Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A repeat offender

• 21-09-2004 9:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

I had a problem a while ago with my dads sky connection, basically the signal started to look scrambled on screen, it was like it was getting a corrupted signal, Now I have my own digibox so am going to stick mine on to rule out the box and the card and see if its the satellite, but if its the box/card/dish, who do I shout at to fix the problem (da really really likes his gaa and hes getting well annoyed at this stage)

The sub is a couple of years old, and its a dark blue/black and silver pace box. Not sure of the model off hand.
    -Toppy-

Comments

check the signal strenght and quality in the services menu with both boxes.
    It may be that the dish is slightly off line.
    The older pace boxes were a pile of[insert censored word here] anyway so it may be that the pace box is knackered at this stage.
    I don't think mini boxes are made anymore so if you want a cheapish replacement box, try ebay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

You could just cancel and take out a new sub in another name at the same address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

I hear what you are saying earthman, If its the card get onto sky and scream blue murder, but if its the dish get off my arse up to the roof and pull out the compass.

WRT cancelling the sub, where I live when the installer came, (we already had a dish on the house from the previous owners) and he just stuck a sky box in, ran twenty meters of telephone cable, connected the previous sky cable. And according to my wife he didnt even switch the box onto check. Then he had the cheek to charge my wife twenty yo yos for installation. Hang on installation of what! And i didnt even get the dish that came with that sub!

And this was skys own installer not some young fella. I rang sky and they couldnt eveng give me the guys name ffs. So to be honest Id rather not cancel the sub.
    -Toppy-

Advertisement