Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Am Alive

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I had no clue about this game before Thursday. It was an impulse purchase on PSN when I realised I had exactly the same amount left in my wallet after I downloaded Journey as this cost.
    Interesting. I've been excited about this game since it was announced years ago, and was rather disappointed to find it was only going to be a PSN game and not a fully-fledged release.

However, the trial was closer to what I originally wanted the game to be, than what I expected from it after hearing it was download only. So that's moving in the right direction at least. Will probably buy it soon enough so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

Saw this yesterday at a reduced price of 8.50, can all of those that have completed this game tell me if its any good, some will say download it as its only 8.50, but its either this or MGS1.

What are your thoughts on the game, now you've completed it ?
    I hear the controls are a bitch to use, any truth in this ?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Yeah I know that this is an old thread (well one month) but I just noticed that this is being released on PC next week and wanted to know if it was worth it? I had presume it will be just a console port with maybe some extras but it sounded interested from when it out earlier this year for consoles.

Actually i just googled it again and it's being released today via Steam and other digital downloads.
    Gamespot wrote:
    Strategy Informer is reporting Ubisoft has brought forward the release of the PC version of I Am Alive.

According to the report, the postapocalyptic action game will be released on PCs a week early, launching September 6 on via Ubisoft's digital store, on Steam, and other digital retailers for $15.

I Am Alive was released for Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network earlier this year, receiving a warm critical reception.

The PC version of the game boasts two modes not available on the console counterparts: Easy mode, which allows for infinite retries and a smoother introduction to the game, and Replay, which allows users to play levels again.

Those who preorder I Am Alive for the PC through the UbiShop will score a free copy of Outerlight's 2010 first-person shooter Bloody Good Time.

I Am Alive tells the story of an everyman searching for his wife and daughter after a mysterious but cataclysmic event. This man returns to his hometown, Haventon, a year later to find the city in ruins, with its inhabitants taking necessary actions to survive.

Earlier this week, Ubisoft announced it will be ditching its old DRM system after listening to user feedback.

Also that last line = :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Out on PC atm, anyone any reviews or opinions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cheap digital slr cameras

Can you give some ideas on what kind of game is it? A quick reply will be much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Surviving in a post apocalyptic place trying to find rescue I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Mechanically, it's all about exploration and resource management. You need to find and keep hold of food and water to keep yourself going and to help others.

The combat is more like a puzzle game. You can use your weapon to threaten the enemies so they stop advancing and you have time to figure the most effective way to kill everyone. With the rarity of bullets it's quite an interesting challenge at times.

Story is fairly generic but not bad. Although there is good moments interacting with NPCs around the world that are simply there to populate the world.

Overall I enjoyed it. It's nice to see a different take on the post-apocalyptic survivor concept.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭RaZzZz

I bought this over the weekend for about a fiver on Steam, played about two hours of it last night and it's quite an enjoyable game, my brother had this game for the PS3 and he said visually it was crap, and when he saw the PC version he was surprised by how nice everything looked. The setting is perfect for my tastes, the technical side of the game isn't perfect but it's such a unique game that it keeps me immersed ^^

Was this a success or not does anyone know?? it'd be interesting if there was to be a sequel with a proper release.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,520 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Great game, I still have to clear it tho! Got stuck on some really think dust part and then a new game came along. Had some really good mechanics like having one bullet in your gun trying to convince 2 enemies you had more. Now thats survival horror!

Tis great craic alright, I did a silly thing last night where three lads confronted me.. two had a gun and the one last had a machete.. what did I do asks you.. I shot the guy with the machete.. dumbass moment ^^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,520 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah thats one of those panic ah sh*t! moments. Gonna redownload this and give it another go! I lost my save file so will be a bit of a trek to get back to where I was.

I couldn't imagine starting this all over again tbh, the game is so linear, not much room to move around, ah sure, enjoy it lad ^^ I gotta get home soon and continue my journey!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

I played it for a bit on the PC but couldn't get my xbox controller to work properly so just assigned to the to-be-completed pile in the backlong. It was an interesting idea but afaik it did OK but not enough for a sequel etc.

Actually it apparently it did a bit better then I thought, depending on the version you got:
    Wikipedia wrote:
    I Am Alive received mixed to positive reviews, with aggregating review websites GameRankings and Metacritic assigning the PlayStation 3 version 71.58% and 75/100, the Xbox 360 version 69.62% and 69/100 and the PC version 66.00% and 66/100

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

interested in why the ps version is so much better than the xbox version. its currently on sale and only 6.75 for ps plus subscribers. I enjoyed the demo on the xbox.

Advertisement