Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to buy PC parts onlinr?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,305 ✭✭✭✭muffler

That's the only spot that does this afaik, have you tried other sellers there?
    Would they be trustworthy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Amazon are generally fairly good, you should be able to come close to reasonably close to the budget with them. If not I'll try help you bring it down another bit.

There's a seller called s5ean that someone had luck with this week. I'm sure most would be fine there, I used Mrjeffy for my keys which is why I link him, nothing special about him but that I had a link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭lertsnim

muffler wrote: »
    Im cancelling the order with those shower of numpties in Germany. Emailed them on Monday, faxed them on Tuesday and not as much as dicky bird since. I dont know how you guys get on with them but I certainly could never recommend them.

I'm very lucky i made my first order with them when I did a few weeks ago as it all seems to be gone tits up a week or so after. I don't think I'll be bothering with them again when I get my GPU which is a pity

Amazon are generally fairly good, you should be able to come close to reasonably close to the budget with them. If not I'll try help you bring it down another bit.
    The exchange rate at the moment is a real shocker. Basically whatever the UK price is on any item you can add 50% on top of that to get the Euro price. I have ordered a few bits and bobs from Amazon already including the graphics card and the RAM but I'll post up a screen grab of the remaining parts that were ordered from the German site but are still outstanding. I would really, really appreciate any help with this now as the young lad has sorta gone over his budget...on paper anyhow.

There's a seller called s5ean that someone had luck with this week. I'm sure most would be fine there, I used Mrjeffy for my keys which is why I link him, nothing special about him but that I had a link.
    Thanks. I'll have a root around there again and see who takes Paypal as it looks to be the safest bet.

Post it up there with the remaining budget and what it currently stands at anyways

This is the remainder of the build which was in the order that I have now cancelled. It was kicking in at a final price of €565.31 but we are trying to save a bit now if its possible.

http://imgur.com/9Y8cdGG

So far we have this

RAM
    DVD writer
    Mouse
    Graphics card
    Also got a 21.5" monitor but havent a link handy for that

Where did the 8370 come from?

Changing it to an i3 4160, with the PC Mate boar SterlingArcher listed should drop over €100

Drop PSU to a 450w to knock off €30-40

Can go for a cheaper case like a BitFenix to save another €50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

This is the remainder of the build which was in the order that I have now cancelled. It was kicking in at a final price of €565.31 but we are trying to save a bit now if its possible.

http://imgur.com/9Y8cdGG

So far we have this

RAM
    DVD writer
    Mouse
    Graphics card
    Also got a 21.5" monitor but havent a link handy for that
    You could try pixmania also. Tbh your damned either way, strong sterling with the UK suppliers means they are more expensive, and delays with freight from the continent with the others (I'm presuming this is partially responsible for the problems with hwsd at the moment) due to the strike and illegals trying to get onto trucks etc.

Where did the 8370 come from?
    That was a mate of his who said it was much better than the intel one. But Im sure he will be happy enough to change now as the budget is over-stretched.

Changing it to an i3 4160, with the PC Mate boar SterlingArcher listed should drop over €100
    I'll get him to look at that again, thanks. The highlighted part I dont understand???

Drop PSU to a 450w to knock off €30-40
    His mate told him that it would need 750w min to power the graphics card. No idea if thats right or wrong.

Can go for a cheaper case like a BitFenix to save another €50.
    He's not fussy about the case. Any type would do so long as it holds the various parts. If I google "BitFenix" would that be enough to find it or are there different types/sizes of cases or what would you recommend?

• Advertisement

His mate is wrong, Intel for gaming builds 9 times out of 10. The i5 that was recommended would be better if it fits the budget.

In SterlingArchers post on page two he lists a PC Mate motherboard, I don't know the exact model number of it but it's there.

750w for a cheap-ass PSU, any 450w Corsair or BeQuiet won't have any struggles with this build.

Again, I don't know the exact models for BitFenix cases, search them on Amazon and have a look at a few at the price range! Antec One is another case for that budget that's good.

Thanks a mill DS. I'll get him (probably end up being me though) to have a look at all those parts tomorrow. I'll post up a list of possible parts and get your opinion on them then if you dont mind

Regarding the case are they all fairly standard or should we be looking at a full size/height case or would midi type do?

Thats perfect, anyway I can help.

A midi would be fine, just make sure it takes an ATX motherboard, or else get an mATX board obviously

Im cancelling the order with those shower of numpties in Germany. Emailed them on Monday, faxed them on Tuesday and not as much as dicky bird since. I dont know how you guys get on with them but I certainly could never recommend them.
    Just a wee update on this.

Back on July 8th I sent them an email regarding delivery costs and followed that up 2 days later with a reminder and to this day I never received a reply.

Earlier this week (Monday I think) I emailed them about the order and got no reply. On Tuesday I emailed them again and faxed the same message to them but again there was no response. When I did finally cancel I emailed and faxed them and requested confirmation of the cancellation and yet again I got no reply.

On Thursday I contacted the credit card company and they opened a dispute and I see the full amount has now been credited back to my CC account which is a huge relief.

Anyhow, back to the PC bits and bobs. The young fella has a couple of lists done up now and I'll get them posted up here later and you can all fire in what ever comments you think fit :)

HWVS have gone belly-up Muffler :pac: there's a thread on the forum about it. You done well getting the money bacn

That's sound, post away whenever you get a chance

HWVS have gone belly-up Muffler :pac: there's a thread on the forum about it. You done well getting the money bacn
    Just after reading that thread. Yeah, Im damned lucky with getting the refund.

• Advertisement

Right, here are the lists that have been put together so Id be happy with all comments. The Euro prices are approximate as we will do a bit of shopping around as the budget wont allow for any more than that. Trying to get away with less than €500 (excl Graphics card) if its possible

CPU ...€210
    Motherboard.....€98
    PSU.......€75
    Case......€77
    Hard drive......€58

Total price on Amazon for that is going to work out about €518

As stated in an earlier post we already have the graphics card

Alternative list

CPU (same as above) ...€210
    Motherboard......€89
    Case.....€75
    PSU.......€60
    Hard drive (same as above).......€58

Total for that will be about €492

Either or should be fine. Ive the second motherboard with the first PSU, I'd mix it that way.

Go the second one with the first PSU. The i5 is about €185 on amazon.de to knock €25 off, other stuff may be cheaper too

Whatever case he likes better too, they're both solid choices

Advertisement