered with some bits of truth to make it appealing to people, and also warning others because of the experience I have from it.
    I was not defending it. I did learn one and two. I never practiced or treated anyone. It is no worse than christianity.and I have no interest in testing either of them. Believe what you like. Don't claim it as fact

Advertisement