Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 (End of March 2012 onwards)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

3rd

Whooop!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Cup team!

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Rafa/Carroll/Kenny/Henderson/Downing/Adam/netspend/wewerebigintheeighties/Spearingisamidget/Next season/threadclosed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Kess73 wrote: »
    Rafa/Carroll/Kenny/Henderson/Downing/Adam/netspend/wewerebigintheeighties/Spearingisamidget/Next season/threadclosed

you forgot "steve g is a crock"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

and "it's all Woy's fault".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

About Liverpools finishing position this season! :pac:

racso1975 wrote: »
    you forgot "steve g is a crock"

And the r is optional. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Doni Joke.

• Advertisement

Who would you prefer to win the Sunderland v Everton cup replay? Or is that a silly question?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Out:

Suarez - 35m
    Lucas - 15m
    Johnson - 10m

Net spend for last two seasons = negative

success

^^^

:confused:
    mike65 wrote: »
    Who would you prefer to win the Sunderland v Everton cup replay? Or is that a silly question?

I'm very wary of Sunderland so I would rather see Everton win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

New shiny thread, hopefully we will get Everton in the FA Cup semi-final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I think Everton would guarantee a performance from the players...but revenge on Sunderland would be nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

17th .

Yeeeee haaaaa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Doni Joke.

Harsh. He hasn't played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I have a feeling next year will be our year

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,170 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ht in the cup game and I'm impressed with the workrate of Everton. They really look like a different team than the one we played a few weeks ago.
    I would prefer to play Sunderland in the semi although I think it could be a cracker if it's a derby semi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

We should sign the Chelsea physio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I'm in the ballot for a semi-final ticket, but with it being Everton, it could make things a whole lot tougher.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,170 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

niallo27 wrote: »
    I'm in the ballot for a semi-final ticket, but with it being Everton, it could make things a whole lot tougher.

I presume it would be more likely to be played on Saturday the 14th - would that be right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

I hope Carroll is looking at Jelavic for Everton tonight. He might have missed a sitter but his link up play and positioning has been good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I presume it would be more likely to be played on Saturday the 14th - would that be right?

Yep it will definetly be on the saturday alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Yep, it's on the 14th

Some talented players on that benfica team.

So it's our local rivals on the eve of the Hillsborough disaster at Wembley .

I know we have beaten them twice already but surely complacency wont creep into our performance like it has done a couple of games already this season and cost us .

Surely we have learned from that..... Or have we ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

So the bitters it is. Saying that wont surprise me if they go in as favourites if we continue our form as of late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,536 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Fowler87 wrote: »
    So the bitters it is. Saying that wont surprise me if they go in as favourites if we continue our form as of late.

Doesn't matter......cup semi, Wembley, Merseyside derby, form and favourtism goes out the window.

Tough on him personally, but I see it as a bit of good news if I'm being honest.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Doesn't matter......cup semi, Wembley, Merseyside derby, form and favourtism goes out the window.

Will say it now, just as I did before the last derby. I guarantee a win. :D I don't miss any derby game, and because of that Hodgson I an damned if I want to sit through another loss for a long long time.

Wembley bound.:D

Tough on him personally, but I see it as a bit of good news if I'm being honest.

Another midfield player getting a major injury is not good news for me.

I think he's unfairly treated here.

Yes he's been poor lately, but he has ability and when he's been good he's been very good ( v Chelsea in league he was man of match).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I'm not being complacent but I'm happier playing Moyes' Everton than O'Neill's Sunderland by a margin and I rate Moyes very highly.

