Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solar combination with A2W

Options
  • 05-05-2014 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Trying to read up about these systems and figure it out, we are about to sign off on contracts for a new build, but I do have some questions...

We will have a highly insulated relatively airtight build, walls and floors uvalue 0.12, windows U-value upto 0.5W/m²K, airtightness rating of 1.5 - 2, sand and cement internal plaster with services cavity with A2W UFH up and down stairs covering 2700sqft with MHRV.

But the question is, we will have 2 stoves, one will have a back boiler connected to DWH in the main living area, the other will be just for room heating...

We also have solar pannels included in our spec and in the price, but upon reading and talking to builder I read that solar + A2W is not necessary, but my question is, although it may not be necessary, would it improve the efficiency of the A2W, reduce running costs in the summer months when we won't have a stove topping up water temp?

I'd happily leave in the solar if it meant more efficent summer time DHW production but would it be enough to cover capital cost of solar?... What are your thoughts?

Comments

Advertisement