Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

76:14, surfing on sine waves, food and revolutionary art....

• 04-02-2012 5:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Ive developed a real soft spot for techno music with a blend of melody thrown in for good measure. Any good recommendations im missing? Heres an idea of what ive found and love:

Balil - Merck
    Carl Craig - Frustration
    Global commuication - 14:31, 4:14 etc
    B12, Sun electric, Aphex twin, Plaid etc

Any other similar stuff you guys know, id appreciate your recommendations. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BoMBeK

amon tobin
    four tet
    boards of canada
    the flashbulb
    squarepusher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Conforce.
    You won't be disappointed

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

old gregg wrote: »
    Conforce.

I've seen that name floating about some sites but yet to check out... must have a listen today.

We had a thread a while back that should have a few of interest, it drifts a bit into some more Detroit electro etc but there is a good amount of more melodic ambient techno too.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056427135

Some key names and labels to look out for too if you fancy some discogs/youtube research...

Producers:

As One (Kirk Degoirgio, various other aliases too)
    The Black Dog (as per Balil, Merck, 2 of them went on to become Plaid..)
    Stefan Robbers (look for his work under the names Terrace & Florence plus also under his actual name...)
    Reload (a Global Communication alias, check out the album 'A Collection of Short Stories)
    Russ Gabriel
    Stasis
    Arne Weinberg
    Beaumont Hannant
    The Higher Intelligence Agency
    Autechre (more so early stuff based on what you are looking for)
    Speedy J (again early stuff)
    Move D (also Deep Space Network)
    Electronic Eye (Richard Kirk of Cabaret Voltaire)
    John Beltran (he released an excellent collection of his work last year)
    The Detroit Escalator Company

A few labels to check out also...

B12 (the label as well as the producers)
    New Electronica
    Eevo Lute
    General Production Recordings (GPR - pretty essential label when it comes to this genre...)

ah Scuba, as often we are on the same hymn sheet. At least 2/3 of those producers are on my mp3 player permanently.

Do check out Conforce. His album Machine Conspiracy is like Higher Intelligence Agency 20 years on imo. Wonderful stuff.

ah Scuba, as often we are on the same hymn sheet. At least 2/3 of those producers are on my mp3 player permanently.

Do check out Conforce. His album Machine Conspiracy is like Higher Intelligence Agency 20 years on imo. Wonderful stuff.

Jesus, that is certainly enough reason to drop everything and check him out immediately!

• Advertisement

Ok so I'm half way through this one and I'm kinda tempted to ban you for not telling me about him sooner :p

The other album stupid money on Amazon market place so I'll grab that on discogs when funds allow!

Jesus, that is certainly enough reason to drop everything and check him out immediately!

OK, now that I'm on a roll, check out the Screaming Death Metal Satanic Defecation Cult who are almost like Biosphere :D

OK, now that I'm on a roll, check out the Screaming Death Metal Satanic Defecation Cult who are almost like Biosphere :D

Haha, yeah I can see how there may be a connection there alright, especially to Substrata :pac:

Oh another that I've mentioned in the track of the day thread that fits here too, loving this album from last year.

http://www.discogs.com/John-Tejada-Parabolas/master/346256

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭xdeletiax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Likiing these

El Kid: Corbusier

Jacques Greene - These Days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Thanks guys, ill give them all a listen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 UnklePhil

Conforce.

I endorse this suggestion as well :D

Advertisement