Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for advice on optimal hedging strategy

Options
  • 18-10-2014 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭

Earlier today I backed the 0-0 draw in the Burnley / West Ham match at 9.5/1

At half-time the score was 0-0 and the odds had fallen to 3.5/1 so I laid the 0-0 for a stake equal to my earlier bet.

What are people's thoughts on this? Is it best practice to hedge your bets like this so as to reduce the inherent variance involved in gambling?

If you are to lay the result at half-time then what's the best amount to lay? Obviously, the more the amount you lay then the lower your profits will be if the score does end 0-0 but you could still make an overall profit if there is a goal in the second half.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭ManagerXI

Before you consider the amount to hedge as its not the same for everybody, do you think its a good strategy overall?

You can hedge the games that reach 0-0 at half time however if there is a goal in the first half you lose your entire stake so will you pick games that reach 0-0 at half time often enough to turn a profit long term?

Advertisement