Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Freeview Box

• 23-09-2004 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Im living in Wexford and I can pick up all the english channels through my aerial (BBC1 BBC2 ITV S4C and Channel 5). If I bought a freeview box in the UK would I be able to pick up the 30 free channels that are available on that system????.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Yes most probably

can you presently get good CHANNEL FIVE through the aeriel ?

If so, you should be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Can you get freeview in general in Ireland through the standard cable (ntl)? I thought i saw freeview boxes in Power City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

You probably saw a free to view sat box which is different altogether.

I have found only one place in Ireland that sells a British Freeview DTT box and that's an online shop.

Tony, if you're reading, maybe you can explain the difference better.

Thread moved to terrestrial where there are many threads on the subject.

Freeview is digital terrestrial TV received via your roof top aerial.
    As most people use presely in wexford,then in theory as its a DTT enabled tx then all *could* get it at some point.
    It depends on reception which has to be very good(ie for example very little static on your UK channels) for it to work properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Mr T

I dont get any static on my uk channels I will give it a go and let ye know what happpens!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I pity the fool if this doesnt work....

I know! Sorry! Couldnt resist!! :D:D I hope it works, you have an excellent chance. Report back on your results.

A little tip: if you have Teletext... go to ITV1 and press "reveal" or "=?" If you look at the line where it says under the Teletext logo, where it says ITV1 Wales or equivilent, you should see a 3 letter code. What is the code on your TV? The code represents the transmitter you are recieveing your analogue signal from, and we would known then if the transmitters has Freeview.

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭SF1

Pal wrote:
    I have found only one place in Ireland that sells a British Freeview DTT box and that's an online shop.
    not true there selling freeview boxes and radios in homebase in omni nort dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

thought homebase was a diy shop not electronics,they sell freeview boxes over here when the system is'nt properly available here.A probably just send em out to all stores in the uk or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭SF1

thought homebase was a diy shop not electronics,they sell freeview boxes over here when the system is'nt properly available here.A probably just send em out to all stores in the uk or not
    yes your probley right about the homebase getting them by a mistake but there cheaper then the uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

The code represents the transmitter you are recieveing your analogue signal from

Unless of course youre getting a signal from a relay transmitter

Then youd just get the code for whatever TX the relay was sourcing off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭lawhec

DMC wrote:
    A little tip: if you have Teletext... go to ITV1 and press "reveal" or "=?" If you look at the line where it says under the Teletext logo, where it says ITV1 Wales or equivilent, you should see a 3 letter code. What is the code on your TV? The code represents the transmitter you are recieveing your analogue signal from, and we would known then if the transmitters has Freeview.
    This doesn't work Damo - for example all NI transmitters give the code "DIV" for Divis; this is because the local teletext databridge is inserted at the Divis transmitter and pressing reveal identifies this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Bugger all use now. :( I know it worked years ago, it showed Brougher when I tried it...

Advertisement