Adam is no loss at all. A couple of posters have lamented the loss of Lucas after the Wigan defeat. There was nothing more frustrating than Lucas being started against a side like Wigan at home that we should have been ripping to shreds. Instead we had a defensive mid fielder in front of the back four. Lucas is the most improved player and he's been a huge loss this season but not at home to Wigan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Highlights from the Nextgen series 3rd place playoff. Not sure how representative they're of the game but looks like we dominated.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xpqbh8_young-reds-sink-marseille_sport

Also highlights from the weekend u18's game. We lost 4-3 but had a tonne of guys stepping up from the U16 level - Sinclair, Burke, Maguire, Rossiter and Ojo.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Gerty

opr wrote: »
    Highlights from the Nextgen series 3rd place playoff. Not sure how representative they're of the game but looks like we dominated.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xpqbh8_young-reds-sink-marseille_sport

Opr

I have not seen much of Ibe, but from the clip there and other stuff i've seen, he really does look very impressive. I like Ngoo, he has the ability to drift past players but i really do think he relies on his physical size and long legs, soon will no longer be such an advantage. Had two chances, one relative tap in that he blazed over but was fired at him in fairness and another chance in the second half that he made a poor effort at.

If you take the lads from a few years ago - Jay Spearing, Danny Guthrie, Martin Kelly, Krisztian Nemeth, Damien Plessis, Mikel San Jose, Darby, Lindfield, Threlfall.

I never watched reserves/u18's then, and taking into account the huge overhaul of the academy since then, how would they be compared to the current crop?

Wisdom, Sterling, Morgan, Suso, Mclaughlin, Coady, Flanagan, Robinson, Ibe?

I know a many in the past were hyped and never fulfilled, but are we doing the same with the current generation or has there been a significant increase in quality?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

murpho999 wrote: »
    Another midfield player getting a major injury is not good news for me.

I think he's unfairly treated here.

Yes he's been poor lately, but he has ability and when he's been good he's been very good ( v Chelsea in league he was man of match).

This.

Prior to Lucas' injury, he was good for us.

The hate people seem to have for him baffles me.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    This.

Yes, Lucas' loss and his own loss of form and confidence has not been good to him.

Either way regardless of how he does some posters here have been critical of him before he'd even put on a red shirt.

I think if used correctly he could be a great player for us, yes he fouls a lot (Scholes?) but people here don't seem to realise that players can improve their game as well!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Ohh shiny!

I think we should put him out of he's misery. Best for all involved :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Be interesting to see who we roll out now we've 2 midfielders out for the count.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Vicxas wrote: »
    Be interesting to see who we roll out now we've 2 midfielders out for the count.

given the whinging Dalglish did about having to play youngsters the other week, maybe he can convince Jan Molby to come out of retirement and play a few games.

Worked for Ferguson :D

This.

It's not hate Alan he is a poor player .

His defensive positional play is laughable and he is constantly getting caught on the wrong side of players and having to do last ditch tackles from the side or back giving away needless free kicks in dangerous positions.

Attacking play; going forward with the ball at feet his decision making borders on greed and never releases the ball to the easy most obvious pass.

His dead ball and crosses are nothing to write home about .

His penalties are well what we have seen to date :eek:

He has a good eye for a pass from deep but needs plenty of time to get his head up which Lucas gave him when playing beside , but he is kinda a one trick pony that needs a good master beside him . Lucas @ Liverpool - Vaughan@ Blackpool.

I would much prefer a player that can multitask and do both defensive and defend splitting passes .

Oh and his attitude is questionable aswell !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Adam being out should mean long overdue chances for Shelvey to shine. Who knows, if Texeira can get fit he might get a run too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Was on the road there listening to moves like jagger. Tattoos like agger be a great chant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Des wrote: »
    given the whinging Dalglish did about having to play youngsters the other week, maybe he can convince Jan Molby to come out of retirement and play a few games.

Steve McManaman too!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

That. Is. Fuppin. Hilarious.

This.

Would not disagree with this tbh. Adam was bought for what passes for a squad player price nowadays and his performances have reflected his price more or less.With a Lucas level CM beside him, he can be a decent player as he is not forced back to play in a position that he simply is not good at (The Lucas role).

For all his poor performances he has put in just as many decent to good ones, and I would go as far as to say that he has outperformed over £70m worth of Carroll, Henderson, and Downing this season.

I reckon that for the remaining league games people might get a rude awakening in terms of our midfield now that we have Spearing, Gerrard, and Henderson as our most likely candidates to get the bulk of the CM playing time.

A whinging football manager. What a rarity. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Kess73 wrote: »
    A whinging football manager. What a rarity. :pac:
    Must be a Glasgow thing ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement