Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barrelhead indie amber

Options
  • 12-11-2014 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys

Im looking to get my hands on some bottles of barell head beers, ive been looking around online (dont have access to Fbook just now).

Anybody know any of the usual offlicences that carry it?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Unfortunately, they only do kegs. The head brewer of Barrelhead is also the brewer at J.W. Sweetman's, so you can get his beer there at least. They sell growlers for take out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Tiger Mcilroy

irish_goat wrote: »
    Unfortunately, they only do kegs. The head brewer of Barrelhead is also the brewer at J.W. Sweetman's, so you can get his beer there at least. They sell growlers for take out too.

Cheers.

Growler could be an option will look into it, had some at the RDS and was impressed with the indie amber and have bored people with tales of this "wonder beer that stood out from the rest".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Barrelheads stuff is fantastic. I dont think its on sale at Sweetmans under the Barrelhead label, and the Barrelhead beers appear to be different recipes than the JW Sweetmans labelled stuff.

Barrelhead seems to be on permanently at Blackbird in Rathmines, and appears frequently in 57 The Headline.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

There seems to be at least one permanent tap at O'Neill's of Suffolk Street too.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Jibbs

I've had the Indie Amber in P-Macs and Cassidys on Westmorelandn St. They've got other Barrelhead beers on tap in those pubs too. The Pav in Trinners has the Barrelhead Pale Ale on tap as well.
    They make some seriously tasty brews do Barrelhead. I had 2 pints of there Inter Galactic Ale in P-Macs a few weeks ago.It was......out of this world.....(ahem).

• Advertisement
Advertisement