Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paranoid (OT)

Options
  • 30-01-2004 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭

Anyone know why would I have go this unrequested email today ?

To:- $£%$%$%4

Here is your account information.

Login Name: %^%^%^%

Password: $%$%$%$

I never requested my acount info to be emailed to me, does this mean someone has been sneaking about ?

Wexfordman "not at all paranoid"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,219 ✭✭✭corkie

Originally posted by wexfordman
    Anyone know why would I have go this unrequested email today ?

You might try visiting the relevant url and posting your request on that site instead.

The above e-mail not from boards.ie

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

Someone just used your e-mail addy while registering. Either intentional or in error. Just unsubscribe if they start sending you mail and forget about it. Nothing to worry about.

Either that or they are watching you and this is just part of their profile building and soon they will move on to stage two - the theft of your identity, home wife, kids etc....

Cal

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Moving to erm, how about Tech

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

It's called spam, welcome to the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

Originally posted by monument

It's called spam, welcome to the internet.
    :) lol, how true!

• Advertisement
Advertisement